1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers @ Rockets promo video (official Rockets twitter)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

We need some size to defend the Clips. This is one of the few times where we'll miss Dwight, especially during that epic game where he dropped 36 points/26 boards on them.

We'll definitely miss Clint for this one, too.

The Rockets are working to get some help in the front court, but it sounds like they're taking their time, considering that the other guys have stepped up in Clint's absence.That mediocre record in ATL could SpliT some birds up...Freebirds who want more time/consistent role.

Again, though, what's the rush? It depends on how you look at it, but IMO, the Rockets have needed help at the C spot ever since Dwight left. Clint is developing, but that's the one position where the Rockets look questionable as potential contenders. To their credit, Trez' has been impressive and my buddy has been doing a decent job. I wish MDA could work out some more mismatches to use FlyRy at the C spot when it works. That would open the floor immensely.

Shoot, I would take former rocket, Terrence Jones, to for some help. On a salary that's less than a millie, he's averaging 10ppg (recently dropped 21/7 on OKC) and 11/6 over the last 10 games. Sure, he's not the strong center we need for good, but he'd do well in this offense...Just another freebird on some birds. ;)

I was a fan when he was healthy for us (esp. when he/Dwight played together), but I grew rather tired of the DMo/TJones debate (hate) threads.

Anyway, the Clips/Rox games are always fun to watch (I wish we had more of a rivalry with them, but our team is so different now, and I doubt the disgust for one another is as strong. D12--er D8--hated playing in LA, obviously due to that entire state hating him for his time with the Fakeshow. I enjoyed Dwight's play during our epic series with them...he held his own and beat Andre and Blake up more than any other center. However, as well witnessed, Dwight allowed the fans to get to him and absolutely lost control with the refs when they called him for phantom fouls from career floppers like CP3. /end story time)

As our roster is right now, that front court might destroy us in a 7 game series. We'll need some new blood later on.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

If Warriors destroyed them I don't see why we cant do the same, we have shooting power on par with warriors

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. Chamillionaire

Thanks always for your input Cod. You really are one of my favorite posters. Really enjoy your posts.

Splitter would be a great pick up. He`s played under Pop, knows the system, great passer and a savvy vet.
    As well as Montrez has been playing, we really do need more size and rim protection inside with Clint out.
    I trust that Morey will make the right moves when the right deals are available.

Codman likes this.
  4. craguin

craguin Member

Splitter has been out all season; returning mid-January?

[AJC.com / Vivlamore - Nov. 25, 2016] Splitter out at least six more weeks with calf injury (updated)
    The Hawks reserve center will miss a minimum of six weeks after an MRI exam revealed a Grade 2 right calf strain. [...]
    The latest injury is related to both the hip surgery that preceded a right hamstring strain that has kept Splitter out all season.

Codman likes this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

(Nice injury-status find)

He has had a rough time since leaving San Antonio, huh? What's the rush then, right? It's the Tim Duncan curse...once you leave that city, your career is never the same!

That roster is open, as ATL has been active all season. They are not meeting expectations, which makes sense. That roster has enough talent to have a better record. Adding Dwight should have solidified the front court, but that hasn't worked out IMO.

I expect them to make a couple of moves when they start dipping out of the playoff race. I'll be surprised if they can hold it together.

craguin likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm gonna go with a pass on Terrance jones part deux lol when you would rather have josh smith than another guy, you know you're tripping on the low bar.

Honestly, eyeball test would suggest to me Onuaku is of similar build to Capela but I thought maybe shorter and definitely thicker already, despite 2 years younger. Did y'all know he's listed an inch taller and 5 pounds heavier? At 20 years....his man weight will put him well over 250 and he carries it well, despite not having the leaping ability Capela has. Capela needed 2 years of pro weight rooms and nutritionists to hit 240. Holy hell, what's this kid doing on the bench?

It's a lot to ask but it's a simple role. Bang with Jordan for 5 minutes a half. Go all out for 5 minutes.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Mason Plumlee > Tiago Splitter. Rockets need a Capela like player with his head on right. Mason fits the bill. Tiago Splitter is literally already on this team (Nene). He plays similar to Nene and ironically are Brazilian teammates.

#27 Liberon, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Stephen A. Smith owns.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

they are a good team...but so are we. should be a good game.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm all in favor of trying out Onuaku while the team is on a roll. He's not going to come in and fix things if it ain't right, but he might be good enough to keep the ball spinning.