1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel: "Figure this s---out."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsTerps, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If he is smart he'll just beat out Okafor in practice. He can play with Embiid no problem at all. On defense, Embiid is the C and on offense Embiid is the PF.

Just needs to shut up and work hard.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

You can't 'waste' a cancer. A cancer like Noel wasted himself by lashing against the coaches/GM's decision to play him 8 minutes in his SECOND GAME of the season.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

It was bad asset management from Hinkie to Colangelo. Had Hinkie drafted Porzingis, this mess wouldn't have happened. Last offseason, they should have traded Noels or Okafor regardless. I remembered teams were offering Zach Lavine or Jeff Teague for Noels, and Colangelo refused those offers. It would be a surprise if the Sixers can still find enough values for Noels.

I think Noel didn't really lose. He wouldn't get enough playing time in Sixers anyway. He will get traded or sign a good contract next season with another team, and that will be the end to his mess.

Anyway, I guess the Sixers can still do better than a package of Ennis/Onaku/KJ/Brewer/2nd round pick. I know you guys would be against dealing our fan favorite in Dekker, but it won't be enough even if the Rockets includes him.

4. BackdoorHarden

Now he's a 0 minutes guy. LOL. Went from 8 minutes to 0 minutes as Sixers have decided to move on without him.

Inactive against the Nets.

Noel: 'I'm not an eight-minute player'
    Nerlens Noel sounds off after the 76ers' loss to the Lakers and he only plays eight minutes.

Pen15clubber and Noob Cake like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

Not enough even if we include dekker? Are u drunk? Im pretty sure they would trade noel for dekker in a heartbeat.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

0 minutes for Holmes too, and Simmons is not even playing...

I wonder if they just don't trust Embiid integrity going forward, i mean, with the injuries he got you can't blame them if that's true. Maybe they just want to keep Noel cause he's a better option than Okafor to play next to Simmons if Embiid goes down...only problem is that Noel just doesn't want to be there at this point, he's gone anyway, i think he'll eventually sign the qo if they'll not trade him.

7. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Not drunk. Rockets fans always overvalue their players more than they are actually worth. Dekker is playing very well now, but let's be realistic. Dekker is going to be at least a solid rotation player, but nobody knows if he is going to be a solid starter. People will argue that Noel is going to be a serviceable starter. I think he's worth a 10th overall pick. Will anyone give up a 10th overall pick for Dekker?

8. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Nah. I think Noel will sign a lucrative contract and hope the Sixers won't match. He has absolutely no chance of playing starter minutes for the Sixers, so there won't be an incentive for signing the QO to increase his value.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, you're probably right, if he signs a 15/20x contract i don't think the Sixers will match

10. HTM

HTM Member

Good lord wtf is wrong with people.... That stuff about what he did to his rental home.... jesus, act like a respectable human.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't even know what to say about that lol

12. Rockets4Life13

U are heavily undervaluing the circumstances. Dekker shows a ton of upside, is healthy and plays about 20/game on a 21-7 team while Noel is coming off an injury, wants to get the hell out of Philly and plays 0 minutes on a crap team like philly.
    People should start to think before they post...

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

if i had my pick, i'd trade for okafor - i could see harden and him scoring a ton of points for years.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he got his minutes today... ZERO

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Another upset Dmo fan looking for new way to comfort his hurt feeling.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

0-10 will not please Harden.

amaru likes this.
  17. BackdoorHarden

Yea, people really don't understand that a guy that average 10 points and 8 rebounds on a 7 win team the entire season is like a guy averaging 1 point and 1 rebound on a 50 win team. Noel can't even put up a double double on a horrible team. Dekker is doing great on a 60 win teams. Winning is everything.

18. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Not really.. i didn't like how that dmo situation was handled, but ultimately I respected the Rockets' decision to do what's best for the team. well, just best wish to Dmo. While many on the forum think posters like DD sometimes defend his view more than he probably should, at least they are quality posters who can accept others' different viewpoints and refrain from low quality attacks on others.

That's a good point. But guys like McGee still receive contracts after contracts because of their upsides. Noel is a freakish athlete who gets steals, blocks, and will continue to have his market. To me, Noel is probably overrated, but It takes just one team to offer the sixers the best deal. All I should be saying is dekker won't be the best offer the sixers will get. I like dekker too, and if you have seen my previous posts, you would also notice that I think dekker deserves playing time to realize his potential. I'm not even disputing his talent. However, Dekker has played less than thirty nba games, was drafted late in the first round, and averaged seven or eight points a game. There will be teams likely to offer the sixers a package of more established players. So do you guys really think the Sixers or teams around the league are valuing Dekker the way the rockets fans are?

19. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

And just to be clear. No. The rockets should not even trade Dekker. Let him realize his potential. I think he has a chance to be a starter quality player in a year or two, but like everything in life, there's no guarantee that he will.

20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Hinkie wanted to draft Kristop but was overruled by the ownership group...

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-hinkie-is-head-over-heels-for-kristaps-porzingis-061715

http://www.phillyvoice.com/reports-...e-take-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/

BigMaloe likes this.