1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barnes and Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Feb 28, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I read that harden wants Barnes. I wouldn't mind he's still a pretty good defender in the aggressive sense and he can knock down threes at an okay rate plus he's a tough guy enforcer type that this team lacks other than bev.

But smith? No thanks he was so bad last year. 5 years ago he would have thrived in MDA system but now now. He would have played the draymond green role perfectly. But at last that's not the case. There's a reason he isnt in the NBA right now and you haven't heard his name pop up. Plus it would be weird imo if we brought back smith for a 3rd year in a row mid season.

jayfree and DonKnock like this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Omg hahahahah, were you the one that created the thread " Josh Smith and Howard were AAU buddies" after like 2 years of them being here?

lionaire and hakeem94 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barnes is a career 33% three point shooter, but worse of all he is 36 years old. Rather have Lance Stephenson or Jamaal Franklin. Both are better defenders, better facilitators and better scorers than Barnes.

jayfree and DonKnock like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

not old enough

D-rock likes this.
  5. brosef

brosef Member

I'd take josh off the bench once the China season is over. I don't know why, but I'd be fine with him to fill an open spot.

D-rock and jayfree like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

FAIL.

D-rock and jayfree like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don't like him but I wouldn't mind Barnes off the bench as the last man. playoff experience is a plus. He'd be ready for the moment in case called upon. Assuming the guys would accept him on the team is the key

Josh smith no thanks

jayfree likes this.
  8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Say what you want, but we would not be a worse team because of it.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't even think you read that anywhere. I think you just thought it would make your post stronger.

Are you sure you didn't just read your own post?

BigShasta likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Barnes has not gone as far in playoffs as Josh Smith, nor has he ever taken over a game and carried team on his back. Smith may be past his prime but Barnes is even further along the death path.

Rockets don't have to sign Smoove but by all that is holy, do not bring in that scumbag Barnes.

theprof likes this.
  11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I saw it somewhere earlier in a thread here too. Was shocked tbh

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

How far they've each gone doesn't matter at this point of both of their careers. That doesn't make one preferable over the other bc they'd be the last person off the bench on winning teams and role is absolutely minimal

jayfree likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

What does matter is that a piece of crap team like Sac wants nothing to do with Barnes.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Definitely doubt sac is a true indicator of what to do and what not to do

jayfree likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Thats cuz alot of BS is posted on this forum.

16. theprof

theprof Member

He's been making 3s at a solid clip in China and we know he can play D and rebound.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yet even they can see the value of a 36 year old miscreant. Barnes is not a great defender, he's simply dirty. His shot is below average and he is not a skilled creator.

Did I mention he was 36 years old?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Youre not saying anything nobody else knows. At the end of the day he wouldn't be playing unless in a last resort situation anyway. Out of all the notable people available Houston could do a lot worse.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or they could do better. Sign Lance Stephenson, Jamaal Franklin or Thanasis Atentokounmpo instead. All are younger, better defenders, more athletic and better scorers.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

LS is terrible. He's been that way ever since he left Indy. Horrible fit on any team that plays team ball.

Other two not too familiar with and not really interested in guys that don't have experience when the playoffs are around the corner