1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel: "Figure this s---out."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsTerps, Dec 17, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Read the fine print. "Hollinger Analysis" says trading Brewer for Noel will decrease our projected wins by 1. :eek:

BigMaloe, da_juice and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Because he'll take some of Capela's minutes? Do you guys think he is better than capela?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't. I see him as a great rim protector backup to Clint.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

Hell no

D-rock likes this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

not feeding trolls today

6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Sounds like you drank too many brews before making this post. That's the craziest thing I've heard in a while. Brewer is HORRIBLE and his game has zero resemblance of Shawn Marion in his prime or otherwise.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I rather have Brewer.

Noel is a toxic cancer and an offensive non-factor.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Noel and Covington for Brew, Ennis, Chinanu and rights to Llull. Would even throw in lottery protected first to sweeten deal.

Noel and Covington would make our bench downright scary, offensively and defensively.

9. Fantasma Negro

Love think trade because the Llull saga would finally be over. Don't see the sixers giving Covington back but Brewer actually meshes well with the sixers because they both suck

D-rock likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Obligatory "Yule C"

ramotadab, BigShasta and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

This is the fault of 76ers management, they've drafted all of these big mens, blindly. Now, they don't have time to put them all of the floor or give them time to develop. I think they will end up trading both Okafor and Noel, but keeping Embiid. Who probably would flourish more with a veteran power forward.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You nailed it. They have a stupidly unbalanced roster.

Assuming Embiid holds up that long, Okafor and Noel better be gone by the deadline. Not sure what they get for either guy.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sam Hinkie, who is no longer there.

Let's ask Sam what the plan was. ;)

BigMaloe, Nook, Deuce and 3 others like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I feel for Nerlens. He's right. He is too good. I remember my senior year of high school, I switched schools and the soccer coach didn't like me. So I get benched. He puts me in one game where we're struggling to score and I scored 3 times in 11 minutes. Takes me out. Next game, puts me in, right away I score. Takes me out. Next game, I barely play. Sometimes coaches don't use what they have and it sucks for the players that don't get well deserved burn.

Rokman likes this.
  15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't see Anderson going anywhere. The reason this offense works is because we have Anderson. He draws his defender out to the 3 point line which allows Harden to make the magic he is making the season. Noel replacing Anderson, or anyone unable to hit the the 3 close to .40% is going to end up clogging the lanes and limiting Hardens affectiveness in creating a free flowing offense. Anderson will come out of his slump and we will all rejoice.

mikol13 and ramotadab like this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Ok bc Noel has been exceptional right?

17. Raz

Raz Member

Now there is no way back.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like they figured that **** out.

Nerlens Noel will not be in the 76ers rotation unless either Joel Embiid and Jahlil Okafor get in foul trouble for the foreseeable future.

Sixers coach Brett Brown said before Friday's game againt the Brooklyn Nets that he's making move because he doesn’t think he can effective play three big men. A fourth center – Richaun Holmes – will also take a hit.

Brown said the decision has nothing to do with Noel’s voicing his displeasure with only playing 8 minutes, 2 seconds in Friday’s 100-89 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.

The 6-foot-11, 232-pounder missed the first 23 gamse with a inflamed tissue above his left knee. He played scored eight points in 10 minutes during his season debut against the Detroit Pistons on Dec. 11. He missed the second half of the game and sat out Wednesday’s matchup against the Toronto Raptors with a left ankle sprain.

Noel returned to action Friday against the Lakers and recorded 2 points, five rebounds and one block while playing all his minutes in the first half.

He voiced his displeasure with that in the locker room.

"I'm not an eight-minute player. So I don't know what that's about,"Noel said at the time. "I don't really care [who he's paired with]. I need to be on the court playing basketball. I'm too good to be playing eight minutes right now, that's crazy, that's crazy, that's crazy. Need to figure this [stuff] out."​

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wow 76ers really wasting Noel

20. Nook

Nook Member

Nerlens Noel is a damn clown.

Get your life off the court in order first.

He missed the First 6 weeks of the season with an injury {not his first injury) and after your second game back, he is complaining about playing time?

Q-Tip headed loser.