1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 1/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2017.

1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

****. We have a chance to lose the next EIGHT.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Whelp, our two key acquisitions are missing a bit of time as we feared.

Harden having a tough January turnover and 3pt shooting wise.

Our legs aren't lost, but they seem to be slowly fading away.

J.R. likes this.
  3. touring_low

touring_low Member

You guys really putting this loss on James for supposedly partying last night? Lol. It takes a whole team to win, not one man. Hopefully the team watches film, learn from their mistakes and bounce back tmrw.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You are missing the bigger picture here though - MOREY.

Is there a more overrated GM in the league? What is this guy doing?

- Brewer still on the team and still getting major minutes
    - With capela out, he opted to not make a simple trade or pickup a cheap rim protector. Instead we roll with harrell and nene at center. they did a commendable job but seriously?
    - Still hasn't addressed the most basic function that a good team should have. Multiple threats. I'm talking about guys who aren't completely reliant on one guy getting them their shots. Eric Gordon is nowhere near enough. I have been saying this since the off season.
    - Tyler Ennis as the first PG off the bench? Really?
    - In denial about the state of Ariza's game and not proactively looking to add wing depth. Ariza is a bench player or small ball 4 at this point of his career. Lateral speed is shot.

It is the same issue every single season. Nothing ever changes. He needs to make some deals ASAP.

5. threepointshot3

After a loss I usually for an hour go to calm down so I don't say anything that over the top . This loss is bad but not as bad as you think in that sense because of the chances of Gordon, Ariza, Nene and co playing this bad regulary are low so we wont look this bad to often. The problem comes back to to defense. In the last 3 losses in 4 games(which in itself is a worry) defense has been putrid.

We gave up a whopping 115 to Memphis, 112 to the freaking Nets and 109 to the damn Heat. That is just horrible. Play like this and expect a 150 explosion from Golden State.

#825 threepointshot3, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Warriors drop 150+. Quote me.

7. touring_low

touring_low Member

I'm just gonna go on a limb and ask what our record is when Sewer makes 3s in game, I believe we lose em? Plus Ariza only had 11pts, bench wasn't as good as usual as u could see with EG's struggles. We also didn't have our 18.74mill man yet we lost by 6. Yes I know MIA is trash this year but the whole team gotta show up...

And oh I'll still take that trade of a bag of chips and guac for Sewer. He shouldn't be playing more than 10mins a game.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sewer had 2 big turnovers in the 4th while we were trying to come back. but hey, he plays with so much energy and the whole team likes him so much!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Capela let the team down by being out of shape...

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's true we need another star. But they are hard to come by and they didn't want to come here after last year's debacle.

We don't really have the assets to trade for one, but maybe one will want to come next summer.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Looking at the highlights on NBA TV (I only sporadically listened to the radio broadcast at work) and my goodness, the defense...or lack thereof was a joke.

Vivi likes this.
  12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Heat shot 46% and Rocks only 40%, we only lose by 6 pts. The Heat played so many games on the road before this game, this is the game they want the most. By winning this home game, they can forget the road trip. Extra incentive for the Heat to win this game, the Rocks are playing without urgently.

13. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm not even talking about a star tho. I'm talking about basic solid players

Lawlruschang likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

no I don't flame Harden for this loss because it's only one loss. I flame him because of the very possible consequences in the future that behaviour brings. Easy to downplay it now or deny it or turn a blind eye but Harden is the Rockets and will be for many years and partying even before games doesn't bode well with his future.
    And I believe that's a very serious concern.
    Sorry I don't think that McHale lied at all about Harden partying in Miami when he was the coach.
    And the only reason I didn't talk about the others was becoz I didn't even have time since everyone begun to swamp me immediately with quotes.

40pnt TD...and still Harden for more than half the game looked really bad to me. It wouldn't even be a TD if Harden didn't hunt for it in garbage time but now a TD sounds much more impressive.

It's unfair to blame Capela. Even if he is 100% healthy he can't play too many minutes without having much practice.
    What is there more to say about Brewer?

The Rockets should win very easily tomorrow in a blowout.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The line is lower than 35% 3PT based on Morey's 3-2 theory.

Morey's theory is based on 50% 2PT... 1-2 FG (50%) is a simple and preventant percentage vs 3-2 (another .50-situation mathematically).

35% 3PT= 52.5 2PT

33% 3PT is more accurate as it equals 49.5% 2PT, MUCH closer to 50% 2PT than 35% 3PT.

It's great to have enough good shooters/playmakers to equal our current percentage, but the Rockets' biggest problems are 1) don't play enough defense/rebound and 2) turnovers.

If it was guarenteed HOU shot 31% 3PT for a game, but had less turnovers and more rebounds than the opposition, I'd take that everytime.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We will continue to have inconsistent 3 pt shooting, and this was one of those nights where the guys were off. It's the absolute lack of defense that bothers me more, along with careless turnovers. It's one thing to give up the ball on a steal, but simply being careless and throwing it right into someone's hands is as frustrating as watching Osweiller throwing interceptions. I can't handle seeing that happen in another playoffs like I had to suffer with watching the Texans. Coach needs to fix this now, and Harden and crew simply can't get sloppy with the ball and give it away or the Warriors are going to dominate us like Brady and crew schooled us once again.

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

wow, glad i fell asleep less than 5 min into the game. what happened? lost to the wolves, grizz, and now one of the worst teams in the league.....the heat. 3 of the last 4. i hope the rockets didnt peak in december.

i was worried we were rushing clint back. just because you can play doesnt mean youre in shape. it was clear on his first missed layup in transition he lost his rhythm and still needed some time to get in mid season game shape back.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We peaked in 2016. Yikes.

We need to get our swag back. Too bad buzzsaw cometh.

20. BootyHunter

BootyHunter Member

I think a lot of people are blowing this L out of proportion... yet it was an ugly loss and should have been an easy w but I know this team will bounce back. We've been consistent so far, just an unusual shooting night.