1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/11/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Now I am rooting for the Timberwolves to make it to the 8th seed.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

this loss is on the schedule makers

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Meh, I think we still win this game if we had Capela and Gordon. Sooner or later those injuries are going to catch up to us and tonight was the night where we needed Gordon's instant offense and Capela for the extra fouls and PnR game.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

we probably win without them if we had an off day is my point

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Back to the H to start a new streak! Keep rollin with us Red Nation.</p>&mdash; Sam Dekker (@Dekker) <a href="">January 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jontro likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We have been overachieving. Injuries are affecting us. I hope we can get another backup center, without having to give up Trez and Capela.
    Getting another PG instead of Ennis is important too.

7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

True, but the schedule always come back to work in your favor eventually. Injuries are a bigger concern because those aren't guaranteed to work in your favor.

I made a thread the other day about how the Rockets have had the 3rd highest strength of schedule so far, as well as being tied for most road games played and B2B games in the league. So, the schedule has sucked ass so far, man. But post all-star break the Rockets will have one of the easier schedules so we just have to weather it until then.

8. threepointshot3

Yep need to ride this out and go crazy after the all star break and target number 2 seed.

Tha_Dude and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I've been a bit worried about our defense lately.

joomba likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know where else to put this, and I'm not saying this is why we lost, but how the hell is Thibs allowed to be that f'in LOUD and annoying? Half the time he's on the court, he is non-stop screaming at the top of his lungs like someone killed his family. How do his players deal with that and there must be SOME line drawn to where it gets too irritating to the opponent. Refs/league gotta watch that stuff. He genuinely ruined the broadcast for me too, and I'm sure that's something the NBA cares about.

Terrible.

Hakeemtheking and RocketsTerps like this.
  11. Hui

Hui Member

Pat is still not 100% his wrist is hurt. Plus playing the same 8 man rotation from back to back will obviously wear out the players. The coach should have used a bigger rotation.

12. BootyHunter

BootyHunter Member

Not even mad with this lost tbh. We will bounce back from this and get healthy. Good challenge on Friday

13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

It's unbearable. Does anyone recall if Thibs has always done this? I don't remember that in his Chicago years.

Mathloom likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Timberwolves match up well against us.... the first win against them was close as well.

Remlap likes this.
  15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Didn't like the way we lost but at the same time, EG, Clint were out and Pat wasn't 100 percent.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

very disappointed with the loss. time for mauri to blow up the team

Remlap likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know but Wiggins looks like he's gonna Latrell Sprewell the hell out of Thibs one of these days.

RocketsTerps and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm all for giving Pat days off before/after All-Star break to give him a fair bit of rest.

We really cannot afford to go into the tail end of the season leading up to the playoffs with him nursing injuries and playing on - as history shows he will be out at some point in the playoffs.

We need him at 100% to make a run.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this was a winnable game, but the loss is on morey. you know pat and gordon are going to inevitably miss time with bs injuries, and yet you put nothing on the roster that can spell them for even 5min. you've known capela's out 4-6 weeks for the past month and yet do sit on your hands, scared to agitate any future cap flexibility -- your sacred cow. unacceptable to waste any games in harden's prime, get off your ass..

Little Bit and joomba like this.
  20. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Didn't realize that was Thibs bellowing like a lunatic all throughout the broadcast. So obnoxious.

Mathloom likes this.