1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshone Kizer = Brock Osweiler

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

To me, that is the best comparison for the kid. Just say no, please.

He's got size, a good arm, some mobility, and gives a great interview, but questionable accuracy and mechanics are there. Even in interviews, they both talk a good game.

I do think Deshone has more talent than Brock, but please, just say no. I see too much of the same in him.

Of course, this thread will probably lead to us drafting him...

ThaShark316_28 likes this.
  2. ThaShark316_28

I'm just proud that someone didn't get lazy with their comparison. Props to you, sir. 'Like' coming your way.

3. conquistador#11

"I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him.Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Kizer"

whozee likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

his low completion % in college is a huge red flag as that stat is a good indicator of future performance

but I've seen him ranked as the top QB by some evaluators

whag00 likes this.
  5. ballgame

ballgame Member

If we can't get Mahomes, Watson or Trubitski.....go for Peterman or Evans in round 3 or 4. I think SF is going after Peterman. I'll settle for Evans in round 3

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know. I think Mitchell has more Brock similarities. Especially when you consider the lack of starts Brock had before signing here. Have you heard Kizer talk? Dude thinks he is the best QB ever. Kizer is also more athletic than Brock. I will take Kizer if he is there in the 2nd round because he will probably be extra motivated to make teams pay for passing on him.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Don't be shocked if Peterman surprises people by going in round 1 or the top of round 2.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see Kizer being worse due to his delusions of grandeur.

9. Fantasma Negro

Why do I get the feeling we're gonna end up with this guy? I think its o line in the first, Kizer in the second. The Tom Brady brain comment stinks of collusion. And I wouldn't be mad because he's not playing this year anyway

#9 Fantasma Negro, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  10. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

his low completion percentage is due to this game right here( if kizer has a 60% completion this game in regular conditions.. his season completion percentage ends up at 63.7%)

---------------------

Lance Zierlen compares him to Steve Mcnair, WalterFootball compares him to Culpepper. Me personally I see Jameis Winston, put kizer on those fsu teams that winston had and they might not win 26 in a row, but they will make the college football playoff

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...shone-kizer-scouting-polarizing-notre-dame-qb

Also check out Emory Hunt, he scouts all qbs not just one year flash in the pan wonders, and gives fir grades

11. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Kizer like Winston dont need great o-lines to produce, because they have great pocket presence amd threaten the defense at every level with their arm talent. Everything is great just up until their accuracy which can fixed( footwork drills which has helped Jameis). But a 60-62%% passer isnt bad in the modern nfl, Andrew Lucks first few years were at 54 and 58% respectively.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I have grown TO HATE DESHONE KIZER.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Everything is great about Kizer except that he's terrible at throwing the ball and having it go where he wants it to go"

14. Fantasma Negro

So you think if they like him they'd take him in the first? The Mahomes love at this point is obviously a smokescreen

CallMeTheDream and Mr. Clutch like this.
  15. CallMeTheDream

Have to disagree completely. I'd take him if we could trade back for extra picks and snag him in the second. Kizer looks nothing like Brock on field and his mechanics are fine. You wanna talk about bad mechanics? Whoever picks Mahomes will have to strip his game down to the wire and develop him from scratch because I've never seen anyone throw a ball without even moving his feet. Half the **** he does in game with that gimmick offense won't fly in the NFL. Defenses will eat him for breakfast. Mahomes = Manziel 2.0

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

But he's got Brady's brain and Cam's body!

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I wouldn't take any qb in 1st rd who only won 4 games their final year in college. Kid has talent but rd 1 no thanks.

18. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Definitely do not want any part of this guy.

19. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

O'Brien is close with Brian Kelly and the Texans have scouted ND thoroughly the past two years. They know everything they need to know about Kizer so if they take him high then they obviously think he has the chance to be really good. And people will be fired if he turns out to be a bum.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm not crazy about Kizer but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Brock.