1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbance at Griffin house

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CiscoKid, Oct 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Or maybe Eddie's neighbor is a deep sleeper.

Which ever way it is the police findings cannot lie. Gun power or shell(s) or marks on the wall or body will be discovered - so we shall see who is lieing. Sad :(

2. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

he may be a rockets player, but i dont care who you play for if you beat up/shoot at anyone. this is a classic example of what happens to people that are too young to handle fame and fortune. it just really sucks that it happened to somebody on our team. eddie griffin has just succeeded in alienating himself from his team and his fans.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It may be a little fishy, but you were really reaching in your last post. :D

So far we have 2 witnesses saying EG assaulted and shot at the mother of his child, EG AWOL(something he seems to be good at), and EG's cousin claiming he didn't hear or see anything(we dunno even know if he was there at the time of this incident, but I would tend to believe the woman that was there over the cousin, unless the woman is tied to the mother).

The only positive thing you can draw from what has been presented at this point is 1. no one was seriously hurt and 2. the police haven't felt the need to issue an arrest warrant yet

4. danielk

danielk Member

EGGIE PROVES TO US HE NOT ONLY HAS A BAD SHOT ON COURT BUT HAS A BAD SHOT WITH GUNS ..THIS GUY IS TRULY A SCRUB WITH A PELLET BRAIN..U KNOW WHAT WOULDA HAPPENED IF HE HIT THE GIRL ? HE'LL BE 21 TO LIFE ...WELL HE DOESN'T REALISE IT CUZ HE'S SO DUMB..TOO MUCH NYQUIL..AND SHOOTING A GIRL..WOW..SHOWS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING wrong with him. We give him too much attention lets lock this thread up. He's not worth that..he wasted our 1st round high pick :mad:

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

True, but it doesn't feel right being at the end of the story for some reason. Throw it into the beginning, or somewhere in the middle. Having it at the end how it is is just extraneous info that seems to emphasize the wrong thing imho. It's just lazy.

6. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I can't believe that nobody has brought up what I'm about to........(clears throat)

Why, oh why, isn't anybody bringing up the fact that whatever the problem may be with Eddie and his company, that there are legal ways to take care of child custody battles, and irrate aquaintances, and whatever else may be involved with this?
    The guy seems to decide to take this matter into his own hands, and arguments of this nature never pan out right on their own. Not taking this issue(s) to the law was a serious MISTAKE!
    This isn't the jungle, survival of the fittest type crap, this is a civilized country we live in. Eddie has the resources to take care of his issues legally, and has not done so. Letting tempers flare isn't the way to go, it's like he's been pawned the whole time.

WHAT A SHAME! :(

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I so agree. I don't want to get into a D&D debate over this, but if she was as bad as the rumors are suggesting, there are means to fight for custody and to prove that she's an unfit mother.

8. sweetie

sweetie Member

legal issue here, Maybe Eddie didnt want to go to court to try to get custody because he is addicted to weed. The girl can just say that to the judge and lawyers can rule for him to get tested and he would not be a suitable fit for the kid. The girl would probably win in court. Also,maybe she broke in,and acted crazy,eddie pulls a gun on her telling her to stop messing up his house,she ignores him and so he fires a warning shot.

This is a very plausible scenario. Right now he shouldnt be hiding and just make up this story I just wrote in this scenario. However,it sounds as if there is another girl(possible new girlfriend) who was upstairs and saw everything and possibly make Eddie look like the crazy one. Be prepared to hear about this story all weekend on ESPN and possibly on opening day national tv over and over again. It brings attention to the rockets,but it distracts people from how good we are playing. Poor kid. Interesting that Eddie quote at the first day of camp when he said he wanted to improve under JVG while other players need a father figure. It sounds like he needed Rudys "father figure" type to guide him instead of JVGs demanding style.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Eddie's never been my favorite player, but I can sympathize with the crappy situation he's in. It must be tough to get jerked around over your own child, especially when you're only just barely an adult yourself. He's obviously made some huge mistakes handling his problems, and those mistake are going to cost Eddie and the Rockets alike.

