1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden concussion theory gets national attention (Washington Post)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 12, 2017.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hahaha... thanks for the laugh.

Obviously IF the concussion theory had any validity, at least it would excuse and explain yesterday's events.

I think we will have to wait for the dust to settle to sort this out. In 32 years of being a Rockets fan, I can honestly say I don't remember a player of Harden's magnitude mailing it in, at least in a Rockets uniform.

For those excusing him based on the notion that it was just a poor night at the office, I just don't buy it. Rewatch the first half again, Harden played like he wanted to be out of there asap.

Alien anal probe, concussion, big Guedo, whatever.... that was strange.

2. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

South Park!!!

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have a bad back, with titanium screws holding part of it together, and have had chronic pain for years. Whenever a topic arises regarding back injuries, and I notice it, I usually have something to say because of my "vast experience." Know what? It doesn't mean a damn thing. Everyone is different in how they respond to injuries, as are the injuries themselves. Was Harden's poor showing impacted by an injury, or injuries? Who the hell knows? What we do know is that Harden didn't look anything like the James Harden we were accustomed to during the season. Not in my opinion. Something isn't "right" with James. Whatever that is, they need to fix it. While the Rockets are at it, they can spend some time on the roster.

4. RedHotRockets01

If you ask me, he was just tired. The pressure got to him, as it should. He's literally responsible for carrying the entire offense all by himself. Dude didn't have anything left. The rest of our guys didn't either. I think their morale was low from losing game 5 the way they did. We overachieved either way and should be happy we were even in this series. SA is a very well coached team with a coach who is willing to swallow his pride and adjust on the fly. WE have a great coach who refuses to admit when his way isn't working. It was in that article about him and his wife the other day. "I told them, we can do it my way or we can do it your way. Your way we wont win, my way we do" or something along those lines. The guy needs to get with it and adjust when needed! AKA GAME FIVE ROTATIONS!

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    Until I get evidence . . . i'm not buying it

Rocket River

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

It says a lot about his performance that people everywhere(not just ClutchFans) are wondering what's wrong with Harden.

A concussion? Was he drunk? Did he quit? That's how bad his performance was. And yes, it is a mystery. Why did he play so poorly?

We have all seen Harden play great basketball, and we have all seen him lay an egg when it counted most. How can the Rockets move forward when they never know if the player they depend the most will show up?

malakas likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed. The physical toll of wrestling in the post is much different than chasing on the parameter
    Plus he shrunk from the moment

Rocket River

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

By yours truly
    [​IMG]

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Wow, lets step back here. Harden was so gawd awful, people are trying to figure out what happened to him. Point-shaving, concussions, strippers.

malakas likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They put Yao out there with a broken foot

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

The media is actively trying to help Harden, and folks are saying not to give him excuses. wtf

Media castrates Harden = "Media sucks, Harden is amazing!"
    Media helps Harden = "Media sucks, Harden sucks!"

Idgi.

TheFreak likes this.
  13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

mills
    green
    kawhi
    simmons

these are the only good players left on the spurs. Pretty soon the other guys are going to be too old and irrelevant. as long as they don't sign someone amazing, their dominance should end finally. as long as they sign someone like a Paul George and no other superstar then it should be over. too bad about the warriors, but I will settle for number two in the west and three overall.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yep. And they made McGrady play on the bum knee and called him a crybaby when he couldn't produce. They're not saints. I'll still be disappointed if that's what happened though.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No ****ING WAY was he concussed, he could not have gone out afterwards as light and sounds would have been big issues.

He was either tired, hungover, or both.

DD

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Concussion or not, it may behoove Harden and the Rockets to come out and say it turns out he had a concussion. Might cause some health concerns over his value, but the alternative explanation for Game 6 -- that he either quit on the team or pulled the most epic choke in NBA history -- is probably even worse.

Deckard and Easy like this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

People who say this know nothing of science. Concussions have a wide ranging impact on people.

I have no idea whether Harden had one or not, but don't pretend to be a doctor because you've worked out at a gym.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Facts have never gotten in the way of a DD post, why should they now? He's never cared about being wrong, just loud and repetitive.

onreego likes this.
  19. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Roger Goodell ladies and gentlemen!!

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

y'all want to hear something weird? My friend doesn't watch any basketball at all. he plays baseball.

he does play NBA 2K. and for some reason he hates James Harden. I dont understand it. he will just regurgitate the crap he always hears, he can't play defense. oh, and in 2k he doesn't play with any of the teams. only his created player.