1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are all the condescending "smart" posters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, May 12, 2017.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Pretty obvious .... Illuminati confirmed!!!

bobloblaw likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

petty fans derive enjoyment from seeing Harden and the Rockets fail so that that they can gloat about being "right" on the internet...last night was a great night for them

rocketman84 and Tha_Dude like this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Reeko, this is your time now.

The dude loves you, always remember that.

Reeko likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think it's more about doubters being straight-up called idiots without basketball knowledge etc and being called out directly with threads. Of course people feel some sort of vindication/satisfaction when they're right in the end and can shut up these posters.

This doesn't mean we're happy with the playoff loss though, of course we would've liked to see the Rockets win. This wouldn't happen if both sides would respect each other, I had great conversations that were strictly on a basketball level and without anyone feeling the need to get personal. I'd never call these guys out or be happy that they were wrong.

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the confirmation bias displayed by people shouting down those who think defense and turnovers matter. Absolutely nothing to do with the objective reality of the lack of success for teams who "play fast" on offense and give up lazy points on defense....

Talk about petty, how petty of a human can you be to discount someone else's opinion that has been proven correct, yet again, tonight?

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Petty? The dude sucked and single handedly cost us the series how is it petty to call him out?! @Yung-T is 100% right though. Refer to his post if you need clarification as to why this thread was made.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

just fyi, i played pick up the night before this and did endless "chef harden" signs after every made basket, turnover, and missed euro step (holy schitte those layups are friggin impossible!). i may have jinxed harden's game, hence i take full responsibility for tonight's loss.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Haven't been able to post much lately.

If this thread is an example of the type of attitude and quality of posts I have been missing, I think I'll go back into posting dormancy.....or at the very least, wait two weeks for all of the emotional goons to take a hike.

bobloblaw likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

GARM has been like this for at least a year honestly, every outstanding performance or non-performance is used to gang up on the other side.

baller4life315 likes this.
  10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Hasn't it been like this since McHale/Lin got here? FTW Rockets FTW made a serious Fire McHale thread before the end of his first year coaching a team with mediocre talent...

His main gripes:

Poor rotations
    Poor in-game adjustments
    Bad play calling

I think we have heard about this same nonsense again recently, no? lol.

11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Oh, there you are, I'm glad this thread caught your attention, it was meant for you!

12. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

OP is mad at Harden. Maybe this isn't the team for you!

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is a reason everyone is mad about losing last night. They wouldn't be mad if they hadn't believed we had a chance in the first place. The only reason any of us believed was in large part due to Harden.

Before the year started most "experts" had the Rockets either squeaking into the playoffs or not making it to the playoffs. Everyone thought if they made it, they would lose in the first round. This was the very first year trying this system and having James as PG. It may never be successful, but it isn't surprising that it wouldn't work out perfectly in year one.

At the beginning of the year, I thought we'd make it to the playoffs but with D'antoni's style, I thought we didn't have a chance. But I ended up believing too.

It's not that Harden doesn't have heart. He does. In game 5 he was doing an excellent job defending big guys in the post, and he's the team's point guard. He stepped up because Nene was out. He showed heart plenty of times this year.

But in the end, he didn't show heart last night. I don't know why or what happened. I'm not going to make excuses for the crappy way he played last night. It wasn't just Harden. The whole team was crap. Gordon didn't make a bucket in the first half. Anderson never made one. The team started with no energy and it got worse Harden is the team's leader and he deserves most of the blame.

But even that doesn't erase this team exceeding expectations. Harden also deserves most of the credit for that too.

Even Kobe didn't try in a playoff game that got the Lakers bounced. He still won championships.

It's more the way we lost than that we lost. I get that and feel it myself. But trying to find the fix to that is easier than getting rid of Harden.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's not even about losing.

It's about QUITTING. No Rockets fan should defend Harden from Quitting last night. That is disrespect to the city of Houston, all its fans and disrespect to basketball

15. joomba

joomba Member

By condescending "smart" posters, you mean those idiots who defended Harden in the regular season even when he shot 2/11 from the three with 9 turnovers, right? Harden just didn't shrink in the playoffs; this type of inconsistency was already there for all to see from way before. How was this not a cause of concern is beyond me.

Mr. Clutch, CapelaOnlyFan and T for 3 like this.
  16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Joomba you may be on to something.....It's about posters who have no problem blasting people but get all defensive when they see harden blasted for sucking....Like this dude pointing out that i'm mad at Harden?? (like I shouldn't be?!?!)

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks, I figured.

Hey man, the Mavs traded for Nerlens Noel. People say he has Ben Wallace potential. You've got Harrison Barnes chucking up 20 baseline jumpers a game. Some pretty exciting stuff happening in Dallas. There's always room on that bangwagon. Feel free to show yourself out.

18. onreego

onreego Member

I don't think you understood my post...

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Mi nikka @joomba :D

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

What i never get here is why it seems like there must necessarily be a "only fan" vs "a doubter" thing going on every ****ing time...like, opinions must be labeled when you disagree with them, is that a thing started from when LOF's came to the site lol?

I mean, if you say that Lou is basically Lin you're considered a LOF and not a rational poster? Like, if you say Anderson is not that good or overpaid and/or that Harden walks around too much and would benefit by losing some weight you're an hater? Meh...

#80 Vivi, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Mr. Clutch likes this.