1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook bias is out of control!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 20, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Westbrook is wack.

Dude sucks

I don't even like hearing about him.

He should never be mentioned in the same sentence as harden, Lebron, Durant, curry and Leonard unless it's saying he's clearly not on their level.

All those guys play on contenders all
    Those guys win 50+ games all those guys will be playing ball in 2 weeks not sitting at home.

s3ts, Hakeemtheking, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr Chuck Norris

I felt it too

3. ribbit

ribbit Member

At least it'll be a little bit tolerable for me.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Harden will get his due respect if he makes the finals one of these years. Is this year the year? :)

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

We won because Westbrook played like sh!te in the 4th.

MVP? Nah.

#125 topfive, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

They have to bring up that it's a regular season award because Harden has shown in these playoffs why he should've been the MVP instead of Westbrook, now the media is scrambling to justify their mistake.

7. LG1200

LG1200 Member

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If you put Westbrook on our squad lou would score 0 points, Gordon only on spot ups, bev would still grind it out but Westbrook would light his ass up if he grabbed a rebound

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Garner

Garner Member

It's coming back around

RCPM, Pen15clubber and topfive like this.
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

This b**** stupid.

Playoffs should have no bearing on MVP http://es.pn/2oPgT4d via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

11. fattz

fattz Member

Westbrook is MVP on paper --> stats / box scores / highlights
    Harden is MVP on the court --> eye test / real world

Which is the way you follow the game?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is a reason Durant left money on the table to leave his selfish butt behind.

DD

FanSince93, dachuda86 and javal_lon like this.
  13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

She even said in a sarcastic manner, that Rockets made a run when Harden was on the bench, which anyone who watched game know is untrue. I am fine when media people has biased opinion, but you need to respect the facts.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The MVP is about whom the media is most enamored with. If it was about winning then Leonard should have won. MVP isn't about who deserves it, it's a media award. The media is about stories, and Westbrook has the better story. He doesn't have the 3 point shooters or dunkers. Harden has the better team. These are the facts. How would Westbrook do if you traded Harden for him? No one knows. But I bet he would win more than 46 games but I am not sure Harden would win 55 with OKC.

Point is that Westbrook is legit, let's not be whiny butthurt Houston fans. There's a legit case for him to be MVP. There's a legit case for Harden to be MVP. And there in lies the flaw with the whole notion of MVP. What does it even mean? It's subjective.

The whole notion of an individual award in basketball is antithesis to basketball. But to take away what the man has done as an individual is petty at best. I personally congratulate Westbrook for being the MVP and having a remarkable season. He's amazing. He's just as good as Harden and there is a chance he is better for the next year or two before his athleticism declines. Harden will be at a high level for a very long time because of his old man game.

But in fairness, Westbrook is surrounded by too many scrubs. Oladipo hasn't proven anything yet - he's way too inconsistent. Adams as potential but he's game hasn't evolved from last year and that's a knock on him, not westbrook. Canter is doing what Canter does. Is Westbrook a ball hog? Maybe. He's still amazing and I am not going to beat the man up on one horrible quarter so far.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You had me early.. then I continued reading and I realized I can't support this post.

unlike.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Westbrook isn't the MVP based on stats, only on filling up the box score. Harden is way more efficient statistically and wins on advanced stats which are more accurate than just "OMG triple doubles"

So more like Westbrook is MVP on media bias, flashy highlights and omgwow box scores
    Harden is the MVP for anyone who takes the game seriously whether that be eye test/coaching/advanced statistics/whatever

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If I'm a Rockets player I'm super locked in right now and ready to send the Thunder home ASAP.

Westbrook is dominating the headlines while his team is about to get sent home.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Typical Houston hate bias... reminds me of the time we beat LA and Phil Jackson was disgusted by the LAKERS lost the game narrative rather than the Rockets won the game. They same thing happens... just different teams.
    https://www.si.com/nba/game/1743875

you can see it here with all the talk about Westbrook and then this:

The Rockets are getting plenty from James Harden, who is averaging 31 points, 8.5 assists and 5.5 rebounds but is doing it much more efficiently than Westbrook, shooting 20 of 45 from the floor.

Unlike Westbrook, Harden is getting help.

This ignores the fact that Harden is getting the ball to them and creating open shots and trusting them. Westbrook refuses to trust his team and this is why OKC will lose. But what do I know?

here is a classic...

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

I'm no math genius or anything, but (37+35)/2=36. So Harden is actually averaging 36ppg....OHHHHH SHHH, THE BIAS IS REAL ;)

20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

YaoMing#1 likes this.