1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrible Movies That You Enjoy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, May 21, 2017.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Commando is the single greatest cinematic masterpiece of the modern era. How dare you

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You are combining the two. Volcano had a volcano in LA, but Tommy Lee Jones was running around trying to save everyone. Dante's Peak had Pierce Brosnan, but was about a volcano near a small town.

Kim likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Love me some "Kung Pow: Enter The Fist"......;)

Tomatometer: 11%

[​IMG]

I also like "Howard the Duck" (1986)

Tomatometer: 15%

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Can't Hardly Wait
    She's All That
    Sixteen Candles
    Black Sheep

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That one is slow and furious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DFWRocket and jae713 like this.
  6. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

If you don't mind Japanese ultra-violence, and are looking for movies that are so bad that they're awesome, look no further than Tokyo Gore Police and Robo-Geisha. They're both cheesy and absurd in the best way possible. They also both have terrible English dubs that just add to wonderful terribleness of it all.

Why are these movies great, you ask? Here's just a few of the of the crazy things in these movies (spoilers... but by no means is this an exhaustive list of the absurdity in these films):

-The opening scene of TGP has the protagonist shooting a rocket launcher at her feet to blow herself to the top of a sky-scraper to reach the bad guy.
    -In TGP there is a guy who uses a hand cannon. As in, a cannon that fires hands.
    -The final fight of TGP involves the villain injecting himself with some super-drug, then cutting off his own legs, then using the impossible pressure of the blood streaming from his stumps to propel him around in the air like a rocket.
    -In RG, the robot women have ass swords. As in, the blades retract in and out of their assholes, and to use them they turn around and wave their butts at each other.
    -In RG, the robot women also have acid breast milk that they use as a projectile weapon to dissolve people.
    -And possibly my favorite absurd thing from these movies, in RG there's a bit at the end where a tall building comes to life like it's a transformer and starts smashing other buildings. But when it does, the buildings bleed. Wait, what?

#26 AtheistPreacher, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Drexlerfan22 and Kim like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Major Payne is a pretty bad movie, but some of the conversations and monologues are extremely hilarious and get to me all the time.

don grahamleone, Mathloom and jae713 like this.
  8. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hudson Hawk

mylilpony likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dumb & Dumber
    Hook
    Happy Gilmore

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Stick It. Only 31% RT (audience score way high though). Real guilty pleasure seeing young girls (and Missy Peregrym, who seemed like in her 30's) in leotards. Best lines... "They don't call it gym-nice-tics" and "Call me... Stalk you" Seriously, its that bad.

Also like to watch Bring It On (doesn't really qualify since it scored high on RT) and wish they'd play them as a double feature. Any movie where Kirsten Dunst is at best the third hawtest in the movie (see Eliza Dushku and Gabrielle Union) and I have to watch.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I hated Tom Green until I saw Freddy Got Fingered.

OldManBernie and Mathloom like this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

the 13th warrior did horribly in the box office, but i could watch it everyday for the rest of my life and still enjoy the schitte out of it.

that movie should have launched the careers of so many actors, but for some reason no one saw it.

don grahamleone and mylilpony like this.
  13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Don't worry. I show my seniors this movie in our Beowulf unit and all the kids love it!

Os Trigonum and Jontro like this.
  14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Starship Troopers. I love me some cheesy space violence.

jae713 likes this.
  15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Napoleon Dynamite

Still can't believe there wasn't a sequel.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Delta Force - Chuck Norris

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. jae713

jae713 Member

Starship Troopers has a pretty big following. It is much better received now then it was when it first released. I can't even remember the number of time I have seen this. It's one of those of movies I can watch any time no matter what part it's in. Same thing with The Waterbor and Friday.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I doubt if anyone has heard of it (props to you if you have) but Hard Ticket to Hawaii is an absolute classic. Playboy playmates and a radioactive snake...that's really all you need to know.

This was a favorite in college. Spent many a Saturday night watching this with my friends while heavily sedated.

The Hunted and jae713 like this.
  19. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

OP, great thread. I have a few that I thought should go on here, but I went on Rotten Tomatoes and they don't have terrible scores... I'll list 'em anyway:

1) Clue - 62% (86% audience) - Terrible, but it's got a great cast and a ton of sentimental attachment for me.
    2) Starsky & Hutch - 64% (49% audience) - I honestly cannot believe this is considered a "fresh" movie by RT standards. So dumb.
    3) The Recruit - 43% (58% audience) - To me, this is what Sunday afternoons on TNT/USA are made for.
    4) Tron Legacy - 51% (63% audience) - Loved the OG Tron, love The Dude, Daft Punk, and Olivia Wilde in spandex.

Kim likes this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the cheezeball John Carpenter movies that I loved from childhood have morphed into critics' choice films.

They Live, Escape from New York, and Big Trouble in Little China both are over 80% on Rotten Tomatoes... even Prince of Darkness is above 50%.

Army of Darkness comes in at 72%...

And the original George Romero Dawn of the Dead now comes in as a 92% "classic" on Rotten Tomatoes. I guess the rest of the world finally caught up with my "ahead of it's time" childhood critic's mind.

#40 Ottomaton, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Richie_Rich likes this.