1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley's near triple-double tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He had 18, 9 and 9 tonight. Very impressive. He almost doubled Harrell and Nene's combined rebound total tonight (5). He got 9 assist next to Harden's 14.

His rebounding and passing have been much improved in his first 19 games to start the season. Maybe I could expect slightly better rebounding because Howard is gone this season (not 6 rebound, 3rd best on team better though), but his passing is suprising to me, especially with Harden's enhanced role, along with the addition of Gordon who is the main ball handler off the bench.

His defense has deservedly gotten attention this season by us, but I want to make sure his passing and rebounding gets some love too.

He's averaging roughly 8 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assist, 1.5 steals in 30 mpg, with 38% 3pt shooting and a 3 to 1 assist to t/o ratio

Thank you Bev for all the hard work! And MDA for positiong him to suceed in the system.

#1 ThatBoyNick, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Patience, DudeWah, kubli9 and 10 others like this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

All thanks to........the system

hakeem94, jevjnd and BootyHunter like this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He looked in fantastic shape coming into the season and now it's paying dividends

jevjnd likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I feel like this is his 3rd near triple-double in the last couple of weeks. It's coming.

heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  5. bongman

bongman Member

He is playing so well that even though Ego is playing at an all star level, there hasn't been long debates about who should start/end games.

6. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Yea he seems healthier than ever, but also his game and bball iq seems to have one upped and matured.

jevjnd likes this.
  7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Go Bev! We need him to stay healthy and contribute in every game

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. BootyHunter

BootyHunter Member

This is the best we have ever seen Pat Bev. Coach is unlocking his true potential

bizzy045 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

Correction

He had 18/9/9. :cool:

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

Beverley's biggest issue over the last few years has been staying healthy. Hopefully he makes it the entire season. The 2015 playoffs without him hurt us.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

The pg whisperer

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Since we are settings records all over the place, maybe Harden & Beverley would be the 3rd duo to both have triple-doubles in the same game? It can definitely be done and they would join MJ & Pip's 1989 and VC & Jefferson 2007. Beverley has been stellar!! His floater is actually a weapon now, he's confident and defense off the charts :D Thank you Beverley and MDA for making this all happen.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are a ton of PGs better than Bev, but he is an absolutely perfect fit next to ball dominant Harden.

Locks down PG position, hits his shots, never complains about touches or numbers, and constantly brings the energy.

Anywhere else hes an OK backup, here he's an indispensable starter.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

How great would it be for him winning DPOY? The more we win and the more Bev performs in big spots (vs Westbrook last game, nationally televised games) the better.

His overall skills have improved. He just needs to stay healthy.

Von Rafer likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bev Best Personal Stats

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We've got Patrick Beverley. Who needs Russell Statbrook? :D

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like he doesn't take every available 3pt shot like before. Now he takes his 3s only in rhythm and I feel like his basketball IQ has went through the roof.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow I guess I used his +- as his points, thanks for the correction.

Even more impressive!

19. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

Last friday against the Pelicans he was 2 ast short of a triple double (13 pts, 11 rb, 8 ast). Harden had a triple double that game and I couldn't help but think that there will be a game this year where they both get one. Seems like its only a matter of time.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We've been very close to both him and harden getting them in the same game--which I think would be an NBA first for Regulation Ames. Been done twice in OT games

DudeWah and hakeem94 like this.