1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump attempts abuse of power to force Twitter to unmask critic

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is where we see the emperor act above the law to silence his critics - a chilling development. Hopefully the courts slap his unconstitutional butt back down to earth.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitter-lawsuit-idUSKBN1782PH

What was the account guilty of? Check it out:

Can you imagine what Trump will do this person if they find them? Fire them? I doubt it stops there.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is cowardly, bullying and unconstitutional behavior.

But Trump being unable to deal with criticism is nothing new.

As someone else said in the other thread, he really is Snowflake-in-Chief

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We have no idea if this was "Trump" or just DHS. Twitter had similar problems with the Obama administration a couple of times, so this might just be an over-zealous person at DHS, which is completely within the realm of possible.

I just hate when any administrative action becomes the President's intent and fault (happened a lot with Obama, which was ridiculous).

#3 B-Bob, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone knows this is Lester Holt. Move along.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's the orange snowcone Americans are forced to eat.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Republicans want the government to be involved in every aspect of our lives.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

No, I am sure Trump is all for SMALL government like he promised, he has kept everyone of his promises.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Unmasking... ahahah. You can't beat the irony with Trump ever.

9. YuleC

YuleC Member

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Hey, he is standing up to Russia, give the man some credit!

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are joking right?

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Awful Thread title. Did you read the entire article? There is nothing linking the White House to this. Would I be surprised if there was? Of course not but there isn't.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yes, I did and I don't think it's a stretch to say this is the Trump Administration directing this given the facts and that he runs the DHS and the Justice Department pretty tightly.

In fact, I am not the only one making this connection:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/twitter-lawsuit-trump/522231/

"The Trump Administration Withdraws Its Complaint About a Twitter Critic"

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Good ol Sweet Lou turning legit stories into fake news

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Run back to your safe space little snowflake.

16. B-Bob

No. I admit I could be missing something, but the article I read doesn't show any direct connection to the White House. It's a sexy and even plausible idea that Trump would want to know the identity of a critic on Twitter, but that doesn't mean he ordered this or that his immediate staff even ordered it, by any stretch.

Twitter can defend itself just fine, and I think we have bigger fish to fry, but that's just me.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Great way to put it. OP making assumptions and passing them off as fact with declarative sentences with the hope that it will be proven true at somepoint. Same **** trump does and that alt right viral articles. Take true stories and market them with wild assumptions.

If you fight fire with fire then you'll burn everything down.

18. B-Bob

Seriously, Lou, we aren't trying to clown or troll you, but it is totally possible that DHS and CIS, on their own, had a problem with a fake version of them and crossed a privacy line trying to figure out who it was. The Atlantic article, which I just read, still says nothing about the White House, but just DHS and CIS. Could even have been older career gubment employees making the request. But of course, we can say "Trump Administration" and pretend we know he initiated this, but as Brando2101 said, can we not stoop to that Brietbart style?

EDIT: (as to your next post) Yes, I read the Atlantic article. It does not implicate the white house but it definitely shows a picture of Trump. But whatever. Just don't complain the next 1,000 times that a conservative hack "connects the dots" and passes insinuation as fact.

EDIT2: Not "up in arms," at all. Just posting on a BBS a little between tasks on a work Saturday. But I get the point that there is no point and will stick to the dunks thread in the GARM!

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I posted a link to the Atlantic which made the same connection as I. I don't see you up in arms about them Bob. Let's get a bit real here.

The right doesn't even bother to make legitimate connections - they just make stuff up. Here at least it's highly plausible Trump is directing this, and the Atlantic agrees. So I am not so sure why you are getting up in arms here. 95% chance that the Trump admin is behind this.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Brietbart goes far beyond connecting the actions of a gov't entity (that is closely tied to prez) with the admin. Thinking these departments are not in line with the President is more the exception than the rule, particularly in this kind of matter.

Sure - there isn't definitive proof, but are you really think Trump is not behind this in some form or fashion?