1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's official: Rockets to play Thunder in round 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Who will win the Rockets Vs Thunder series

Poll closed Apr 16, 2017.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.2%
  2. Rockets in 5

37.4%
  3. Rockets in 6

40.0%
  4. Rockets in 7

5.8%
  5. Thunder in 4

1.7%
  6. Thunder in 5

0.3%
  7. Thunder in 6

2.0%
  8. Thunder in 7

0.6%
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This game will be the Saturday night game, no doubt about that.

Prime time my friends!!!!

It's the most compelling 1st round matchup.

You have the two leading MVP candidates, the guys that will end up 1 and 2 in voting playing in the first round.

With that said, I wouldn't worry to much about this series. It should end quick. Okc is just not that good and the things they like to do, we do way better.

The Rockets biggest problem in this series is going to be mainting focus when they get out to big leads.

The thunder like to let Russ grab rebounds and go full speed, it's key to there offense. On the flip side he's not a great finisher around the rim. Playing at that speed will allow the Rockets to get so many easy layups/dunks/threes in a matter of 3-5 seconds and as we know when the rockets score and get a set defense there top 6 in the league.

Adams and kanter will have moments no doubt but okc and Russ don't untilize them enough and it's not going to start now. And tbh even i they did I don't think it would matter.

We haven't played great because..... we've been missing our 2nd most important offensive player in Anderson.

Watch that first quarter the other night and you will see that having Anderson on the court not only gives us our best 3pt shooter on the court it also opens up everyone else and keeps the ball hopping.

We were shooting 45% on threes with 5 makes at the end of 1 and had we kept a normal rotations would have been up by atleast 12. We let them back in to close it to 6 but my point is we were up by 15 points I think, in the 1st quarter.

That's going to happen a lot to okc, no doubt they will claw there way back and that's going to be the Rockets biggest problem they need to shore up.

Keeping big leads.

So having said that if our biggest problem is playing smart and keeping double digit leads. The frankly that's the best problem to have and I think any coach would agree.

Rockets in 5 and if we get the 1st two games in dominate fashion I wouldn't be surprised if we sweep these guys.

Go look at the thunder in there last 8 games they have trailed by double digits at some point in 6 of there last 8 games. There is a trend with them, and it's bad news when facing and explosive team like the rockets.

Cash Cam and Rodman23 like this.
  2. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

A friend of mine used to build custom speakers back in the late 70's I helped him sell them &. this was one of my demo songs. Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs & Gino Vanelli's Beautiful People were others. Goes well with Purple Microdot.;)

Deckard likes this.
  3. MONON

MONON Member

That's why I voted "Rox in 7". I just couldn't vote 5.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I voted Thunder in 6.

I have been pleasantly surprised this season, which also why haven't gnashed my teeth over certain losses. While the Rockets certainly can beat the Thunder (or any team) while the threes are falling, I feel the team as currently comprised and run doesn't have an answer when the threes don't fall. And the Thunder have the bigs that our bigs can't guard (and out rebound, even if boxing out for Statpadbrook), so they don't even have to get into a 3 point shoot out to come out on top.

I want to be wrong, but I think OKC will get one in Houston and be able to close out at home in 6.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Westbrook does not have any reason to stad stuff at any cost in the playoffs unless he wants to average a triple double in 4 or 5 games.

He would want to play beyond that.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If the rockets **** the bed here...they need to completely rethink their offensive strategy and if its meant for the post season.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm having the same feeling I did in the Blazers series...not good.

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Think the Rockets will have the ABC slot on Sunday. Book it.

9. lidderer

lidderer Member

it's Saturday on ticket sites with time 'TBA'.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

thunder in 4

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

My tickets say TBA.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is likely the Sat / Sun early ABC games end up being the GSW and CLE games. Wouldn't be surprised if TNT takes Rockets/Thunder for Sunday night prime time.

cbs1507 likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Rockets in 4.

And if they're not on a mission from God to make it happen, they've got no chance to hang with anyone else. Holy wars yo. Put a jihad on em.

jeffvangundy likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's official: Rockets to play Spurs in round 2

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

this series should be fun

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Now that Westbrook completed his season long mission by winning the MVP (that's all he cares about) he won't be as motivated anymore. Harden on the other hand needs to use this as fuel to go HAM.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I officially fear Westbrook in the clutch. He gets touched by an angel once that 4th quarter starts. His shot goes from below average to elite. He continues to get to the rim at will. He has been insane in the clutch all season long. This is just ridiculous...

19. RCPM

RCPM Member

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All I'm worried about is the rebounding. Rockets haven't played the real Thunder team. OKC were chasing stats all season so they play team ball. I wonder if they will be a harder team when they aren't chasing stats.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.