1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I think the Sixers fans are underselling Noel. I think he is maybe a 10th overall pick.

2. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Probably. I would like to add 3-team or 4-team trades are rare. It's so hard to make all invlolved content.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Noel didn't see the floor tonight.

4. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

If the Rockets keeps winning, I really don't see them making an overhaul to the roster unless for an allstar that will fit. I think it's safe to say that Harden, Capela, Gordon, Ariza, Anderson, Beveley, and Dekker will be here for our playoff run.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I agree. Aside from a great deal for Harrell or Dekker, I think the only one on the way out is KJ. That experiment is done.

dragonwill likes this.
  6. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

What's wrong with KJ anyway? I didn't remember seeing him suck this year.
    Is the only reason why he doesn't get playing time is because Dekker is simply better, most notably as a shooter?

7. valorita

valorita Member

KJ has not developed much.
    Still can't shoot or dribble.
    Is a terrific athlete but wastes it by being not a smart and disciplined defender.
    Does not play well or hard in the limited opportunities he is given to garner more minutes.

ramotadab and BigMaloe like this.
  8. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

gabion likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I gave you his best career numbers % wise. I mean if you want oer game stats sure but then there would be absolutely no comparison between him and Tyson (never was honestly besides "potential')

You can argue and I'm in agreement that Tyson isn't the type of investment Morey would make. But in lue of the Gordon and rhyno signings, along with the harden extension, it appears he is all in with this current squad. He's trying to win a chip during gardens prime, while we have control, which is only 2 years after this.

All the flexibility stuff I think went to the back burner this off season. Even more so with how we are playing.

Morey has always stated it takes a top ten offense and defense to compete for a chip. Well since Bev's return we are top 5 in both.

If this continues, morey will go all in.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Most definitely. The best trade we can make will most definitely involve our 1st Rd Pick and a 2nd rounder or Gentiles rights, which I would be more than happy to see if it can get us a semi-useful player. We have enough young players to develop with Dekker, Harrell, Capela and Onauku. Also, Morey can always grab someone in the 2nd round.

12. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I mean the trade machine says it's successful but if I'm Orlando, I'm not trading a starting piece for crazy legs, never plays or 'why am I even here?'. Have to add a pick or multiple, depending on market value.

Next, where are his minutes going to come from? He could possibly play center until Capela gets back, I don't even know how long Capela is out. When he gets back though can Serge play the 5 for a prolonged period of time? It's likely putting him in a place he isn't really developed for. Serge has been working on his outside game quite a bit.

If Sam Dekker could play a reasonable amount of time at the 3, it could maybe work. Right now he plays 85% of his time at the 4.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Teams that would want another 1st Rounder:

Dallas and Brooklyn stand out for me. I mean alot of teams would take another 1st rounder but the really bad teams seem to mostly have too many young players to develop so a late first rounder isn't that appealing.

Unless Dirk gets healthy and Dallas turn things around, they'll be looking to build through this year's draft.
    Brooklyn would take an 1st round pick after giving away all theirs.

Question is do those two teams have anything we want that they would be willing to give up without asking for much in return besides picks?

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know this trade won't wow anyone, but what about:

We send either KJ + Onuaku or KJ + 1st Rounder (with Brown or Wiljter to match salaries) for Justin Hamilton and Randy Foye.

Hamilton is a 7'0 center who can be a stop gap if a Capela or Nene take games off, and he shoots a few threes (.342 but that could improve in our system). Also, 7 points 4 rebounds in 20 minutes is something to work with.

Randy Foye would be used if Bev or Gordon take games off. His numbers haven't been impressive in a few years and is not an ideal replacement for any of those guys but he is a veteran. Was on the OKC team last year.

We don't end up giving up much, Morey can probably do better with a 2nd rounder than a possibly 25th pick in the draft, and gets insurance for any injuries that may occur. Brooklyn wouldn't give up much and get a pick out of it.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'd much prefer dealing with Brooklyn than Dallas, although I don't know what they would have worth trading for.

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. See my next post right above you.

da_juice likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Seriously, I just did a little more research on Justin Hamilton. I think this guy would totally fit our system. If Brooklyn would give him up for a 1st rounder I'd want to see it happen. He's had a couple big games where he's hit 3+ three pointers this season.

#497 Zoplicone, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Garner likes this.
  18. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I have slim interest in either one. Foye is old and 30% 3pt shooter, Hamilton is just a body. Neither one really tickles my fancy. I don't want my center shooting 3's, I want him getting boards. I will say that this seems like one of them low-key Morey moves that happens at the trade deadline. Maybe moved up because of Capela's status. Foye at least offers us a veteran presence.

I understand we are trading non-rotational players/picks for people who can contribute, but I would much rather have a young buck who can develop for the future of our franchise. Nerlens Noel seems like the best get right now. He's not the move to push us over the top but he is the piece that if we can add without losing any rotational players we get much better. 22 years old, will be a RFA which we can easily match. He can grow with Capela and when the time is right to move on, they will be an attractive age to do so.

Make it happen Morey, I've been convinced this is the best move.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah that's fair. I just think the Brooklyn one is more realistic. I'd be very happy if we got Noel and didn't give up any of our rotation. Seriously though, Hamilton could be more than a body in our system. I know he's not a savage rebounder but we're not looking to replace Capela or anyone for that matter. And we can have a unit where everyone is playing their natural position and yet everyone can possibly shoot the three.

20. dawesome

dawesome Member

The one player I want to see in this team right now is Gordon Hayward. But without changes in our main line up. Impossible?