1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Most definitely.... Impossible

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Brooklyn for sure needs a 1st. We need to be looking at who wants Brooke. 3 team where we send brook a first.

Codman likes this.
  3. Ndz

Ndz Member

Houston should shop for a decent 4 with some 3 shooting capacity to back up Ryno. Anthony Bennett (serious) could develop into something serviceable, if anyone could whisper to him it would be Dantoni

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

delete

BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  5. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

So like a 1st for Brook Lopez? Hehe. He may not be an anchor but hes in the top half of centers in the league. Not my first choice but he should fit the team like a glove. There's a certain pg there of asian decent that took D'antoni's system and ran with it. I can't say his name though because if you say it 3 times his fans show up outta nowhere. Not saying he should be the focal point of the trade either but he would be decent collateral, imo.

6. Garner

Garner Member

....what'd you say

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

8. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Brewer and KJ for Nikola Mirotic and a filler.

Mirotic has struggled all season and a change of scenery can revitalize his season. I think he would be a good fit... Can play the 2,3 and 4.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Codman post from the Noel thread in the NBA Dish:

ramotadab and Deuce like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

How is okafor rebounding
    ? And it just seems to me he plays too small. Don't like and I would have to pass. But haven't watched much of him since he left duke. Was a beast at duke but college and NBA are two different animals.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i think tiago splitter is out with a hammy but i remmeber him setting good screens for Tony Parker, He would be great for the second unit to get Gordon and Co more open shots and move NeNe to every other game with NeNe-itis.

ATL -

OUT - Tiago/Korver
    IN- KJ/Brewer/Ennis

Houston
    Out KJ/Brewer/Ennis
    In: Tiago/Korver

Houston does it because it needs another Center and Korver is great moving without the ball that would fit the system great! These would all be 1 year rentals.

ATL does because KJ is D12s friend and Brewer will speed up their offense. Ennis is a young player and they need another pg also, Brewer/KJ are team options i believe so this doesnt hurt their cap space... but i could be wrong.

JamalP. likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Codman, but not a fan of his desire for Okafor. Hope he's wrong on this one, Rockets don't need more scoring from 5 spot - they need elite level rebounding and rim protection, especially in postseason.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. BigMaloe

Oh no absolutely not what I meant lol. I do not want Lopez.

What I meant is find a 3rd team that wants brook Lopez. We send a first to Brooklyn, third team gets Brooke, we get some player from that third team.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Houston does it, Atlanta does not.

Look, guys. I'm not trying to claim I'm any better at NBA management than anyone else here. We're all just Rockets fans. But you have to be able to see that no other front office sees value in Brewer, Ennis, KJ, Bobby Brown or Kyle Wiljter. They may try out a couple of those players, but they certainly won't give up anything of value for that chance. Brewers contract might be manageable, but not when he is a major offensive liability and when you would have to give up someone for him. KJ is not the player this forum makes him out to be. Remember when he was a restricted free agent, lots of posters claimed teams just assumed we would match so they didn't bother. Maybe they didn't offer him a contract because he hasn't accomplished anything and besides a very short stretch where he showed athleticism, doesn't really offer too much potential. Why give something up for Ennis when you can roll the dice on a D-league player and not give anything up.

If we trade any of those players, it'lll be because either A) we attached a pick to it that the other team wants or B) we are acquiring a player that the other team really wants to unload and there isn't much of a market for him

da_juice likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I agree with you 100% that we need a 5 that can defend and rebound (e.g. Tyson Chandler). But come playoff time, we might...JUST might...need a post player that can score inside the 3 point arc when our perimeter shooting is bad.

If we can get Okafor without taking away valuable cogs to this team I'd do it.

ramotadab and BigMaloe like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z36sebn

Phoenix receives:
    Jahlil Okafor
    Corey Brewer
    KJ McDaniels

Philly receives:
    Rights to Sergio Llull
    Rights to Alessandro Gentile
    2018 1st Rounder from Phoenix via Miami
    2017 2nd Rounder from Houston via Denver

Houston receives:
    Tyson Chandler

BigMaloe and ksny15 like this.
  17. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

its called the random trade thread. Also,How about you find a trade that might work? I dont think my purposed trade is horrible.. especially if you add in picks.
    ATL has 29M in expiring contracts? Taking a few players from them in exchange for picks isnt to far off from what might happen if they decide to blow it up. Considering all the talk about ATL about to blow up. I think all the other trades involving Milsap is harder to come

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I did suggest a trade a few posts back. I don't know man. It seems unrealistic to me. Korver and Splitter are both players Atlanta would play (Splitter when healthy). They're both off the books after this year. Brewer has another year on his contract and most people don't want him to play. Sure, Atlanta may want our picks, you made no mention of that before. But you made it sound like Atlanta would want some of our players ("KJ is Dwight's friend, Brewer would speed up the tempo"). I can assure you Atlanta don't want any of those guys (KJ maybe if they don't give up anything, not for Korver).

19. BigMaloe

I like it, I like almost any trade that can net us tyson without losing key bench players.

I think tho, that Philly has to get a player in return and I would imagine phoenix doesn't want to trade that Miami pick since its unprotected.

Swap out that Miami first with chriss and we prob have to bump our 2nd rounder into our 1st(practically the same thing with our record being so high).

Phoenix gets brewer/kj/jahlil
    Philly gets Chriss/hou1st/allesandro/llull
    Houston gets Tyson

I'd do it

20. BigMaloe

Kj+2nd for korver I think would work.