1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOW TO FIX THIS MESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, May 12, 2017.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Forgot GET A F*CKING IPAD FOR DURANT!!!!!!!!!!

2. Purp8585

Purp8585 Member

Only way to fix this is get a legit star..but after watching game 6 do think anybody wants to play with harden after watching that crap.. If your a milshap, Hayward, griffin etc do u really want to go to war with harden if you know he may mentally check out when things get tuff..hell no. im tired of defending harden man it gets old after awile. When ever his contract is up I'll let him walk and what scares me the most is that do you really trust morey to construct and build this team the right way

Hakeemtheking and cheke64 like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Really curious to see what's going to happen with Favors, imo they'll trade him this summer, and i actually think the price is not going to be high, injuries plus the fact that even if big and good defensively he's still a 4 more than a 5 who's also going to expire and ask more money next year eh...

4. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

LOL lin fans like this clown named os whatever are in active overdrive......hey lin troll no one WANTS JENNY LIN BACK

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Change ownership to a more basketball passionate one that wants to see the team actually compete all the way to a championship. Not a an old fart that shuts everything down when he's made enough money. That's what happened guys. Let that reality set in.

Purp8585 likes this.
  6. threepointshot3

He is is exactly what we need at the four spot. He and Capella would form a scary duo. Ryan Anderson is not getting it done.I'm sure if we offer them Lou Williams and Harrell we could get Favors and something like Rodney Hood back. The Jazz are dying for another a legit scorer off the bench to help ISO Joe .

People are also forgetting Gordons slump post the allstar break coincided with Lou's arrival..Those two just cancel eachother out.

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we need more variety in our offence other than just shooting threes and lay ups. More mid range shots would be welcome to mix it up more

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

We just need a beefy banger for down low... Someone who can sub for CC when its too physical and someone who can sub for Anderson if we need more inside action...

Little Bit likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Hence my Favors point.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes, but are you serious?

11. riko

riko Member

Trade either one of Eric or Lou, get a low post banger, get another playmaker and someone who can rotate at the 3 and 4 spot.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you on Ryan and Lou
    Getting a star should be the priority, as always...everytime you sign a star you just made a big step in the right direction.

Problem is...i'm not sure we're going to get one, and yes, i do fear this last two games might be a big reason why this isn't going to happen. I still remember cyberx saying that Love didn't have interest in coming to Houston because he wasn't sure about Harden and Howard desire to win, well, that's probably the same thing LMA, Durant, Horford thought so, at this point i kinda expect Hayward and Paul to think the same and go to the Spurs, Boston eventually.

My dream scenario would be the one where we trade Anderson
    love the guy but, aside the fact that i didn't like this signing from the start, in the long run it's just not sustainable (especially at that salary) to have a player who's just going to be a no show in every home game and play 4 on 5 everytime...maybe that's bearable during the regular season, but in the playoffs it's not
    and Lou, sign Hayward and after that Llull finally decides to come here for the MLE to replace Lou.

Too bad i expect nothing of this coming true. We will be lucky if we can somehow get Millsap (maybe via sign & trade) or Griffin (even if i actually prefer Millsap at this point, we need more winners and fighters here, Blake is starting to look like a soft loser, also always injured and he's probably going to be paid more).

Most probable scenario i see happening btw is we trade Lou and eventually one/two kids to sign Gallo and keep Ryan.
    ...but Favors as a 4 here? With MDA? Nah man...MDA would play him at the 5 full time. Also, no chance we get Hood with Favors for that package, maybe if you add Dekker.

13. hakeemthagreat

Will we accept a quitter?

14. threepointshot3

I agree about Lou because he and Eric together make no sense.

15. threepointshot3

I think he can play the 4.but his ideal position is the 5. Anyway we need a low post defender. Ideal scenario is Ibaka but with Ryno's contract not sure we can afford to pay him over 20 million plus dollars a year. You cant have two PF's having 20 plus million a year contract.

#55 threepointshot3, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Vivi likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Choices in particular order

Get another Allstar or two
    More talent on the bench
    Change the system - Another coach.

Change of GM or Trade Superstar, Rebuild?

17. threepointshot3

Quitter or not he is to talented to just give away. The Rockets will ride with him for another couple of yrears

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

F*cking stood out. Thx.

19. threepointshot3

We need a better deeper bench especially at the 5 spot. Poor Nene is to old to play big minutes as a backup. Get a better SF then Ariza who can create his own shot and shore up the bench all together. drastic changes like sacking the coach of the year or getting rid of a top 5 player on a whim is not going to happen

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it is only for a couple of years as you say (2-3) years it aint so long until the next Great Plan.

If nothing drastic changes, the Warriors will probably be there the next 2-3 years.

We have waited for a Finals Appearance for how many years now?