1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets home attendance near the bottom

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Feb 11, 2005.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Do the Rockets still do those 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 drinks promos? I went to a couple of those including the 21st straight win in that 2008 streak(vs the then-Bobcats).

2. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Awesome post - couldn't agree more

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Happened last year in the English Premier League where owners raised prices and the fans organized a walkout of the match (among other protests)... And owners backed down and rescinded the price hikes

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

haha... maybe they should drop an octagon around a mat and have two guys try to kiss each other as hard as possible in spandex during breaks.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Lol. Thought my account got hacked when I got the notification but that post was from 2005.

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If you guys want to start a petition to relocate the franchise to Little Rock...I wouldn't complain.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Tickets are way over priced.

That and these shitty businesses that hold season tickets for the lower bowl and never go.

douglasreedy1 likes this.
  9. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Season ticket holder for last 5 years. If you are not winning you better have players people want to watch. Believe it or not, people hounded me for tickets when Lin and Parsons were here. Howard on his first year was crazy as well but big drop in fan interests last year which i believe is impacting this year.

I have watched every game this year even on days when I'm tired from work. They are so fun to watch. People are slowly coming around friends and family are hounding me almost daily if there are games i may not want to watch. Sorry... I'm watching them all this year.

douglasreedy1 and tinman like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Eggball season is over. Get out and support those 31-11 Rockets! ;)

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I love going to games but tickets prices are quite high. Our family has 5 so that means if we all go we have to go upper bowl for it to be reasonable. I can't drop 500+ for entry level lower seats.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i blame it on the commute. there is so much traffic in Houston that people get sick of driving after work and traffic can be bad going to Rockets games as well depending on the time and where you live

second reason is ticket prices and cost of concessions

third reason is despite winning a lot this year last seasons train wreck was a huge turn off and Dwight Howard, despite his decline, was still am All-Star to many fans. And he sold tickets. The Rockets have to continue winning and they will win back the fans, but many of them are waiting to judge. The Rockets based on how they do in the playoffs. That's how many judge the Rockets actually

13. ktex

ktex Member

I mean my god, lower bowl on sideline tickets are $345 face value. I make a good living but I'm not willing to pay 2K to take my family to a ball game. Screw that.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tickets are too expensive to see a guy who's not even all-nba 3rd team.

Joshfast likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

Its a football city. No body gives a **** about rockets in regular season

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its like 1992 all over again.

They were drawing 9,000 for games in the midst of their championship season (albeit, before anybody actually realized they were a serious contender).

They still failed to sell out playoff games during the first championship run.

You need to not only have amazing regular season success... but also not just one but multiple deep playoff runs, before Houston takes you seriously enough to warrant nightly sellouts and extra attention.

Unfortunately, the NBA is a perfect storm of too many games (mostly on weeknights), and very expensive tickets.

17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

In Houston, fans only show up for Game 5 and 7 in the WCF for the regular season, we don't have fans.

Its a disgrace :(

tochiee22 likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why bump the thread? Did you watch the second quarter? It's a full house. Thursday night you cannot expect everyone to be in their seat for tip-off.

19. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

My buddy from Los Angeles who barely watches basketball just texted me asking why no one is at the game and why is it so quiet there. Embarrassing

tochiee22 likes this.
  20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Rockets rough start to the season doesn’t help either. Hopefully we turning it around