1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What's the best player, win now, that they could get for the #12?

Dragic?
    Wilson Chandler?
    Faried?
    Ryno?
    Maybe aldridge if spurs go for cp3?
    Ariza?
    Crowder?

Like what's the options?

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Definitely Dragic (keep in mind they also wanted to move Jackson, and they will try again) -> if in the end Riley moves him, which is a big if imo, cause if they'll be able to get a big player in free agency (Blake, Millsap, Ibaka), i don't think he'll move him...and not sure a 12th is enough to get him btw, i'd say no.

Not sure LMA fits with Drummond and especially with what Stan wants to do...i guess Ryan and Ariza would be a pretty interesting package for them. I wonder if interesting enough to move the 12th pick with Stanley Johnson, Boban if we add some interesting filers...

I think Stan has no interest in Faried, he just doesn't fit his game...Chandler yes but, a good "old" bench player expiring (and probably looking for a good contract) is not what you want back for a 12th pick imo...maybe more if you trade a 20/25th...

Crowder is interesting, not sure Ainge would ask only a 12th pick though, i can see him asking more since he is on a very cheap contract for more years, perfect keeper even if they get Hayward imo. Bradley and/or Smart (maybe Thomas) are the guys i expect them to eventually move.

#3102 Vivi, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

Stan van gundy always wanted a stretch four to pair up with Drummond but I'dk if they want rynos big deal

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

they don't have any cap space and they're not a free agent destination anyways so if they want a stretch 4 next to Drummond then Ryno might be the best they can do

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tobias is making 16 mil to come off the bench for them. Would Tobias + 12 for Ryno be a fair deal or would Detroit be giving up too much?

6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I seriously do belive that Detroit would do that deal of Harris and Ryno straight up but not the 12th pick too unless we add a Harrell or dekker to that deal

7. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I
    I don't know how to show tweets on here but this insider for the Pistons on twitter was talking about how Ryan Anderson would be the perfect fit to trade the 12 pick for but he was saying he couldn't see Houston dealing Ryan very interesting

Vivi and BigMaloe like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

that's pretty interesting...they could really use a guy like Ryno

the reason why I've been proposing Tobias + 12 for Ryno is because Tobias doesn't seem to be an essential piece for them, and Ryno could really help them

I'm not sure how much Detroit values that pick since they're already dangling it, and they were willing to give us a top 8 protected pick for D-Mo and his bad back who was about to become a FA. Adding the #12 pick in addition to Tobias for Ryno seems like an overpay for Detroit, but maybe not if they really value a stretch 4 like Ryno who's locked into his deal.

to show tweets, click on that thing next to the A, copy and paste the tweet's URL, and then click insert

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Poison pill dallas for Noel?

I think he is the perfect fit with Harden (and capela).

[I know it is not a trade]

D-rock likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The likely reason the 12th pick is available is because theirs quite a drop off outside of the top 11 players and it's unlikely any will slip. The talent level between the 12th through the 25th pick IMO is pretty similar (Almost all big men too). Pistons are probably looking to charge a premium on for getting 1st choice of a 2nd tier group, it would be smart of them to pickup a vet by trading back into the early 20's IMO.

The best we could probably offer is something like Anderson, Dekker and our 2018 1st with them sending pieces (Jackson or Luer/Boban) to a 3rd team like the Magic, Nets or Kings to match salaries.

11. BigMaloe

Kind of my thoughts. I imagine they really like Ryan but not enough to just hand over they #12. Also, while acquiring a win now type why trade Tobias? Even with split time off the bench he's one of your better players. It would make sense to shed Leuer and his contract more so the with acquiring Ryan and having 3 other traditional bigs.

Could we use a Leuer? Maybe, but I doubt we would even more so with his contract. So maybe you can find a team, like Brooklyn, who will take on that player for compensation. But what do you have to pay them? Would both 2nds get it done? Possibly add cash?

Houston out: ryan, #43, #45
    Houston in: #12

Detroit out: #12, leuer
    Detroit in: ryan

Brooklyn in: Leuer, #43, #45 (maybe cash)

IDK how feasible that is. Maybe morey can Jedi Detroit into a good deal because of the dmo situation.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

They would trade Tobias because he might be too expensive for them as a bench piece. They had the 5th highest payroll in the league and they weren't even a 40 win team. Now they're about to hand over a max to KCP.

Ryno fills a glaring need for them and can be their starting PF. They already have Morris who's on a very cheap contract as their starting 3.

Leuer can handle backup PF in place of Tobias, and Stanley Johnson can back up Morris at the 3.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Houston would gain #12 and have $30M+ in cap space? I'm all for that.

D-rock likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

I thought Morris was more 4 than 3 there? IDK I easily could be wrong. Even still I think you could switch Tobias wit Leuer and attempt the same trade. Brooklyn may very well prefer that instead and they seem to be getting the shortest stick.
    Ikr lol would be amazing if morey could pull that off and than somehow land Hayward or Ibaka and have a new yummy asset to root for.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Offer Phoenix an Anderson for Tyson Chandler swap straight up. Sign a much cheaper stretch PF to replace RA.

The reality is for a team that shoots as many 3's as we do combined with our PF either being a stretch 4 or small-ball 4, we need centers that are aces on the glass. Capela is pretty good. Chandler is a great. Would give us 48 minutes of elite level rebounding.

If Phoenix says no, sweeten the pot by offering to take Dudley's contract off of their hands. Dudley is more of a stretch PF these days and Phoenix's defense was significantly better with him on the floor. Anderson/Lou Will for Chandler/Dudley/Barbosa works and might grab their attention.

Neither move puts on us GSW's level, but both I think both moves make us better in the short term. Chandler is also one hell of a bargain on a shorter and smaller contract. Could help facilitate future trades.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nah, Morris was primarily the 3 there. Tobias was their starting PF, and once he was placed in a bench role, they had Leuer as their starting 4.

If they acquired Ryno, then they could keep Morris as their 3 and have Leuer as their backup 4 again.

Idk if their owners are considered cheap, but their team is very expensive while not being good, and they have Tobias making 16 mil to be a bench piece while Morris is only making 5 mil and Leuer is making 10 mil. Now they're about to be handing 20+ mil to KCP. Tobias might be too expensive for them if they're getting a stretch 4 like Ryno. Leuer making 10 mil as your backup 4 with Morris making 5 mil as your starting 3 might be a better option for them than Tobias making 16 mil to be their starting 3 next to Ryno or their backup 4.

I think BK would gladly take Tobias. They need a starting PF, and u could still sell Tobias as a player with a little bit of upside. He's still only 24.

Would u do Ryno + Sam or Trez (hopefully Trez) for Tobias + 12?

theDude and BigMaloe like this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Portland is apoarently willing to give a 1st rounder for a salary dump.

Would it be worth taking on Meyers Leonard if you could add that 1st rounder to pull off a Paul George for Anderson trade? I think I would seriously consider it.

D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  18. basketballholic

It's foolish to get into the point guard sweepstakes. We need guys that can play in the rotation tomorrow. Besides the top two or three picks the rest of the guys are not ready for championship basketball.

#3118 basketballholic, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

??

Paul George sweepstakes, not point guard sweepstakes

basketballholic likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

I would do Ryno+harrel for Tobias+12 even if we couldn't forward Tobias somewhere else but would add both 2nds to (day Brooklyn) Tobias in order to clear that salary.

That's adding the #12 pick and getting up to 30m in cap.