1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SIT JAMES tonight!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Htowngenius

Htowngenius Member

we likely aren't winning this game. This could be a killer for James and the trophy. Sit him tonight and pray Spurs take out the thunder.

Also James needs to rest that injured hand. He really shouldn't have said that thing about 82 games, especially since Westbrook is more likely to play all then James.

Sit out James, you could lose the trophy...sit your fat ass down tonight.

rocketman84 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol @FTW Rockets FTW

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  4. 9baller

9baller Member

At first I liked Harden's comments about not resting, but now I think that he's refusing to rest when his body needs it. If he keeps this up, he might not be 100% for our playoff run, and I'd hate to look back and wonder, "what if..."

rocketman84 likes this.
  5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I was about to start this exact same thread and then saw it. I think harden, EG, Anderson should rest the remainder of the season. Lou will replace harden, Kyle will replace Anderson, and some other dude will replace EG

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

not gonna happen boys.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. omgTHEpotential

I've got an NBA newsletter from NBA.com today called "Is Westbrook a lock for MVP?"...

Yeah, at this point there's no reason for James to bother trying to win the MVP.

8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The game against the Thunder should have sealed the MVP. I believe it exposed Westbrook's hollow stat padding. If it didn't, tonight won't matter.

juanm34 and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Right...No way they'll keep Harden out this game...Blazers were just a distraction

T for 3 likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Now we're calling this "the trophy"?

There is only one "the trophy" and nothing that happens tonight will affect it!

11. Purp8585

Purp8585 Member

Nope play him. If harden wants to win the mvp that bad then by all means go for it. This team isnt built to make it out of the west this year and im ok with that

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  12. rocketsmetalspd

Call up the D League players and roll with it. James needs to rest. Williams and Gordon need to step up.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Regardless of a win or loss, I respect James for playing through the pain and adversity. On the physical side of things, you could make the argument that sitting out could cause James' wrist to stiffen up. I like the idea of him healing while he plays and keeping that wrist relatively loose.

There's nothing worse for a shooter than an immobile wrist on the shooting hand.

We desperately need FlyRy back.

MDA should consider giving Montrezl some burn tonight, especially for some rebounding and fresh legs against Asshat Green.

I like our chances in this one...we need a feel-good win.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Who cares about being MVP. Rockets have legit chance at the title. Lets not waste this opportunity because a franchise only has a limited window of being a contender. History will remember championships better than a regular season award.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Only if Wiltjer takes his minutes...

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If Houston beat warriors today, then mvp should be harden

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

it's a L/L for us and Harden

If Harden sits, he discredits himself with the recent resting comments and loses MVP (media will jump on this for sure)
    If Harden plays, he re-aggravates his injury which probably will lead to a loss(which kills his MVP campaign) and early exit for the playoffs.

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

James Harden is true to himself and his word. He is real. You have to take the good with the bad. This stubborn and prideful mentality thats causing him to refuse to sit is part of what makes Harden who he is.

Kobe has played through torn ligaments in his wrist in the regular season.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think the media would understand if he chose to sit. There's a difference between sitting because you're tired and want some rest and sitting because you have a legitimate injury, especially when that injury is clearly bothering and affecting him.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

right, but why does what you think matter?