1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/9/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2017.

1. E-Man

E-Man Member

Don't matter. If the Rockets push it to Game 7, they'll get killed like in 2005 against the Mavs and 2009 against the Lakers. Game 7 for the Rockets on the road has not been to kind to this team.

goldoil likes this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Well, we were down 3-1 and games 5 & 7 were at home tho.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Danny Green and some ninja from Houston is all it took for Harden to crumble in winning time..

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think he does that cause if you play a young player along with good/great players, even if he makes a bad play, he's not going to cost you that much, obviously he doesn't when the game is on the line which makes sense, but early in the game it's absolutely doable imo.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Come on , Shook... that's how team is.. win together, lose together

7. hakeemthagreat

MDA put us in a position to win. But our star player choked, end of story. If Harden was that tired he shouldve given the ball up ealier. It looks like hes at times he THROWING the game

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Guys we gotta lay off harden, he's sick remember

11. BackdoorHarden

More bad news.

Kawhai said he's fine and he's playing game 6 and not hurt.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

francis 4 prez likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

don't forget Beverley's turnover late hurt as well

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i generally think the "teams that play offense" or "teams that shoot too many 3's" can't win a championship thing is stupid, if there's one thing that i think has consistently been true over time, it's that every single fast team seems to slow down at the end of the 4th quarter. no matter who you are, even last year's warriors, you start going iso and playing slower. and if that's not your advantage, then it probably makes you a little bit worse. it's so hard to play fast in big moments because you feel out of control when you should be most disciplined, but as we saw it really did the opposite. it made us slow and predictable and james, who isn't exactly know for taking care of the ball, ended up having it blow up in his face.

i mean it's not like this roster can play slow all game and win so i'm not saying play it slow, but i do think fast-paced teams suffer a little at the ends of games. the cavs made the warriors slow down last year, and the warriors were loaded and the cavs didn't exactly have great defenders. but they had toughness and made them slow down, even kind of for the whole series (at least the last 3 games). it's just hard to play fast.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We won't win many games playing just 2 players off the bench

15. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Charles Barkley in '95? 7-16 for 18 points with 7 TOs in game 7

I'd rather Harden choke in game 5 than game 7.

There's upside for DaDakota, at least. You've provided enough good quotes on the outside chance the Rockets make it all the way to replace the Von Wafer sig.

Where is the Lebron-like Wafer these days? Hustling games for crack?

16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Harden lacks the clutch gene. Any playoff game that has been remotely close he craps the bed. I love him but this is something that he has got to find and truly make him elite.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Win as a team
    Lose as a team

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Who cares. He didn't play in overtime and didn't make a difference.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

Leonard playing in Game 6 may be a blessing in disguise because he was not that effective tonight. Him being out led to Jonathan Simmons shutting down Harden

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm not even angry. The playoffs always seem to come down to what James Harden does. And, he was jacking 3s like there was no tomorrow and missing most of them. His last shot attempt...he was easily defended from behind. Where did he think the defender was?

It's okay. I'm used to being on the losing end of playoff games. Winning next two seems unlikely but, if they are close, then Rockets can take them. But, not by playing like that at the end of games.

Live by the 3...die by the 3.