1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

What about Omer Asik?

If he could be what he was in 12-13 for us, I'd welcome him back with open arms.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah no. 12-13 is a long time ago. He's garbage

D-rock likes this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Is he really bad at defense now?

I can't watch a Pelicans game. Zero interest.

4. BigMaloe

Yes horrible. He plays like 15mpg, similar to brewer type production.

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

here's a crazy one: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j5297vu

Ryan Anderson, Brewer, and KJ McDaniels (and a pick)

for

DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay.

Works under the cap, nets Houston's +14. Since Cousins roams the perimeter he can play next to Capela, Gay can play SF or small ball PF, especially the latter if Capela/Cousins doesn't work like it should. Probably eats up Dekker's minutes, so might as well trade him too to make this completely unrealistic trade just a tad more realistic.

Sacramento gets a pick, a guy they tried to sign in the offseason, and two young guys (if you also include Dekker). And a savvy vet in Brewer (jk). But seriously, +14 !

6. wadero

wadero Member

7. wadero

wadero Member

You guys are stupid if you think we are getting both Cousins and Gay in a trade. The problem is we don't have enough to trump other offers from say from Boston or anyone else . Just stop with the unrealistic trades

8. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I've wanted Chandler for a couple yrs now. I just don't know about the length of that contract. He would
    do well with the Houston D'Antoni/Bzdelik scheme(s).

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

How about we do the world a favor and trade Brewer for Matt Barnes and then throw him off the team plane at 20,000 ft. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

rocketsfan611, Cashmoney and BigMaloe like this.
  10. BigMaloe

His contract is only for 2 more years after this season. He's not being overpaid anymore and will only be 36 at the expiration of contract. He would help mold capela and as he gets older would need less minutes by design. He could absolutely help us this year and next year (current harden window until he opts out). We have to put up a serious contender or risk losing him and going back to the treadmill.

Its def worth it IMO and I've always shouted flexibility and cap space.

Jatman20 likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Of course throw in are only sharp shooter white guy, we have, hey dont you think they take sam dekker too for maybe some kosta foolco? lol

12. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

I saw the NBA trending towards this current Rockets style. I wanted that contract last yr. Must be
    because I felt the Suns should be contending for the 8th seed this yr that I'm taking it out on Chandler.
    I'm fearful that he completely dropped off in production. I had the Suns 8th with talent like Bledsoe,
    Knight, Chandler, Warren, Booker, Tucker, Dudley, Len, Bender, Ect. I watched them early while they
    we're playing playoff contenders it seems like every game in the first 2 1/2 weeks. They lost most of
    them and in turn lost their confidence. That and Knight probably didn't like losing his job to Booker.
    Earl Watson is a terrible coach. I probably shouldn't hold it against Tyson Chandler. Suns are
    probably only 5 games off of where they should be.

13. BigMaloe

Honestly Tyson is still producing at top levels. Just look at his numbers or my earlier post.

14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Don't get me wrong BigMaloe. I'm not against the Rockets obtaining Tyson. Basketball-reference.com
    has Chandler at 27 mins per game and 0.5 blks per game. I'm not sure what is going on. Tyson has been
    at odds with the Suns since signing the current deal. If he is dogging it to get traded? Getting more blks
    helps him get out of there. It's a double edge sword since the Suns would not want to trade him then. He has gone from 0.7 blks last yr to 0.5 blks this yr. His blk% has gone down each of the
    last two yrs.....but blks are not everything. To your point, his PER has gone up from 14 last yr
    to 15 PER this year. I would like to watch him in the games coming up vs Rox. I can't tell you if
    he is being used wrong or if he is dogging it. Imo

#394 Jatman20, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    BigMaloe likes this.
  15. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

When you include picks, afaik the salary doesnt have to match exactly, I don't know the limitations of this.

I personally have little interest in Rudy Gay. I have mediocre at best interest in Boogie. They just don't fit my assumption of how D'antoni's system is ran. We would be taking Boogie away from the paint which i don't think is a good idea. When it comes to playing the MDA 4, I think Anderson is a better fit than Cousins. I think Capela is a better fit at center than Cousins. Cousins will try to get fancy with the ball, we do not need that.

Sacramento would go with a Boston package over that, and I think Rudy has positive trade value so it's not like he's just salary filler here.

If we really wanted Boogie, and I don't, we would have to give up youth. Expect to part with Dekker, Harrell, 2 firsts and possibly 2 of Beverley, Ariza or Gordon. He is a really good all-star. Not a superstar if you can't take scraps and get to the playoffs.

As for Rudy Gay, he's too old to invest into imo. The whispers of Paul George, who I do not believe is actually available, would be the best fit out there. The dude can ball and he plays great defense. I would focus on him over Rudy or Boogie, but I don't honestly believe him to be available. I think a reasonable acquisition is Gallinari but at the same time Dekker is a much cheaper and growing Gallinari so I don't honestly know what we can do. Sometimes the best move is none at all.

Also, side note... our guard rotation is freaking phenomenal. Harden/Beverley/Gordon? Outstanding!

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

I would like rockets to trade for Aaron Gordon. He's young and super athletic pf.

He would be like a poor man's version of Suns amare stoudemire.

He would be perfect for this team.

D-rock likes this.
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cousins with Capela would be my wet dream...esp if we end up trading away the only underachieving player on this team Ryan "the new teflon don" Anderson. I feel like Cousins at C with Capela switching back to his real position at PF would be a great fit with Harden, as Cousins has shown he can actually hit 3s from deep with accuracy.

But with the way the Rox are playing now I actually dont want any trades that might disrupt the chemistry we have right now. The Rox look downright unstoppable

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

Cousins doesn't fit Pringles offense. He doesn't like low post big men.

19. BigMaloe

Skip the blk numbers and %.

Check out rebounds and %.
    Look at his ts%
    Look at his 0-3ft shooting %
    Ft% is nice
    His o-rtg and d-rtg

Also he's not at arms with phoenix past I heard? IIRC, he wanted to stick it out there but may be open to moving. He likes phoenix. He's well regarded as a locker room guy and he is probably the main reason Dallas won their chip.

He can still ba

20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

**** them trades. Let this **** ride.