1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] The After-Loss Ventilate and Ameliorate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 16, 2016.

1. shadowsb23

shadowsb23 Member

Moving on. But let's not panic yet we still have 1 more home game. If we wet the bed again on sunday and go down 3-1 then all hell can break loose. trust that the bench will rise from the dead and trust in the team damn it lol this is what being a sports fan is all about

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here you go @Mathrocker saw you change your thread title to nvm. I think this is the thread you were looking for. I have the feels

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes this is the thread i was looking for. Thanks bro. I was too emotional and couldnt control myself or delete after lol. Appreciate it. This is the thread i need

heypartner likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I now see why @tinman calls everyone here brothers. There is no other place or people that I can vent this heartbreak, knee jerk bullshit without seeming overly emotional

5. beardsanity713

usually when we win we have at least a 3rd player hitting shots whether it be Lou, EG, Rhyno Capella, NeNe
    non of those guys stepped up last night that cannot happen if we gonna out these guys
    Lou gotta be more aggressive with the 2nd unit Bev is okay at running the show when Harden sits
    but Lou is an elite scorer and should be a bit more selfish when other guys dnt have it going..
    & Rhyno geeez when he's not hitting shots he's ghost on the floor.
    I agree with ppl here who say Dekker should get some spot minutes i think he'd really boost the transition game plus he.'s a decent rebounder

Here's to a better game 4
    Go Rox!!!!!

6. jogo

jogo Member

I'm feeling super pessimistic. We looked okay in game 2 until the 4th. This game just felt like we were going to lose from the beginning. No rhythm, no shots falling. We come out flat in a game against the Spurs and I don't feel we can make it back to win. I would usually say it's just one game and we can tie it up with a win next game but I don't know if we CAN win next game. And then if we do we have to hope we can get to a game 7 in SA.

I don't know how far we could go even if we did beat SA. But I hate SA so much that beating them would have made me happy. I live in Austin and all of the sports people on the radio talk about SA being "our team". Ugh, it's disgusting.

MDA has been outcoached. Sure we've missed shots and some of it's on the players. But some of it's on him. After we started flat two games in a row he didn't make an adjustment and here we are.

A win over SA could attract free agents in the summer. That's important! Getting waxed by them might make players think twice about coming here. You'll have trouble with GSW and SA every year? No thanks, I'll just stay with my team for a max or go to an up and comer (or SA/GSW).

Getting over it: As people have said before-this is just a basketball game. There are more important things in my/your life (there better be). This comes some with age, sports are a nice distraction but don't determine how I feel day to day. Still a fan but not going to let this ruin my weekend.

/end rant for now

Easy likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The emergence of Clint Capela this series is a great thing going forward .

James harden , despite having a couple of off games , has been spectacular this postseason . He's having a better playoffs that he has ever had . He's increased his scoring , been efficient when healthy , and limited turnover . In addition his defense isn't killing us .

This team did better than anyone expected going into the season . Now that we are here it's easy to forget what our expectations were going in and why we made those expectations ... Yes expectations can change , but we played better not because our talent got better , but because of better fit and chemistry.

Looking forward , it will be difficult to get another star that most think is neccesary to compete at the highest level . Our second best player changes night to night , and while it's fun and can create the appearance of a deep, talented squad ... It's also true that it means that no one is consistently stepping up to be #2

The good news is we have some solid young talent that can really grow . Dekker and Harrell were rotation players and I think Dekker should be playing right now ... But that's another discussion . If those guys can grow , they have starter potential . The physical tools are there, they just need consistency in their skills .

Clint looks like a stud . He could and perhaps should be our #2 next year . He has been so good defensively in the playoffs , if he can retain his quickness , add MAYBE 10 lbs , and add a tiny little 12 footer .... He will be a hell of a player .

The outlook of our team changes drastically if you project growth from Dekker and Harrell and have them competing for a starting spot ... Which I do .

Both of those guys are so much more versatile than Ariza and Ryan that if they can just get their shooting to a similar level , the options we have are incredibly more varied.

Also , bev Gordon and Lou are a monster trio and if 2/3 of them play better going forward we can still win this series . Same goes for Ryan I guess , but I'm fairly low on him

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is a nice perspective to have about the season- after we are eliminated. I want to delay that as long as possible. Screw "we exceeded expectations." I want the Rockets to beat the hell out of the Spurs and I think we can.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. shadowsb23

shadowsb23 Member

Be honest you can see that the refs literally did their FUKIN best to give this to the spurs. We will play a fair one at home and win convincingly, then game 7 will be a free for all officiating just like the league would want