1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll just say it..Is James Harden "throwing games" for reasons we don't know?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, May 12, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

(2:51)

Go ahead, flame at will. I've been watching him his whole career. What intially got my mind going was his bizarre finals performance vs Miami w/ OKC (yes I know awhile back). It's not the turnovers that's a problem. It's the TYPE of turnovers he makes in crucial games. The open shots he passes on. The free lane he gives the opposing players to score. The careless passes he throws to Trevor Ariza down court without even looking. The allowing of Jonathan Simmons to reach around and steal the ball TWICE in overtime. The allowing Simmons to score without sliding over or moving his feet. Remember game 6 against the Clippers? His body language at times, atleast from appearance, indicates he has no interest in winning games. He just appears disinterested to the point you're forced to question his intent in winning. To say it's not noticeable is denial. Fatigue is not a excuse given his clear HISTORY in disappearing from games. Him passing up that WIDE open shot last night (and eventually throwing the ball outta bounds) was the last straw IMO.

2. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

He's doing something for sure. We definitely need to get an investigation going on with this guy...noway in hell he just flat out not wanting to play at every closing games.

Fansince80 likes this.
  3. Cypress

Cypress Member

What your tell me is it's deeper than just choking?

cdrive, hongxingli and Ozzy like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly I DON'T KNOW
    But
    Someone mentioned point shaving . .. then someone else mentioned that it was how his career ended in AState
    Which does bug me . . . .. .

College student . . .did some point shaving .. . goes to the nba .. . . blackmailed behind it to do it again . . . . .It's not the most original story or the most unbelievable. . . ..

I am not saying it is so . . .and honestly i doubt it. .. b ut . .. . . . .stranger things have happened

Rocket River

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Consider this post flames headed your way, OP.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There needs to be an investigation. This happens too often at the weirdest times.

I have said it before: When Harden has a "bad" game it ALWAYS looks like he is sabotaging the Rockets.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

From media conspiracy to Harden conspiracy!

Give Harden some credit. If he was throwing games, he wouldn't be doing it so obviously. I don't think he is that dumb.

8. Ozzy

Ozzy Member

Man hate to say it, but him being from Compton, you never know. Someone might be black mailing, or threatning him or his family. I mean, just think about the Vegas odds before the series began. The house would have lost a lot of money if Rockets would have won. I cant believe i am making conspiracy theories up, but at this point it is actually possible.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I did a quick search "harden point shaving" I had no Idea people were asking the question way back to his Thunder days!

How did his career at ASU end?

Ozzy likes this.
  10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

11. AnHero

AnHero Member

There were multiple games this year where he played horrible and lazy, but the team around him made up for it. Maybe he was supposed to throw some regular season games and people lost a lot of money on him.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

it seems kind of pointless to put in all the work he does to have the season(s) he had, up to and including the first 3.75 quarters of game 5, just so you can tank it**. but damn if he doesn't play like he's throwing the game sometimes. well, point-shavers have to be more subtle i would imagine.

** i suppose you have to get the expectations up for the game-throwing to work

13. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

REST, give Harden rest time. If he don't want to, force him. Lebron, Kyrie, Kawai, LaMarcus, Curry, Klay, Draymond all got rest during the season. Tell me how those teams are doing, tell me rest is not a factor in this postseason. Ofc Harden laid 2 eggs the last 2 games, but if he got rest he would not have played like an egg in the playoffs.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

it ended with him shaving

HR Dept and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Leonard's also from Compton. He's "out" for game 6...hmmmmm

rm365 likes this.
  16. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

i almost hope he did throw the game. i'd respect him a little more

17. joomba

joomba Member

Which is worse? If Harden is throwing games intentionally, then he's a fraud and should be banned from the NBA immediately. If it wasn't intentional, then he just that type of player who regularly folds under pressure. Either way, it's better to move on without him.

#17 joomba, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Wait!? I was joking when I mentioned point shaving. Then I googled "James Harden point shaving" this is an actual working theory. This really thickens the plot.

Houstunna and DreamShook like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morey isn't doing his job unless he has honest interviews with Harden and ask him what's going on. If Harden doesn't give Morey a straight up answer, then if I am him I am looking to trade him. You cannot give the keys to the franchise to someone you can't trust.

cdrive likes this.
  20. 1Deep

1Deep Member

But we lost by 40. Isn't point shaving supposed to be a little less obvious as to not raise any red flags?