1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "FIVE Hall of Famers texted me James QUIT!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heads.up, May 11, 2017.

1. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Please quote where I gave excuses for someone. You are the one giving excuses for players at games you never saw.

2. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Hey bottom feeder, I like how you took half of an argument and disregarded the part that did not agree with your perspective. Kobe and Lebron both gave EFFORT in those games but did not play WELL. Follow the conversation...

By implication I have simply drawn that you don't think Harden plays bad defense or that his TO's are a massive problem. Please tell me if I'm wrong about those 2 points and I will apologize immediately. Have a nice day.

3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

nobody wants to give credit where credit is due. Greg Popovich exposed Mike Dantoni. He made him his b**** once again. He does it every time they meet in the playoffs. What do you guys fail to understand about this?

right from the beginning of the game he made harden guard the post, a player that is bigger and stronger than him, and fight them for rebounds. After spending all that time playing defense and fighting for rebounds he had Jonathan Simmons pressure him when he brought the ball up. what adjustments did Dantoni make? Absolutely none.

Harden was not drugged. Greg Popovich had one game plan. No game seven. wear this guy out because he is the Rockets, a one-man team. he attacked him right from the start and never stopped going at him.

#143 Brown Lost It, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    split41, rocketman84, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sign Kyle Lowry and put James back at the 2

5. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I am very upset about Harden's game. This was confusing and pathetic at the same time.

Your argument was about "nobody has ever done this" and I think other superstars have mailed it in before too.

Oh and why don't you go **** yourself by the way.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This isn't nothing new. Harden has done this many times before, this time it was so obvious. For some reason he can not handle the big moments. It's like he nuts up.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't think we can afford him. Even then, I'd rather see us invest in real defenders and bigs, there are much bigger needs than the PG position.

8. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Really, 'I think other superstars have mailed it in before too."???? Give me an example, or will you shrink like a wilting violet (like J Sizzle did, lol) after not being able to do so?

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Grow up man. Damn.

Harden was terrible, MDA was terrible, and the rest wasn't much better. They lost, stop with the made up crap.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sexy dragon Lady p0rn version of GOT

@StephenA

Name those 5 HOFers!

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

How many strip club pics of Lebron have you seen? How many of Stephon Curry? How many strip club pics of Isaiah Thomas have you seen? How many of Kwahi Leonard?

I'm not saying he was there the night before, but to act as though this is implausible is hilariously ignorant.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think you're correct that he gets more frustrated than others and he gets in his own head more than others. That does not mean he doesn't care. In fact, probably the opposite. Harden has always responded to criticism. His best seasons are directly after disappointing ones. But yes, he needs to be mentally tougher and avoid disappointments as much as possible.

My opinion after sleeping on it is that he was absolutely and totally shook after what happened in Game 5, and felt responsible. Lead to him being passive and lacking aggression last night. Wrong mindset from the jump. He looked nervous to me in the 1st quarter more than anything. Unsure of every play he was making.

Now...If you wanna call him mentally weak because of that, maybe that's the case. I do not think he woke up yesterday and said "welp. im bored of this season. Im gonna quit", though I'm sure many will feel that way.

split41 likes this.
  13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Your history suggests that you will post whatever is necessary to push your narrative, regardless of its merit.

Does that mean we shouldn't believe anything you post?

rocketman84 and oakdogg like this.
  14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This is my first GARM login since before tipoff , and I was already thinking this so I will put it here.

I didn't see "the moment we lost harden" thread, but there was a play late in Game 5 regulation where Harden had an open look at a wide open three, he hesitated and passed the ball instead.

From that exact moment, I noticed, to finish the 4th, through overtime and into the very beginning of the game 6, I had a terrible feeling when he was done for the season.

He looks like he lost all trust in him self and his teammates

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. joomba

joomba Member

Harden shrinks during big games. Exceptionally 'unclutch' for a player of his caliber. Harden quits. Harden disappears.

Anything new?

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he didnt quit he just took the game off. its all good brah brah. just tell morey to pass me some of those donuts and cheeseburgers and i'll fogive these dumb ass mofos

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

because...?

18. 1Deep

1Deep Member

If we could transplant Pat Bev's heart into Harden in the offseason we would finally be a real contender.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

When has Dwight ever been known to party?

20. Rocketeer4Life

You scare me so much tough guy behind the screen ;)