1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Raymond to Astros fans: "Stop overreacting to this start"

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, May 24, 2017.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Not sure if threadworthy, but... here you go.

So ex-Astros radio guy Dave Raymond, who's now calling Arlington's games on TV, went on Dallas radio on Monday and well... he certainly had quite a few things to say about the Astros' start and the fan reaction to it down here.

And I was told that Dallas media doesn't care about Houston sports.

NIKEstrad likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Guess we know his exit from the organization wasn't smooth.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Every sports team in the history of mankind has had over reactionary fans. New news? Not really. As for the Rangers, sure they are getting some guys back that may help them. Two of those guys were there earlier in the year when they were struggling as well.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What's he supposed to say? He works for the Rangers now.... he's being paid to be as optimistic as possible.

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

By 5.5 games back, he means now 7.... the largest gap of any division... and now tied with the Angels for 2nd

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He also thinks last year's 1-run record is repeatable this season.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Major

Major Member

He's 100% right. It's stupid to talk about burying a team in May. Astros fans, especially, should know that given our recent late season collapse in 2015 - the Rangers gained 6.5 games on us in September alone that year - and also our own incredible comebacks in the mid-2000's.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Well if it was just the fast start with a team playing above their heads, I could see his point. Considering the Astros likely have the stronger team and a fast start, it doesn't look good for other teams in the division.

9. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Somebody call Charlie Morton, because this dude is salty af.

And obviously he doesn't read clutchfans, because we weren't planning parades, but we were most definitely complaining after wins. Haha, jokes on you David!

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

F the city of dallas Arlington Irving and all of SOUTHERN Oklahoma

#10 RasaqBoi, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Red hot? They won like 8 games in a row and picked up one game on us... Does that mean we are Orange hot? I am in a group chat with half houston and half dallas people. Absolutely none of the houston ppl are bragging, but the dallas ppl are staying very quiet.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its a long season. There may be a time where they're closer than 5 games.

Hell, last year the Astros closed within 1 game after starting out the season very poorly.

And the year before, the Rangers made up a 9 game deficit.

In the end, play your best baseball in September/October, and lets see how it all plays out.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

So you're saying, "fake news".

Maybe he's projecting DAL's non-bragging as HOU must be bragging.

Women do the same thing. If you're not f***** her, but can.... you MUST be f***** someone else. Dude might just be chillin.

14. HookemHorns1250

Here I was thinking as fans we've actually handled all this very well. We are excited... that's not a crime, but we are also constantly talking about trades especially for starting pitching because the majority feel we need that one top starting pitcher to get us over the hump.

I rarely see "Go ahead, give us the rings!" Styled posts....he's reaching for something that's not there. Trying desperately to start up something and give his new team "Motivation."

15. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

i believe you meant to say south Oklahoma.

RasaqBoi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm a 4th generation Houstonian. A fan of every team that represents my hometown. And an Astros fan for as long as I can remember. So I live in terror, expecting disappointment from these franchises. Excuse me if I get excited that my baseball team, which is one of just a handful of teams that has never won a championship, gets off to their best start in franchise history and leads MLB in wins. I know Ranger fans have been soooo blessed with sooooo many years of amazing baseball for decades that they're always on an even keel. But how 'bout you cut us some slack, Fun Police?

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Read that puff piece interview yesterday. He loses all credit when he said that they were getting Doh-doh back for nothing and how he was going to "help" them- help them to most golden sombreros in all of the league. Lulz

rockpileindisma likes this.
  18. HTM

HTM Member

They go on a streak against some of the worst teams in baseball and now they're back.

Right.

Phillies, Padres and Oakland (less so) are a joke.

Apparently you're only allowed to have fun as a baseball fan in September. God forbid people enjoy their teams success in the early part of the season.

#18 HTM, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

Overreaction? What overreaction?

The Astros have the best record in baseball. But, I think I've heard more talk about the Rockets and Texans than the Astros. There's barely been a reaction, let alone an overreaction.

People that get paid to talk say stuff.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

To be fair, most Rangers fans probably don't know the season starts in April.

RunninRaven likes this.