1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough already! Layoff!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jared Novak, Oct 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

I have been coming to this site, and BBS for quite some time now, even before it was in its current format. I have seen the BBS go from a very respected forum, to a having to filter through the crap to actually see an intelligent post.

The trolls don't bother so much as the unintelligent and inconsiderate posters who bash the site for not being updated, or the server having the bandwidth to hold all the visitors to the forum.

Clutch and Crew you all do a great job. I appreciate the fact that this site is still free and is still well kept despite it being a passion of everyone's and not getting any appreciation for it. Now that I have a career, rather than a job, I will be stopping by the tip jar to show my appreciation.

I don't consider myself the voice of reason, or the senior member (as you can see I'm not one yet) that is bashing the newbies (as I have named no names). But before posting a subject, look to make sure that it hasn't been posted already. Don't badmouth Tim, what other organizations VP of Marketing shows up to post regularly at a fan site? Just enjoy the site and show some appreciation and respect.

I apologize that this was posted in the GARM area, but this area receives the most views.

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What are you talking about? You probably should get specefic and name names.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

This has already been posted. Check before you post. :rolleyes:

j/k I agree. ;)

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Exactly what are you talking about? Before you complain about anything or anybody, I suggest you click on the fund raising thread on the top and donate a few bucks. You agreed that Clutch and crew are doing a great job, now show some $ support.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

He is critisizing other posters, not the BBS itself or the BBS server.

And did you even read his post?? He said he was going to make a donation to the tipjar.

7. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I did. Just want to see it happen.:) The latest fund raising thread has quieted down, if not died yet.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

poor lonely pledge drive thread...no one wants to post in it anymore...:(

on a happier note...I sure hope that everyone that said they would, has done it.

I nice little chunk of change for this months bandwidth..

9. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Member

I can be a little specific.. how about half to three-thirds of the posts in the Disturbance at Eddie's place?

agree with you totally Jared

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

yes, that thread did quiet down... :(
    but can you blame us with all the EG drama??
    we should still be pulling in some tips though...

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

What horrible timing....another thing we can blame on Eddie ;)....ruining our pledge drive....

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I haven't even clicked on that bad boy. 500+ posts? No thanks. :D

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

im kinda a "newbie" but iv been on this site sence 2000 just never regestered and when did fergot my password. BUT i agreee and hope clutch and crew keep up the good work AND it hasnt gone un-appreciated , at least not by me ...