1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the rockets just Shut Down James Harden for the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Yes or No

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    33.1%
  2. No

93 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

That's more realistic. Shutting him down entirely before the playoffs would be a huge mistake for obvious reasons. I wouldn't mind them shutting Anderson and even Gordon down for a few games, though. Those dudes are made of glass and would likely benefit from extra rest.

Gotta win 16 more games in addition to playing what is left on the remaining schedule.

2. Tha_Dude

Ok, but what muse cage are you talking about? Does Westbrook listen to Muse or what am I missing here?

3. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Momentum going into the playoffs plays a huge role on success. If James wants to play I'd let him play. Rest is overrated for someone in such good shape.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

See the Kobe sock puppet thread and videos during pregame.

5. Tha_Dude

I passed on the Kobe sock puppet thread because it had a very creepy vibe to it.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll get fat when when I get fat. After the NBA.

FTW Rockets FTW and hakeem94 like this.
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He must beat 2 times warriors to show himself, he is mvp. After the coming 3 matches and houston confirms to get 3rd seeds, he can take rest until playoff

#47 elmotsangtt, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would **** him down for the next 3 games, then ease him back in, and finally play him full minutes in the last 2 games. Definitely wouldn't just sit him till the playoffs. Would also use these next 2-3 games to test out Wiltjer and Onuaku to see if they can be relied upon as bandaids if someone gets injured.

All theoretical though, neither Harden or MDA are going to do that and maybe Keith Jones doesn't have a strong view/voice about it.

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Let's wait till we locked up that third seed.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes. In the 2nd title year, Dream and Maxwell simultaneously had anemia and missed quite a few games late in the regular season. I personally never bought that either of them were really sick and needed to sit out. And I also recall a little bit of bitterness coming from the Jazz(not sure if it was from the organization or fans) after the Rockets knocked off Utah in the first round because Stockton and Malone played the entire season whereas Dream was well-rested going into the playoffs.

BTW, this was the main reason why I never understood the controversy with some over Robinson winning MVP over Dream. He played the entire year and led his team to a 62-20 record. Dream missed several games and his team finished 47-35.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Tha_Dude

Still waiting for @Pen15clubber opinion of this post. Or, maybe it was simply a typo on your part.

Jayzers_100 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

cut back his minutes but def not shut him down, he aint no bit**

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. kreem

kreem Member

Don't rest him for the rest of the season but just cut his time against the weak teams. we are locked in the 3rd, probably playing OKC or Memphis.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We will never know. This was a lesson on the dangers of censorship.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wouldn't take him out of any game after what Bev said.

Here's an additional benefit:

Going for it and actually trying to win the MVP will have on court benefits. The MVP yields good mojo, preferable calls, and a heightened moral for the whole club. If you try hard for it and don't get it, motivation sets in, but if you don't go for it you won't be motivated by not getting it. Your excuse is that you didn't try hard enough. James isn't the sitting type. Go big or it will force you to go home. Sitting won't ensure anything, especially not for a man this young.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He had already won an MVP, James hasn't. Cement elite status by going for it. It will be worth it in the long run.

(I love how we act like we're part of this decision haha)

17. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

HELL NO. Don't mess with our chemistry. Also, James would never allow this, he wants to play.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Let the man rest! If he refuses to sit out a whole game then make him play 10 mins a game... Lou Williams, and the other boys need to be able to step up. Beverly, Ariza, Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and old man nene should take a breather too. It's all about how far this team can go in the playoffs.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is a must... just send Beverly out there to do some leg swiping. Durant and curry gimpin their way to the playoffs.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Also by shutting him down RW will get the all time TOV record.