1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Get used to it. ESPN is only reporting the truth. No matter how anyone tries to color or spin the situation, this is a major f**kup on the part of the Rockets for giving up so much to get so little in return - one that will have serious repercussions for this team now and in years to come. One would be foolish and naive to expect anyone in the NBA or the press to give them a break or to even care.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Show me where the term "brother" is the catch-all coloquial term used only to describe African Americans. I don't know what cultural experiences you've experienced but the term brother may actually be international. Maybe it's a term that's used throughout histories by various races depicting a close relationship. When I called my best friend my "brother", I was obviously calling him an African American.

What about chatising me for saying "brother" instead of "human being". Aren't I demonstrating a paternalistic, misogynistic attitude toward women by omitting half the human race.

It's so obvious that on its face, it's racist. No?

Except when I combine it with Kumbaya.

Kumbaya was a song every kid in our elementary school sang sitting Indian (politically incorrect) style holding hands. I have never heard Kumbaya categorized in a racial or negative way.

It's identified with the tree hugging, "I'd like to give the world a Coke", 70's that I grew up in. The fact you can see so much into it is legitimate is because "you're not even black" - I see. Do you also have good friends black too? Maybe that's why it's legitimate.

The irony of all this is Another Brother used a racially derrogatory term in some event welcoming Yao Ming and was totally ignorant of its existence yet he's perfectally in tune with the obvious racially charged Kumbaya.

It's all prefectly clear to me now.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Risk of taking Eddie does not look like it will pan out....however, the risk of taking an unknown Chinese player seems to be working out ok.....you win some you lose some.

Derick Chevious anyone?

DD

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

http://www.slangsite.com/slang/K.html

Kumbaya(h): From the song: someone's cryin' Lord, kumbaya,
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya... Literally, Come by here, Lord.
    Used in this context as the quality of taking something very much to heart.
    here, something is needed.
    Example: George didn't think much of the sermon but Randy was all kumbaya about it.

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

...and only if Derrick could go left,...he would have been big-time!...:mad:

6. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Unknown Chinese player to you, was wanted as #1 draft pick by almost all the other lottery teams.

The only positive thing is can we get the option year on Griffin's contract with some stipulations for legal counsel, counseling, etc?

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

just wondering, what is the most number of pages a thread has gone onto... prolly a steve and cat hater page

8. DaDakota

Well, he was known, but people were worried about his committments to the Chinese national team etc....

Personally, I wanted Yao from the get go.

9. tomt

tomt New Member

First of all, this is a bit of a retro comment... dating all the way back about 10 pages. But let me just say that regardless of what happened here, and regardless of who's ultimately guilty/responsible, I think it's clear that this is a human tragedy.

This is a car wreck, guys. This whole situation sucks, I sympathesize for everyone. But if Griffin is guilty, he's going to pay the price.

But I honestly don't think crackin' jokes at a potentially fatal car wreck's really all that funny. I know people do it, all the time, but it still sucks. Here's a quick test for whether this is an 'appropriate' joke: pretend your mom's in the room, tell it to her face.

Now, on to the situation... my speculation based on the facts that we have at hand is that, first of all, the gf (or 'friend') entered EG's house without permission. Maybe she came over to take back something she claims as hers. Maybe she came over drunk to scream at Eddie. Maybe she came over remorseful and wanted to apologize. Bottom line, the interaction between EG and this woman was nasty. The speculation about 'self-defense' is totally unbelievable. No 6'10" 21 year old man in the prime of his life can convince me that he felt physically threatened by a woman (that's been described as a 'fat ho') that he recognized as a former friend.

We know EG has a crappy temper. He's proven it at least twice in the past. The argument falls apart into a physical fight; he hits her in the face, pulls out a gun... tells her to get out. I doubt he fires at her with the intention of hitting her; if that was the case, the police would be tracking him down as an attempted murderer right now. Instead, maybe he just fires in the air. Maybe he fires at the ground. Who knows.

I think it's safe to say that Griffin will not be contributing to the Rockets in the near future. I think it's also safe to say he has almost no trade value at this point. I'm bummed and angry at EG from the point of a Rockets fan... but from the point of view of a *human being* first, Rockets fan second, this is just *sad*.

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

on Mad Tv they were making fun of allen iverson and had a guy acting like him and running a ghetto basketball camp for kids, the actor would push down the kids and was saying " Yeah Eddie Griffen got nothing on me", making fun of both AI and EG for their problems with the law. Its sad that even Mad Tv is making fun of EG.:(

11. DaDakota

I still say you excercise the one year option, and hope for the best.

DD

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay, Where are you Perry Mason, where are you Jake, where are you the Fat Man, where are you the old lady from Murder, She Wrote. Where are you Cagney?

Let's play detective.

Okay, I'll be sherlock.

two bullet shell casings were found in the front yard along with blood. What was blood doing there? Who's blood is it? Does it belong to the "fat ho?"

Maybe it happen when Eddie Punched her. Or hit her, or pistol whipped her. Maybe he drew blood.

Let's say this happen.

The fat ho comes to Eddies house to pick up some items. Items being money, credit cards, poptarts, and sticks of yummy butter.

Eddie is wondering who is Knocking at the door. He thinks it is CD, and Jeff Van Gundy. He is thinking, ahhh shiiiiiiiet. But then he says, ahhhhh shiiiiiiet, it's that girl again. He pulls out his gun and tells her to go away, and he fires warning shots in the air.

There, that is how it got there. warning shots telling her to go away.

Therefor he is innocent.and thus traded for some future first round picks.

13. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

this golddigging slut had a brother with gang connections. eddie is a millionaire NBA star, he should have known better than to hang with those kind of people. eddie is rich, high society, upper class type of guy. he should not have gotten involved with low class pieces of street, monkey crap.

14. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Can't speak for the rest of you, but the first thing I thought of RIET's comments was Van Gundy's speech we just read about days ago where he used that dreaded kumbaya word (gasp) in the same context:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=van+gundy+kumbaya&ei=UTF-8&fr=fp-top

RIET, I got your back, we Posey supporters stick together. ;) AB, try not to assume the worst of people. I have friends of all colors, as do probably a whole heckuva lot of us...

15. DaDakota

All this from a poster named J diddy?

:)

DD

16. phishphreak

phishphreak Member

17. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

1. It's weird how you can use personal experiences to express what forms your racial makeup, congrats, I don't have that luxury here.

2. I didn't "Welcome" Yao in at any event, sheesh...
    I later found that some Chinese people didn't even know that word was derogatory, including him, e-mail and ask. However I will never say it again.

18. DaDakota

AB,

WTF are you doing on the BBS on Friday night...shouldn't you be headlining somewhere in the USA?

Ever get to Austin...I would love to come scope out your act.

DD

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

hang on a minute bro.... though the blazers have a reputation for being a team of common criminals, the new organisation is trying it's damned hardest to change that.

20. SLA

SLA Member