1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trouble in Laker Land

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rimrocker, Oct 26, 2003.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

how CAN shaq respond? kobe just dissected shaq in one interview all the while making more alliances with teammates (the name drop of malone and payton) and players around the league. he also pointed out things that were apparent of Shaq--contract issue for example. the only thing i can think of that Shaq can say in rebuttal is : 'So!? I was in Kazaam'

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

If Shaq chooses to keep up with the rhetoric, then its going to get even nastier. At this point, since the gloves are off, I wouldn't be suprised to see Shaq start taking shots at Kobe's character (i.e. - infidelity).

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

this is so great and funny....doesn't shaq know kobe has enough problems already and to just leave him alone:rolleyes:

sorry codell i get what you meant now:)

4. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

he didn't say playing for Rox is dream. he said playing for Rox AND winning a championship with Yao is a dream. well, most would consider Kobe coming to Houston alone a dream given that we have two young franchise players already!

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Wow. Kobe has some serious sack. Unless I'm Charles Barkley, there's no way I'm ever giving a 350 pound seven-footer that I have to run into everyday that kind of verbal dressing down. :eek:

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

You apparently missed my post before that. You might want to read it.

7. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Dude, did you see/read the interview of Kobe with Jim Gray?

At first, I might have agreed. But after the aforementioned interview, I'd have to say I'm about 95% sure that this is not contrived...

although we'll see when/if Shaq responds.. We all know he's much worse at acting than Kobe (and pretty much anyone else in the world), so if he's trying to act mad as opposed to actually being mad, it'll probably be obvious. Kazaam!

8. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

as much animosity and tension between shaq and kobe, i'ms ure shaq would never "bring it all out in the open."
    1. it's not just cool. teammates don't do that to one another. as much crap going on between them, they're gonna have each other's back [somewhat]
    2. that's pretty immature. although he did do that "ching ching chong" crap, it's so 3rd grade-ish.
    3. i'm pretty sure shaq doesn't know very much about kobe's business because they don't very have a buddy buddy relationship and kobe is an introvert.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Very easily. If I was Kobe, I would shut my mouth.

10. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

actually, if you were Kobe, your enormous ego and attitude wouldn't let you shut your mouth.

11. rezdawg

Good point. I think the same could be said about Shaq.

MTV should make a reality show on the marriage of Kobe and Shaq.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

DAMN! kobe just took it to a new level. when SC said there was more, i was expecting a little, not that huge interview. shaq would pretty much have to go personal b/c their is really nothing untrue that kobe said to jim. and he won't be able to question kobe's work ethic or anything b/c it's pretty well-documented how hard he works. this could be fun.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i'm pretty sure both of them knows what chicken of the sea is too:D :D

14. rezdawg

Exactly. Shaq can take the low road and make it pretty fun to watch. Although, it could get durrrty, durrrty.

15. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Well Shaq could always respond that if Kobe wanted the support of his teammates he maybe should have been giving a little support to his teammates over the last few years. Instead he's done little but tolerate his teammates and used them to further his one concern....himself.

16. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

This is pure comedy!!! I dunno if I'm just bitter cause I hate the Lakers or cause I hate Malone and Payton but this is hilarious. Best thing that could have happened. We need More interviews! More interviews! Hahaha Malone and Payton must be peeing their pants right now with Chris Winkler! Pure comedy!!!

17. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I can see the potential of a Kobe mid-season trade if this spat between Shaq and Kobe continues and the Lakers hovering at 0.500 ball.

Mark Cuban anyone???? Finley or Jamison or Walker for Kobe....

18. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

This stuff is great. Unfortunately Kobe will prolly just get Shaq so ticked that Shaq will play 82 games, average 35 points, 15 boards and 3 blocks, win the MVP and lead the Lakers to the Championship.

Meanwhile Kobe will sit in his prison garb trying to go back door on his cell mate

PS- What Kobe said was right BUT he has bigger fish to fry than getting in a p1ssing match with Shaq.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

My take on this situation is that Shaq has always detested it when Kobe has gotten more attention than him from the press. O'Neal is, what is the term..., a media w****.

I think the guy is really jealous of the fact that Kobe is the main story for the Lakers this season instead of him with the trial. Almost makes you wonder if Shaq would try to trump him on that, heh.

He should have kept these comments private, but it is not unusual that he said them. He has always been like that - a big and physically gifted basketball player who has the brain the size of a pea.

Nonetheless, this can only help us and all the other teams out there. It will be so funny to see the Lakers not win the NBA championship after going to all that trouble in getting Malone and Payton. Reminds me of the Yankees spending over 180 million in payroll and still not winning the World Series, LOL!

20. yb001

yb001 Member

Ho ho! This is going to be interesting. Keep going Shaq! It's your turn now.
    I hope I'm a Laker's fan, you'll never feel bored to be one.:p