1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Success Hinges On Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Feb 23, 2017.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who exactly do you expect DM to land and for what?

Drummond makes a trillion dollars. There's not a trade that works. Okafor would be useless. Same with Lopez - no rebounding but or defense.

Derrick Favors would be solid but it's impossible to see how a deal gets done there between Rockets and Jazz.

SF3isBack!!, DonKnock and Mathloom like this.
  2. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I agree that a center would be nice as it's never fun watching Whiteside or Randolph or Jordan bully us inside, but look around the west. The top teams are starting Pachulia and Dedmon. I don't think that playoff success is going to be contingent on tougher interior defense per say.

Mathloom likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it depends on EG's glass body

4. JD88

JD88 Member

Get us Nerlens....

Been asking for him for years.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Capela was super legit before he broke his fibula. Im still of the mindset that he can be a very valuable big for us.

Our playoff success hinges on the playoff games we play

Mathloom likes this.
  6. steveng125

steveng125 Member

With all our shooters I think we have a great chance of winning it all. Especially if the Warriors have to play pelicans in the first round..I don't see them making it past cousins and davis

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The rockets playoff success does not depend on whether they can pick up another C or not today

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I would bet everything that I own that the warriors will get past boogie/AD.

13 in 33 and justtxyank like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol nop has no chance against gs

10. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

We can trade Ryno + Capela + KJ + how many ever picks it takes for Drummond & Markieff Morris. I'd do it

11. steveng125

steveng125 Member

The Warriors struggle against bigs yet alone 2 elite bigs. Davis dominated the Warriors on his own now he has cousins

Jayzers_100 and DonKnock like this.
  12. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Pels would be VERY lucky to push that series to 6 games.

13. dwhite

dwhite Member

Without true "Bigs" these guys have to work roo hard to get rebounds and it takes its toll as the hectic playoff schedule progesses and we play teams like the Jazz and the Clippers. Even as great as the Warriors have been, they could not have done it without dirty work rebounders like Bogut, Ezeli, and Speights

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, but the Pistons probably won't accept this offer. It's Marcus in Detroit by the way. Markieff is with the Wizards.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Trade zach Randolph

16. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Ship or bust.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

The Pelicans haven't played a single game together since they acquired Cousins. They are incredibly weak at the wings. Not even to mention that NOP is a ways out of the playoffs right now and if they don't get it together.. and quickly.. they may not even make the playoffs.

Not saying it can't happen, but let's hold up on saying they are going to pull off one of the greatest upsets ever.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

so what, what team doesn't davis dominate against. one player doesn't beat the warriors. Adding cousins alone doesn't just make them beat them in a playoff series. 4 times yeah right, especially with no wing players. That's just delusional and your obviously biting it to whatever hype. They'll still be lucky to even get a game.

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

If GSW are the team to beat I don't think a center upgrade is the most important upgrade.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But you gotta beat other teams first. As currently constructed I am not we can get past Memphis or even OKC.