1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SoCal Fire

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by nyquil82, Oct 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Anyone out there near the fire zones? it is extremely undermanned and the fires are huge, dangerous and spreading. Although im at school right now, my dad is at home and the fire is about 15 miles away from our house and edging closer. If anyone is out there, im praying for your safety. When it is over, I hope those that are near will help those who need to rebuild.

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

what city do you live in?
    I'm in pasadena, so the fire is not threatening me, but there is ashes all over the place and i can smell it.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

im in rancho santa fe, but currently im in dc where its raining.

4. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

I am in Pasadena too. The smell of smoke outside is very strong. I wish we could get some rain. The cooler weather coming Wednesday may offer some relief to those fighting the fire. My prayers are with them.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It's those damned Santa Ana winds that we get over here. Dry heat, heavy fire hazard.

6. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

i'm in Pasadena too...As an aside, it would be cool to watch a Rockets game with another fan this season. (Other than my kids, who have to cheer for the Rockets in order to coninue to live under my roof. ;) )

7. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Pasadena here too! nice to see Rox fans here in SoCal instead of wretched Faker people.

8. fatman510

fatman510 Member

damn didnt know there were so many Pasadena rocket fans!

9. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

I hate all the ash that's all around right now, but I hope these fires are contained soon.

Wow, I didn't know there were so many of you guys in Pasadena. I live in Arcadia, which is near Pasadena.

Let me know if you guys are interested in going to the Monday Nov 24th, Clippers vs Rockets game at Staples. I'm going with a school group and tickets are $15 (nose-bleeds). Just drop me an email if you want to go.

10. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Yea I have been watching the Rockets starting when Hakeem was drafted, but i was not really a fan back then since i was just a little kid. i was more a Sixers fan but then my classmate Eddie Griffin got drafted , then I started following the Rox constantly.

I hope everything turns out ok for Eddie...he was a great talent back in highschool in Philly. I wish him the best and pray that he comes back and be part of what will definetly the next NBA dynasty.

11. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Talked to a friend who lives in Marina Del Rey over the weekend. She said there was so much ash on her car Saturday morning that it reminded her of the riot.