It's still possible for Griffin to salvage an NBA career at this point, but his window of opportunity is slipping away fast. The saddest thing is, he doesn't seem to care. The kid needs a wakeup call and to get some help fast. He's clearly overwhelmed.

10. keep_rudy

keep_rudy Member

I think Rox should do something to help him, but might be too late? :confused:

11. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

What was Eddie thinking?????????????????

First, i don't believe he shot at her and missed! Something else must have happened.

This may turn out to he say, she say

12. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Just so we are clear, these are the facts:

Eddie has been accused by his girlfriend of hitting her and firing a gun at her.

Another woman at Griffin's residence has corraborated that story.

Griffin's neighbor did not hear gunshots and his cousin, who was supposedly in the house, said he knew of no incident.

The girlfriend called from a phone not at Griffin's house and was apparently treated at a local hospital.

Griffin called the police 25 minutes after the girlfriend called to report his house had been broken into but, when police arrived, only his cousin and the other woman were there.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS SPECULATION

Pointing the finger of blame or guilt towards ANYONE at this point and, worse yet, arguing about it, is a total exercise in futility.

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

This all been a mistake. ESPN, The Chronicle, The Local Police, and the female accuser have all mistakenly confused Eddie Griffin the basketball playe with the real suspect Eddie Griffin the Comedian/Entertainer.

damn, dont i wish...

14. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

I'm not so sure that Eddie not having custody is really the main issue here.
    It seems like he was being DENIED even seeing his daughter at all. That can't be legal, custody or not, unless a court order of some sort is filed. I think that the woman was just trying to exercise control over Eddie and his money, and, understandably, it pissed him off.
    IF that is the main issue, Eddie should have pursued it legally.

15. benzman501

benzman501 Member

now this is f:eek: ked up

16. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

<soap_box>

Off topic, sweetie, but I and many non-government healthcare professionals believe that there is virtually no such thing as "addicted to weed". While one can make a habit of using it (even very heavily), but weed in and of itself is no more addictive than candy bars or Popeye's Fried Chicken.

It shares certain qualities with addictive substances, but is FAR less addictive than legal substances alcohol, caffeine and nicotine.

http://www.drugsense.org/mcwilliams/www.marijuanamagazine.com/toc/addictiv.htm

</soap_box>

17. benzman501

benzman501 Member

Now this is just crazy....
    only if...
    1. The trade would have gone down and this would not have happened
    2. The Rockets would have gotten the poor lost guy some freakin help instead of telling him to get his life straight, I don't even think the guy can tie his shoe

...and what the hell upscale neighborhood? My dad lives over there and I guess its nice but upscale?

18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Man after reading through this whole thread I just have to say that I'm speechless. It's so freaking surreal. I have three take on the whole thing.

1) It's a serious event and I don't really like the jokes, make'em if you must, it's your choice. I found none to be funny but some one else might. Keep in mind I have a pretty dark sense of humor (watch American Psycho and Ishi the Killer [my friend said Kill Bill was the 'toned down' version of this move] to know what I found humorous) but this is a real situation and I don't see comedy. Still, if you think it's ok to make jokes, go right ahead it's your right.

2) Eddie handled the situation totally wrong. He should've gotten lawyers to get his daughter back, but I'm also really mad at the current legal system that favors the mother more when it comes to custody battles. It should go to who would seem like the best character in providing for their child.

3) It's all speculation and let's a say a prayer hoping Eddie is all right. There are those who are young and make mistakes, but this just stupid, but money can actually make your life a lot worse if you are in the wrong situation with the wrong people. Let's hope Eddie can bounce from this but lately I'm not seing any more hope.

19. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I can't believe I wake up to this! There are so many scenarios that could have taken place. Maybe Griff was shot at and he ran away. Maybe the reports are true. Who knows? I am embarrassed by my posting name.

20. droxford

droxford Member

Thank God JVG suspended him!

That was such a great call! I mean, I'm sure the Rockets are all thinking about Eddie, but at least he's not an active player which would make people wonder "how is this going to affect the team?"

Also, by suspending him, we have been able to get an early jump on finding a good way to fill his position in his absence. Great call!

-- droxford