1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Super Bowl LI] - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Sajan, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2017.
  1. Patriots

48.1%
  2. Falcons

51.9%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Idiot, Hawks' fans were celebrating that Hawks vs Rockets game like it was the NBA finals. I'm glad the Falcons lost.

#421 thedude077, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    CantBeRight and rgw20014life like this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I read Kyle Shanahan wants M.Schaub on the 49ers. Bonehead deserve another bonehead. On their last drive, Shanhan called the best Super Bowl bonehead play ever, a pass play on 2nd down. If they ran the ball on all the plays, it would run the clock more and a kicked FG for a 11 point lead. As for Falcons fans, they are tearing up the team in their forums. They are already giving up on Matt Ryan lol. There is no way Houston is not in the rotation for another Super Bowl. 0 riots, 0 problems, 0 disruptions = score for Houston.

#422 bloodwings19, Feb 5, 2017
    tinman and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You rang?

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ryan taking that sack is as bad as it gets. Not running the ball was plain dumb AF. Lil Shanny will now be rewarded with a HC gig. Whatta choke job.

#424 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Wrong. Points in football are equivalent to the popular vote. Electoral college would be the equivalent of who had the most yards or something.

(sorry, I had to throw some of your pretzel logic in there- at least Trump didn't take some sort of credit for their win).

RocketWalta and DudeWah like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

He was referring to the Falcons popularity among fans and how much everyone hates the Patriots, not the actual scoring of the game.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Shanny Jr. is a good offensive coordinator, but make no mistake, he farked up. Perhaps too much overconfidence in the passing game? It is not as if the Falcons don't have a running game. What a disaster!

bloodwings19 likes this.
  8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Shanny jr is another Kubiak, or maybe another Billy O'.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

WHAT A GAME!!!!

I caught a deal on some corner club seats this morning and am happy I went. I thought we were in for a stinker in the first half, but what a comeback. I got the final drive and scoring play on video (was on my side of the field) but don't know how to upload it.

Man, why do opposing coaches try to get cute on these final drives vs NE instead of simply running the ball? You are at the goal line with Beastmode. Run the ball. You are in FG range, up 8, with 4 left. Run the ball and kill clock or opposing timeouts, and kick the damn FG. This ain't complex stuff.

TEXNIFICENT and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Shouldn't James White have won MVP?

Xenon likes this.
  11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Any QB that throws for nearly 500 yards will get it.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Does it really matter? It's not like she's supposed to be a supermodel who has a manlier jaw than half the players on the field.

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

That game hurt. Falcons had it wrapped up. All in all, seems like Houston Superbowl was a massive success. I think Discovery Green was an incredible "venue".

16. PhiSlammaJamma

All those in attendance got their money's worth that is for sure.

17. Buck Turgidson

Definitely. He left his box so he could be on the sideline for the end of the game. Oops. It was painful every time they put him on camera as things went to hell and you could tell he was dying inside. He's a good guy, philanthropically at least (eta: even if he looked like a cross between Hedley Lamarr and Snidely Whiplash last night).

Also, can't believe Lady Gaga and the halftime show was this big a topic of conversation. I watched a minute of it and went outside. Hologram Prince should do it every year.

#437 Buck Turgidson, Feb 6, 2017
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Atlanta's coaching staff's clock management was complete amateur night at the Super Bowl. Matt Ryan is a complete choke artist who should hide his face in public. Taking a sack with the game winning FG attempt secured was insanely stupid. Not running the ball up 28-12 with 6 mins left was dumb. Atlanta played the role of the fool perfectly.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

All Brady's SBs (win or lose) have been within one score.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be glad if the Texans made it this far..... I don't care that much but Trump supported Patriots should have lost due to an embarrassing first half but this is sports....anything happens.