1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lazy Statement: "I'll rest when I'm done"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Mar 21, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

AND THERE IT IS, FOLKS!

@heypartner is the closest thing we have to Basketball Switzerland on CF and he recognizes the bias!

shut it down, let's go home.

BigShasta, DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

@heypartner is a tremendous poster, but I did not need his confirmation to know of a bias. These dudes turned the phrase "I want to play as many games as possible because I like playing basketball" into a negative.

My crystal ball says they probably don't do that if Lebron/Curry/Westbrook come out and say that.

3. HookemHorns1250

It's things like this that make me appreciate Harden even more. There are so... many times he could have just blasted someone, but he always just ignores it, and plays.

Ive grown to just mute Michelle, it's either Spurs talk, or Harden bashing.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

5. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

There's a lot of irony in calling Harden's comments lazy when he is commenting on not taking games off.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Easier said than done"? WTF does that even mean in this regard?

That's something you say when someone is all talk and no action. James Harden has played in 419 out of 433 games since he got to Houston. That's 96.76% of all possible games that Harden showed up for.

Maybe there's a point to be made that he should get some extra rest before the playoffs start, but saying "easier said than done" about Harden claiming he doesn't like taking time off is a stupid, stupid argument.

7. HookemHorns1250

Only sports nation, a show that ironically knows nothing about sports, can turn "I don't want to rest, I want to play every game, I get paid to do it, my team needs me out there, I love the game" into -

"What a lazy comment!"

Like... I am really getting a headache trying to understand how one can possibly come to that conclusion from that quote. You have to try to fail so hard to turn that into a negative, in which they did.

Mac#5, RedNation, DreamShook and 2 others like this.
  8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

LOL @ Marcellus for brining up "All u do is get eliminated in da first round!!!111!!1"

Its like he forgot what team Harden went through when we go to the WCF in the 2nd round.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I tried to tell y'all about ESPN:rolleyes:

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not to mention that time he got to the finals. That's not a bad track record for someone his age.

macho GRANDE and DonKnock like this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

They also mentioned Olympics like Harden hadn't won a gold medal and participated with Team USA in the offseason even when he was still on the Thunder:rolleyes:

macho GRANDE, RedNation and topfive like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd like to see the stats on competition games played over the last 5 seasons, counting regular season, playoffs, Olympics and World Basketball Champships. I'll bet Harden would be at or near the top, despite last year's first-round exit.

And you can't tell me if Paul George had made that same statement that ESPN wouldn't be holding him aloft as a shining example of a hard-working player who won't let anything less than a mangled leg keep him on the bench.

snowconeman22 and DonKnock like this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

sooooooo..... a sports 'news' station is trying to stir up some controversy involving one of the top guys for mvp.... taking quotes and interpretting them to try to create a story where one doesn't exist... the devil you say... lol

Richie_Rich, BigM and heypartner like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and then getting people who disagree with their hot takes to post and re-post and re-post to share their disagreement!! will wonders never cease!

kjayp likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oh yeah, p.s. media conspiracy

Daddy Long Legs and DonKnock like this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We should honestly start a petition to get Beadle up outta there. She's never going to not be blatantly biased. She is a proud homer.

Deuce, FTW Rockets FTW and Ramo$e like this.
  17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Espn is soooo stupid that they are burying themselves!!!!!!

They are losing tons of money on this NBA tv rights deal, laying people of as a result because players are choosing not only to rest, but almost exclusively resting on ESPN or ABC games.

Meanwhile, they have people on sports nation dogging a guy who wants to play every game.

The irony that they are advocating the very thing that is contributing to lay offs at their own company is HILARIOUS. Keep doing it sportsnation! Maybe your layoffs will come next

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Only difference now is he don't play for OKC anymore, and is better than Westbrook.

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

1. beadle is one of the biggest jokes in all of television. she's aged horribly and adds nothing of substance. pretty clear how she got her job(s)
    2. how did marcellus wiley go to an ivy league school and think with that sort of logic?
    3. who da fook is the other guy and why do we care what he says?

i'm triggered by this SportsNation segment, hold me back clutchfans

AirBud#10 and DonKnock like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Marcellus doesn't believe Dinosaurs existed and he believes the Earth is flat. seriously.

tmactoyao and rocketman84 like this.