1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Ndz

Ndz Member

We just need Ryno to keep showing up against big teams like he has, he would be worth that money.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anderson Scores 20 against San Antonio and 29 against GSW we still mad.

if Anderson AND Gordon have good games at the the same time.... watch the **** out. Rockets flood Toyota Center with the moisture.

3. hahachui

hahachui Member

Anyone notice this?
    Ryan Anderson always has one of the highest +/-
    I think his existent alone worth the money and rockets plays smoother offence with him just standing behind the 3pt line

D-rock, RudyTBag and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yeah I'm easing up on ryno. I would like to see wiltjer get some of brewers minutes though. Keep a sharpshooting 4 on the court at all times.

Bo6, kevtse and hahachui like this.
  5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I think you're the one that needs help there but I'm really just posting because of how hilariously off-base your signature is.

We won't win unless we get a "more efficient and more creative playmaker" than Harden? Have you happened to catch any of the games this year? Because there isn't one. Harden is the most efficient AND creative playmaker in the league and he's leading it in assists. Just letting you know since you've apparently been living under a rock since the season started.

King1, D-rock, raining threes and 7 others like this.
  6. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

How you gonna call that man a born loser. He's on the kings. Put him in the east and his team will be right their in the conference finals vs lebron

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ryno's ability to anchor a PF at the perimeter alone is worth his contract. All that yummy spacing for Harden, plus an extra shooter to kick it out to.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

although ryan has bad games, he is shooting 39% from the 3's which is great for a PF and helps stretch the court for harden to do work

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ryno isnt the only spacer in the entire world. The whole "spacing" thing falls flat on its face when you realize 4 players on the Rox provide spacing at any given time, and the "spacing" doesnt really disappear when Anderson sits either.

The only reason I've stopped ******** on Anderson is because he broke out of his slump with some clutch games against GSW and SA, and more importantly the Rox have been decimating opponents and Anderson has been a part of that. Right now I dont want any trades to happen because this team is gelling, and I want another couple of cracks at top teams before trades are made.

But objectively speaking, this Rox team is still below GSW, SA and Cleveland I'd put them no 4. Anderson is easily the worst player on the starting lineup behind Harden, Clint, Gordon and Ariza. You cant have your 2nd highest paid guy by a large margin be the 5th best player, the only reason we can get away with it is Gordon has been playing like we expected Anderson to be doing. If the Rox want to upgrade the team, Anderson should be included in any deal as he makes too much money for what he provides.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I pretty much agree with this.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If it is floor spacing only, at some point you have to consider if Wiltjer can do the same job more efficiently and for less money.

Ryan is doing fine but I could see Trader Joe flipping him at some point.

DD

12. basketballholic

Very simply. If Harden keeps his turnovers to around 4 or less we have a chance. But if he doesn't, then we don't. Yes he is playing sensational right now. Sms he's kept the turnovers down over the last few games which is a huge plus. He'll have to prove to me he can do it for the balance of the season.

And then the playoffs are a different animal with great defenses and great individual defenders. I'll have to see him string together a long string of low turnover games against the better teams before I will be convinced he's capable of leading us to a championship.

Yes the stats are gaudy, just like I told you they would be. Yes Harden is easily a top 5 player, in my opinion top 3. But until I see certain evidence manifest itself we are not going to win a championship this way. We're going to get knocked out in the playoffs amidst an avalanche of turnovers.

Keep reading reading posts. I'll make it clear if and when I change my mind and you can make fun of that too.

Merry Christmas

13. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

There are 3 pointers, and then there are Ryan Anderson 3 pointers. An Anderson 3 pointer is 4 feet behind the arc, minimum. You don't get any extra points for those 4 feet, but you do get 4 more feet of space. That's 4 more feet the defender has to step away from the basket area. 4 more feet of the defense being stretched to create opportunities for Anderson's teammates inside the arc. And the effect cascades all the way to the basket, because now the guy who receives the ball at the free-throw line has more space, and when one of the remaining 4 defenders rotates to him, the guy cutting to the hoop has a clearer lane to catch and finish.

Anyone who has played 4 on 4 and then 5 on 5 understands this. With 8 players, there's a lot more space. And more space is what a guy like James Harden feasts on.

So the test of Anderson's effectiveness isn't just whether he makes the shot. It's whether the defense is sufficiently afraid of his shot to stretch all the way out there.

Rashmon, ArtV, Jake Tower and 8 others like this.
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

We have gone through this before and I am not going to waste my time debating this. I will just say it like this; there is a HUGE difference between having a guard provide you with space and a power forward. Beverley, Gordon, and Ariza does NOT anchor a power forward. If you can't see that, I have zero idea which games you are watching. I suggest you go back and watch recordings of what opposing D looks like when Harden plays with Anderson and without. Also, spacing doesn't suffer as much because of the way we rotate the ball to break down the D. This is because MDA is our coach. Again, watch the game and pay attention to the PF when Anderson doesn't play. The other team's PF will always drift into the paint to help with Harden. Ideally Wiltjer will develop enough where he can come off the bench and then we can always have a stretch 4. Currently, we will often move in Dekker for our small ball lineup and use him as a stretch 4, since Trez doesn't provide nearly as much spacing.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I completely agree with this

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yup and a big reason Ryno had the highest +/- differential last night over everyone including Gordon/Harden

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ryno better step it up tonight. If he can give us 16 a night, I'm happy.

roslolian likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

The whole point of having a spacer is because teams cant leave the 3 pt guy wide open. If the guy is a known 3 pt shooter then he definitely will guard the pf, are you saying when Ariza plays the 4rth spot the opposing pf just watches him take 3 pt shots while he stays in the paint? That's preposterous and untrue. Sure the opponent can stick to Anderson more, but thats only because Anderson cant blow by his man for the drive in the paint whereas Ariza can actually sky in for the dunk so the opponent has to give a bit of space to react to what Ariza does.

Even if Anderson does provide superior spacing (which is true), he is still the weakest link in the best 5 and should be the one traded away in the event the Rox want to improve. Its easier to find a guy better than Anderson then it is to find a player superior to Ariza, Harden, Gordon and Capela esp when you take his salary into account. There are lots of spacing PFs out there who can also provide spacing while shooting better than 41% overall fg and scoring more than 13 pts a game.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

After the cap goes up again this offseason his contract will look better.