1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lavine tore his ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JonathanK, Feb 4, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does everything well. I wonder how good he could be If he wasn't, quite literally, one of the worst shooters of all time.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I feel bad for Lavine and the Wolves. Hopefully he'll heal properly and not have another one like that. That happened to a nice kid.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i know nothing of torn acls. which players came back from acl strong and which didn't?

4. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

He'll be back in time for the dunk contest.

5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

How do you tear your ACL and you and your whole team let you play on for a few more minutes? What was the coach thinking? Thibs of all people.

6. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He could have Brewers spot. I've heard enough

8. Normalus

Normalus Member

Had left knee ACL surgery 7 months ago. I know that feel when you are out for at least 4-6 months. Feel bad for him.

Rox11 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wolves sign Born Ready

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you watch, he didn't land on his left leg, so it either occurred as he jumped off the left leg or something happened midair. I could see how maybe he just thought it was a tweak, at first. Typically, wouldn't you expect to see the knee planted and then twisted or bent wrong for an ACL -- in other words, some type of force applied to the knee while the leg was planted/immobile vs a jump or midair collision.

Maybe it isn't too bad, yet they are being very cautious / deciding to tank.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wolves were already severely underachieving, so no biggie as far as winning.

Hope he fully recovers. He's a bright young player and has skills beyond just dunks. Youth should help him fully recover or almost fully.

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

LaVine and Dunn for Jimmy Butler looks awfully good right now.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Al Jefferson, Tony Allen, Millsap I think , Parker, Noel came back the same or even better athletically. Rose after the first ACL at first looked also the same. Pelton made an article on the subject. When the NBA player is young (<25y.o), he doesn't lose much athleticism.
    However in older players, it can even be carreer ending. But now ACL recoveries are more and more faster and better compared to 10 years ago.
    For example Parker came back sooner and was even more explosive than before.
    Kendall Marshall on the other hand lost his remaining athleticism and resulted in being soon waived.

Since Lavine is so young and so athletic, if he works hard in his rehab he should be back the same very soon imo. Less than a year to return and maybe another season to get back his confidence. Possibly it could cost him a max extension.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

thanks breh, good info.
    so this could be a blessing in disguise for the wolves then. they can sign him to a cheaper deal while a year later getting the same player.

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Or, if Rubio decides to play for free that would be cool too.

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

He never was athletic. He barely was touching the net before ACL.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I also think Lowry tore his in college.

malakas likes this.