1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo a no-show to today's physical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 6, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would understand if he just fainted couple of times, give him time to compose himself.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. RightTooCensor

The Nets were pleased enough with D-Mo's physical to offer him a contract, so I don't see how his health could go from good to bad in the matter of days.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This is BS. I'm not saying what Bima posted is BS, I'm just thinking it's ridiculous that his agent would negotiate this type of contract and then ask him not to show up because he may not meet the requirements to get the incentives in the contract. Why the hell would BJ negotiate the terms of the contract the way he did then lol.

heypartner and malakas like this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Throw a tantrum all summer with your stupid BJ agent.

get paid and then bail out.

I'm beginning to think this guy is a drama queen and I used to like him a lot

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Btw guaranteed 20 page thread @J.R.

Going to shop for moar popcorn

J.R. likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

better here than in the Paging Codman thread. # @Batman Jones :D

Batman Jones likes this.
  7. Gadd

Gadd Member

Don't think they would just do some standardized tests while at full knowledge of his injury, you know..

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't understand his position at all.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

basketballholic really tried to tell us all the genius of BJ Armstrong lmfaoooooooo

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  10. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Only problem with this theory is that he will have to take a physical to get ANY contract with ANY team.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So you want Mcfail or Mike Hair instead?

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/06...we-have-our-rights-were-not-going-to-show-up/

"He has a right not to undergo the physical within two days of Houston matching, but that means the Rockets can hold him in limbo through March 1. On March 2, his offer sheet would become void, and he’d be a restricted free agent – and unable to sign with Brooklyn for a year. Houston could also elect to formalize its offer match or make him a restricted free agent – still without the ability to sign with Brooklyn for a year – at any point between now and March 1."

FANfrom86toNow, craguin and malakas like this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You don't seem to understand. The physical involves standardized tests that team doctors then review and analyze to determine short and long term projections. That means you can pass a physical for one team and fail another team's.

14. Rocket_Man_2.0

Something must be really wrong with his back if he doesn't want to take a physical.

15. craguin

craguin Member

CBA FAQ #76:
    Likewise, a player who last played in the NBA must secure a FIBA license before signing with a FIBA team, which requires FIBA to contact the NBA to obtain a written statement that the player is not subject to an existing and validly binding NBA contract.

CBA FAQ #44:
    The team must submit a First Refusal Exercise Notice within three days -- the actual contract usually comes a couple days later. The First Refusal Exercise Notice creates a binding agreement where the principal terms of the offer sheet will need to be part of the new contract.

Additional info per Larry Coon's blog post...
    It’s important to note here that the rules for restricted free agency say that when a team issues a first refusal exercise notice, the player and team “…shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract. Motiejunas is, for all intents and purposes, under contract with the Rockets now, and the Rockets have all the rules related to player discipline for failure to report at their disposal (along with the right to kick him to the curb by withdrawing their first refusal exercise notice).

#275 craguin, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    FANfrom86toNow and malakas like this.
  16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee????????????????????

17. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I think it's Dmo honestly

snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I guess next steps could be that the Rockets would suspend him without pay until he gets his physical.

I've never really been a DMo fan. I was more of a Jones guy in the Great DMo vs Jones Debates. And maybe this makes me a bad Rockets fan or a traitor (I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with the team), but I do get a perverse enjoyment out of DMo sticking it to the team. One, the RFA model is unfair to the players it affects and probably shouldn't be an element of the league. By resisting the strictures of the rules, they undermine the legitimacy of the structure. For two, Morey is the thought leader on leveraging RFA rules to maximize team value. Morey pushes hard on almost all his RFA players. So, with DMo burning the house down, he shows there is still risk you can push too hard and you can't ultimately force a player to put on your jersey. For three, I've seen Morey use medical information against players before. Given the rockiness of the relationship, I can't really say it's wise to give him any more personal medical information that he might use against you in the future.

No, that was not a gift. It was a gamble on what Parsons would be paid that offseason vs the next, and attempting to manage and maximize the salary cap. Morey was hoping no one would be willing to bet big on him. He also tried to depress Parsons value by telling the press he was stilling looking for that "third star." He lost on the gamble when Dallas overpaid. With Morey it's always business. He didn't gift Parsons anything. It so happened that the way he tried to help himself also helped Parsons.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

20. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

It'll be funny if he plays on the QO next year and BJ just cost him a year of earnings for nothing.