1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are there no videos of Russell Westbrook's stat padding?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ShutURBiG!, Mar 19, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everyone blows leads, that's because players are only human and don't have unlimited energy, focus and concentration. If you're a team who never blows leads you'd end up with a differential of 50+ every game you win.

For all the leads the Rockets blow they still have the 3rd best record in the league. You don't get that many wins if you blow leads every game.

Patience likes this.
  2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Westbrook's stat padding is a lot like Harden's bad defense from a few years back, but it isn't getting noticed like Harden's defense did.

Harden's terrible defense was partially from him being lazy, but imo mostly just having to do way too much on offense, so he needed his breaks on defense. (Love for Curry along with the better Warriors record played a factor for no Harden MVP, but the lack of defense videos made about Harden really sold Curry's case even though he played terrible defense too).

Westbrook's stat padding is essentially the same thing. The big men I believe are getting out of the way so Westbrook can start the break faster more so than they are hoping he gets better stats. Right now they MAY be giving him a few rebounds here and there because they know how historic what he is doing is, but at the beginning of the season I highly doubt it, and they've been doing this all year.

I just find it interesting how little the stat padding is being shown, but how much Harden's lack of defense is shown considering all this.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What big lead did we exactly blow?? The Thunder closing it to 8 pts with under a minute left, after Westbrook literally crossed half court and chucked shots, shouldn't be considered "blowing a lead." That game was NEVER close after the first quarter, the Rockets didn't blow a lead, and while the defense went lax in the 4th, it never felt like the game was out of control.

Patience likes this.
  4. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Please tell me there's a YouTube version of this or a way to post to another site? I'm locked into a debate lol.

5. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

https://streamable(dot)com/8tfap

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

7. ShutURBiG!

Bet this won't be as viral as the Harden defense montage

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. touring_low

touring_low Member

I saw this same post above on a page on Instagram, I read the comments and laughed when I saw Westbrook fanboys calling ppl haters and bring up the record when he gets a triple double. Or just simply bringing up other excuses to cover his stat padding.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

at the end of the day, people will remember how great westbrook was and won't even know about the stat padding. just like we didn't know everyone was force feeding wilt the ball so he can get his century.

it's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is. things will never be the same. aw yeah..

DudeWah likes this.
  10. sheb

sheb Member

There's a video making it's round on Facebook 1 Million views

11. split41

split41 Member

The hilarious thing about the triple double record argument is that they use the same scheme every game. Yeah it makes sense that if the other team misses shots (more rebs) and your team makes shots (more assists) your team is more likely to win. Russ is trying for a triple double every night, so just use their team record to see how effective this strategy is. Answer: alright, but not very good.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Zach Lowe (with Brian Windhorst on the Lowe Post, starts around 1:08:00)

If you don't think Russell Westbrook is stat padding his rebounds, you're just blindfully ignorant or not watching."

"He is stat padding his rebounds. So if you really care enough about 2 defensive rebounds to make that the deciding factor in who you vote for, more power to you. If you vote for Westbrook, you should not do it because of the triple double. Period."

"By the way, there are lots of great reasons to vote for Russell Westbrook. I might vote for Russell Westbrook. I'm not going to tell you which way I'm leaning, but I might. It doesn't have to matter to you that he is averaging a triple double. That's not why you should vote for him."

"You should vote for him because he is carrying a bad roster to 45 wins. The team is a disaster without him. They were designed to be a team of role player finishers around 2 superstars. They lost one of their superstars and haven't fallen into the tank. Those are reasons to vote for him. The fact he averages 10 rebounds instead of 8 and a half is not really a reason to vote for him."

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19085388

Rox11, Jontro, mario_v and 1 other person like this.
  13. ShutURBiG!