1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 5/9/2017 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 8, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not only was that not going to happen, but in San Antonio? No chance.

Dopamine and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Less foul hunting and less pull up covered 3's early in the game. Those things when they go awry, cause fast breaks the other way. Stick with the probing and the drive and kicks.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im literally getting nothing done at work today lol

4. Vivid

Vivid Member

I don't know man. I really dislike these posts. I have yet to come across a fanbase that believes the refs are gaming for them. Why are certain fanbases so comfortable being "victims?" It's almost like you are just waiting to lose. I'm just not down with that. So I say, screw who the refs are, we are taking it to the Spurs either way, so prepare to get happy mis amigos!

Reeko and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

agreed. Officiating Bias is what it is. Good teams take care of business regardless. Harden not getting the calls in games 2 and 3.....well...he was fishing for them...legitimate or not. Had he A) not been sick and B) focused on converting layups instead of drawing fouls he might have had more success in those games and perhaps altering the flow of momentum and outcome.

6. Mr. Motiejunas

Good thing the game is at 7 Htown time.

7. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I'm in the same boat. Been anxious all day.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

End of the day, the refs can't stop us from making our shots. They can slow the game down and give us some BS calls but if we hit our shots that is going to dictate much more.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't like Zarba, but still better than Brothers or the cocky douche we got in game 3 (can't remember his name now)...i guess...

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

so don't watch

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Exactly. We went to the line 10 times as a team in game 4. But we executed our offense sharp and with the intention of scoring, and we ran back more aggressively in transition instead of giving refs dirty looks. We need to keep our eyes on the prize and not let this narrative distract us. Let the executives take care of that stuff.

DonKnock, CapelaOnlyFan and Stack24 like this.
  13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

100%! I have had this discussion with people in the past and they want to blame everything on the refs. The only time they can come into play is a close game if we have to grind it out. You have to know that they are going to get some home cooking from the refs, so you come out there and hit your shots so you can't be effected by a few bad calls to slow the pace and get us out of our groove.

CapelaOnlyFan, Reeko and Mathloom like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

In the two losses Harden was ill and definitely looked it. He looked 100x better in game 5 and he has been a Spurs killer since joining Houston. Expect a huge game from the beard!

DonKnock likes this.
  16. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I hope the beard plays well so I don't have to read every post talking about how he was sick again after being recovered in game 4 or his knee and wrist must be banged up or how the refs didn't give him calls he normally gets

17. fiersdownbelow

Good stuff.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Does Bev defend Kawhi now with Ariza on Aldridge/Gasol?

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

How many 3 pt shots are going up with Bev, Harden, Gordon, Ariza & Anderson on the floor.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Give me one reason why Gordon is not as good as Steph Curry. I think he is better on defense and better on drives. They are both great shooters.

DonKnock likes this.