1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Sam Dekker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Didn't count when it shoulda counted twice.

Ramo$e, xtruroyaltyx and hakeem94 like this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Injury history? Dekker has missed nearly 80% of his games!

I all seriousness, I love Gallo but he's older and the accumulation of injuries has affected him and he no longer plays young. I still think he would fit in perfectly, but he's not a must get. Plus, he's got a player option and would be expensive to re-sign. Don't give up a very productive player on a rookie contract for someone that'll be expensive to re-sign unless he's a superstar.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haha. Touché

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

High motor!

That is all.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Imagine Kevin Harlan calling play by play on his daughter's date.

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

The difference between Parsons and Dekker is that Parsons is more handsome but Dekker has a better body.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Anthony Mason was an ALL-STAR. You said Green is NOT even an All-Star - But then you directly compare him to an All-Star! This just makes it wrong

Don't conflate the terms "Superstar" and "All-Star" and "Hall of Famer" together. Your rightful hatred of his goon persona is preventing you from seeing it objectively. I did NOT say Green is a superstar, I said borderline All-Star (though the hard fact is he was still actual All-Star like it or not). But in you saying he's not a superstar, you're tearing him down saying he's NOT even an All-Star, that he's a scrub. When easily provably facts shows thats not the case.

Also you're saying to stop talking about him, but you took that poster's comment out of proportion and blew it up in first place. He wasnt focused on the "star" label part, he was comparing the upward PATH saying Dekker can go from unheralded into being very good like Green. There's nothing wrong with that

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Garbage has no respect for anything and it makes everything it touches, ugly and despised. Only trash gets on good with garbage. Shroopy, you're not trash or garbage. Stop try to defend an a-hole and let's talk about the real potential of Sampolean Dynamite. That's what this is about. Their games are nothing alike. Cheap shots are not his thing, hitting college kids is not his thing, disrespecting coaches is not his thing. So why garbage in a solid role player thread? Draymond was outside the arena in game 6... with the garbage.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. bongman

bongman Member

"Stay humble, stay fokass" - Hakeem

D-rock, Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

pics to prove it

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL

13. Carl Herrera

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

WTF?

Show me another NBA player that mows their own yard.

Dekker is special.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

That's he moms yard.

16. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Mowing for his mum before rookie season.
    Then his back broke.

Should be in his next contract like surfing was not allowed for Luc Longley

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Comparing 2 different people just because they are the same race is pretty awful... Yes it is racist because.... If you can't figure that out you don't need to post here.

18. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

Sam Dekker may not be an exceptional talent and there is nothing special about his physicality and athleticism. Despite all that, he is still a special player that can have a major impact on his team. Dekker is a smart player that really understands the game well. He is incredibly humbled, plays hard and always willing to learn and find ways to improve. He is a decent finisher at the rim and a good shooter.

In comparison to Chandler Parsons, Dekker is a much more reliable shooter and has the potential to be a +40% 3PT shooter because he has a good shooting form. Defensively, Dekker moves well enough to stay in front and with some coaching, he can become a pretty good versatile defender. The main thing that sticks out to me about Dekker is his confidence on the court. He plays with confidence and doesn't seem to shy away from the bright lights. Overall, I believe Sam Dekker could develop into a very special player that does all the intangibles for a championship team.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You got to give him more credit than that dude. He's leaps and bounds better than most of the supposedly athletic 6-8 to 6-10 guys that have come through the Rockets once upon a time. I'm talking not only B-Ball IQ but athletically gifted here. Goes straight to the rim for a reverse or over the defender and then there were a couple of weak sided help blocks. How many guys that come into the league at his size that are supposedly athletic but never did any of those things in limited minutes? I like this kid and he's already upgraded his own value. Unless you can get a guy like Noel or something like that to help at the 5 or a really good PG there's not much value or help in return for trading him away for anything less. I think he's on the radar of other teams already based on his performance so far in limited action.

#339 Liberon, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  20. Joseph Ho

Joseph Ho Member

I do give Dekker credit. I think he's a special player and instinctive. He's been incredibly impressive since returning this season. He is a good athlete no doubt but he's not a physical freak. He is not a special talent or anything like that but he is a well rounded player that is a major factor coming off the bench for Houston.

macho GRANDE likes this.