1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need to step up the James Harden All-Star push

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I actually also used to feel that way too, but changed my mind after last season. He is creating more action on his own similar to Jimmy Butler.

malakas likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/18/blogtable-all-star-2017-starting-five

Blogtable: Who should start for East, West in All-Star Game?

The All-Star fan vote has ended, now it’s your turn. Give me your starting five for the East and West, plus two players who absolutely, positively need to be selected as reserves.

David Aldridge:

East All-Stars: Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas, LeBron James, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kevin Love
    Two reserves: DeMar DeRozan, John Wall

West All-Stars: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento.
    Two reserves: Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry

Steve Aschburner:

East All-Stars: Isaiah Thomas, DeMar DeRozan, LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler
    Two reserves: Kevin Love, Kyle Lowry

West All-Stars: James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis
    Two reserves: Steph Curry, Gordon Hayward

Fran Blinebury:

East All-Stars: Kyle Lowry, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo

West All-Stars: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis

Two reserves: Isaiah Thomas, Stephen Curry

Scott Howard-Cooper:

East All-Stars: LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler, DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas
    Two reserves: Kyrie Irving, Kyle Lowry

West All-Stars: Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Russell Westbrook, James Harden
    Two reserves: Draymond Green, Marc Gasol

Shaun Powell:

East All-Stars: DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas, LeBron James, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo
    Two reserves: Kyle Lowry, Kyrie Irving

West All-Stars: James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis
    Two reserves: Steph Curry, DeMarcus Cousins

John Schuhmann:

East All-Stars: Kyle Lowry, John Wall, LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Jimmy Butler
    Two reserves: DeMar DeRozan, Isaiah Thomas

Two reserves: Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol

Ian Thomsen:

East All-Stars: LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Isaiah Thomas
    Two reserves: Kyrie Irving, John Wall

West All-Stars: Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, James Harden
    Two reserves: Steph Curry, DeMarcus Cousins

Lang Whitaker:

East All-Stars: Isaiah Thomas, DeMar DeRozan, Jimmy Butler, Giannis Antetokounmpo, LeBron James

West All-Stars: Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis

Two reserves: Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry

DonKnock likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

lol that Ian Thomsen above has voted 3 guards in the starting lineup instead of two. Do these people have an official vote? I hope not otherwise that would be illegal.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They have to vote using a web interface that has strict filters on the options. I saw some voter screen shot it on twitter.

malakas likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@malakas , where did you read these Windhorst opinions? Or was it a POD?

6. malakas

malakas Member

Deuce likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, Windhorst is bad at math, or thinks the players will vote Curry 4th.

If Curry wins the fan vote, he mathematically cannot be knocked out of the starting lineup unless players vote him 4th, and that would still require a perfect storm of other things happening...starting with the #3 player in fan voting would have to get 1st in both media and players

8. malakas

malakas Member

I think it's possible. From all the votes I have seen the vast majority of media with votes have voted RW and JH. Now if it's true players dont' like Curry you now who else will take more votes tha him. CP3 the president of the NBPA. Most players have voted before he got injured.
    I have to think that in at least three maybe 4 teams the whole lockeroom will vote for him.
    I dunno we will see. I hope they make players' votes results public. That will be interesting.

9. Mr. Motiejunas

Guy over on Reddit saying Curry and Harden will be the starting guards out West.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As long as Harden is starting.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Usually around this time the starters would have leaked on social media somehow

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Pretty sure it's going to be curry/harden starting.

I'm actually cool with this I think Russ is overrated anyway. I don't think any GM outside of maybe okc would pick Russ over curry.

13. Asian Sensation

Damn OKC is gonna have 3 starters. Must be nice.

14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I'm sorry but just stop watching basketball if you think things like this. Russ and James for sure should be the starting back court.

15. heypartner

If Harden is starting, whether or not WB or Curry is the other starter, the next interesting question is who will Steve Kerr name as PG? The weak sauce thing to do would be to alternate PG per possession.

If he lets Curry be PG and moves Harden to SG, you know that would be something no coach would do in the regular season, and he would do that just to piss off MDA and Harden. If you have Harden and Curry on a real team together, you most definitely would make Curry the SG coming off picks for Harden to set up.

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Do they really NEED to label who is PG? They are pretty much just playing school yard ball after awhile, haha

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is a lock.

DD

18. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

FIFY

19. heypartner

Yeah, yeah...it's just playground ball. But still, in the first quarter, what will Steve Kerr do? I think it's an interesting question and probably a calculated dis on Houston, if he has Curry bring up the ball for most of the 1st Q. I bet it will be a topic leading up to the ASG and during the 1st Q, by the commentators.

In fact, I put the over-under on a GARM Thread posing the question at 1 week away, when and if Curry/Harden are named starters.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#180 zeeshan2, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    malakas and Cashmoney like this.