1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Syrian gas attack...again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 4, 2017.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Ron Paul is damn near a hundred and still searching for a clue.

2. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

A few powerful parties are engineering a war and it's for their benefit and their benefit alone. It's laughable that random people on the internet think they know the exact and true intent behind what is going down.

3. Cranberry_Juice

Yet he makes more sense than most of the people on this board.

Scarface281 and Rox11 like this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Im not saying that you're wrong, but... Aren't you a random person on the Internet? And the first sentence of your post reads as a statement of fact, so it appears as though you too believe that you know the exact and true intent behind what is going down. So don't laugh too hard.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Jesus said "Judge not, lest ye be judged," but he didn't have cruise missiles and MSM.
    Jesus never killed anyone, but Moses did. So we can kill people too. YES!

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I don't know how many times President Asad has used chemical weapons, too often to remember, however now it's a big deal all of a sudden? Crazy how all the powers in the world, US, Russia, Israel, and Arab nations are playing war in this one country. The atrocities that have occurred in his long war are embarrassing for the human race, especially since everyone is claiming to be civilized. Chemical weapons or not the savagery occurring is sickening. Now the US has the White House embroiled in sex with Russia, due to this they have decided to show it's distance by showing outrage. Nothing new to see really, same old same old......What needs to happen is for everyone to realize that all the violence needs to end, from all sides. End outrage.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, and this is what I love, even when a partisan hack like yourself admits that Obama made a mistake, you can't do it without blaming it on someone else. For the record, I was supporting action in Syria then for the same reason I support it now, you just can't let people get away with the use of chemical weapons.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Rex 'No Look' Tillerson - "Assad's fate to be decided by Syrian people"

Assad - "Bomb them with sarin"

Trump - "Babies are melting hit Assad with Tomahawks"

Tillerson - "No role for Assad - future uncertain"

Trumpets - "4 dimensional chess"

Nook likes this.
  9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

This old geeZer should've been our president already

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there is a right or wrong move on Syria in terms of how you handle this situation. I do think Obama should have attacked but he wouldn't do so without Congressional approval because he is a constitutionalist. Trump doesn't care and just attacked.

I'd be careful about judging the repercussions to quickly. Trump's volatility and irrationalness may actually work for him in a strange way. But this was clearly not the way to do it - it would have been better to build a coalition first.

11. gambingo

gambingo Member

This whole thing seems really suspicious. I don't think Assad did this; he doesn't gain anything by gassing innocent civilians and not ISIS. They were kicking ISIS asses with Russian's help, so it just doesn't make sense for him to do this.

The airbase that was targeted is a major one that they use to support their ground troops, so that raises a lot of suspicion for me as well.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would say almost everyone here including me suffers to some extent from the Dunning-Krugger effect.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I am concerned with the lack of secularism in the region and fear some 12th century Isamic backwards coalition is going to emerge in Syria and continue dragging the region into the depths of Mohammad inspired hell.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Russian ambassador looks pissed at Haley

Exiled likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll put my trust in the Administration for this one. I did think that Trump would do nothing at all. Then he started talking big and I worried he'd do too much. I'm hopeful he has hit upon an appropriate in-between. What I think is yet to be seen is whether the missile strike was just a one-and-done retaliation to let Assad know he can expect some cruise missiles every time an atrocity hits the newspapers, or if this is just the opening sally in a more direct war effort. If it's the latter, Congressional approval should be sought. If it's the former, I think it's the wrong signal to send to America to ask Congress. Asking Congress sounds like you're all in.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think its giving Trump too much credit to think that he's putting a grand scheme together. Just like the Wiretap Tweet, it will be a reverse engineered policy & strategy as a reaction to a compulsive decision.

Good for us though that McMaster & Mattis came with some pretty calculated and responsive options for Trump to decide on last night that wouldn't lead to a massive international blunder but lets not forget that his decision to act and pull a complete 180 on Syria was compulsive at best.

If there is a grand scheme, my opinion would be its tied to the pipeline coming from Qatar, and this being another middle east war move about one thing only.... Oil. That being said, I think we are giving his intelligence too much credit if we think he's got some master plot in mind. He's one of the most compulsive personalities we've ever seen IN THE WORLD in pop culture etc. much less in a high ranking world leader position.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russian Warship heading for our Destroyers? Crossing my fingers that nothing happens. Pretty crazy situation for our Sailors to be in.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trump will gain tremendous political capital from this event. Wag the dog or not, it is not a wild guess that the vast majority of the American people supports the attack against Syria. Lastly, dems should back away from this talk of "illegal" use of presidential powers (see Kane) That is a loser's talk in the face of atrocities against children.

TheresTheDagger and Exiled like this.
  20. YuleC

YuleC Member

[​IMG]

Exiled likes this.