1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela has a broken fibula

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We don't have the capspace. We are limited to the room exception. Time to let go.

Os Trigonum, Tha_Dude and D-rock like this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

In what universe would this go down at this point? Lol

3. Ranny

Ranny Member

I just came home from my Christmas poker night. i had some laughs, made fun of my friends, had some drinks, made some money then lost it, overall had a fun night where i disconnected myself from the real world. i then come home log in to clutchfans and see this BS, faaaaaaaaaaaack god hates us.

would the dream play for the vet min.?

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I honestly think we have a shot at keeping this streak (what streak?) going. As DuBose said in the podcast, Capela has only been our 5th or 6th most important player in the hot month of December. Harrell will have a chance to shine with even more minutes..there were multiple games where Nene had scheduled tests and we did just fine. Just view the next few weeks as "scheduled rests" for Capela. I think we can weather the storm and keep home court.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nene will be fine as his mediocre self for half the game.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HP says we have no capspace oh well, guess we have to live with no Dmo....too bad he would have fit in perfectly and been a great C/PF option.

DD

T for 3 likes this.
  7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah I noticed HP's comment after I replied..still, I don't envision the Rockets offering even vet min after the whole contract fiasco

8. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

You're assuming that teams go 5-in, 5-out when they swap their starters and bench players. They rotate in and out. Trezz has played against many starters. He played most of the 4th quarter against the Warriors.

9. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

They did offer D-Mo a contract, he agreed to it, but failed his physical. Which is why I'm not sure why people are still talking about him. His back issues are severe.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sux. Get well soon.

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Thankfully this Capela injury is happening during the soft part of the schedule in addition to Blake Griffin being injuried....Capela been playing around 20 minutes in December so maybe Rox can absorb the blow...it's not like Capela been playing 30 minutes+ lately...another test for the Rox to overcome but might not be as big as it appears

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And even if we had cap space, DMo wouldn't even take the phone call at this point due to how Morey blundered the situation. Agree, time to let go. The Rockets will just have to make due with what they have.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He did not fail his physical, the league stepped in about circumventing the CBA.

DD

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This is just speculation on your part, the real story hasn't surfaced yet. We do know that the Rockets played things by the book, we do know that Dmo is damaged goods, and we know it was BJ who didn't understand the CBA and how when you match a contract you don't have to match all of the incentives. That's where things got all screwed up, man. And that's not the Rockets or Morey's fault, because its pretty much standard operating procedure in the NBA.

15. BootyHunter

BootyHunter Member

Hey atleast it's Capela and not Harden/Gordon. We would be royally screwed. I'm confident we can keep this groove going with Nene and Harrell

Mazulis and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I don't know about others, but I'm fearful of Capela's absence because he seems to grab a few rebounds each game which he has no right grabbing.

His quick leaping ability is something else on occasions.

Blowouts this won't matter as much - but in close games those possessions are vital.

D-rock and Tha_Dude like this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Shut yo mouth. How could you even fix your lips?

18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

D-rock likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Nerlens Noel just switched agents, now represented by back door deal Dan Fegan. So that door may be closed. He also represents Larry Sanders as well for good measure

20. Chamillionaire

MDA likes a 8-9 man rotation, but Montrez has made it impossible for MDA to keep him on the bench hence going with a 10 player rotation. If that doesn't tell you how much MDA believes in the Monster, I don't know what will.

It's not how tall you are. You don't play with the top of your head. He's got freakish length. I think we'll be ok. We'll lose whatever rim protection we had with Clint but not much else. Montrez has got really good hands and plays 100.

I'm confident he'll play even better with more burn. Same goes for Dekker and Nene.

hakeem94 likes this.