1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/1/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, was hoping for the tech call.

We could definitely beat the jazz in a series. I don't think we could beat the Warriors in a series.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What do all you ****ers do to where you are all off on Fridays ****in dickheads

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

does anyone follow harden on snapchat? this dude is too funny lololol

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Flagrant 2 + no Tech = Ejection

5. bongman

bongman Member

2 techs is automatic ejection.
    Flagrant 1 = 1 tech
    Flagrant 2 = 2 tech (ejection)

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Then why wasn't Green ejected after the kick? He had a tech from earlier.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  7. atam

atam Member

The Warriors can complain all they want, but they got away with 2 missed fouls that largely impacted the game.
    1) Draymond holds Eric Gordon and literally pulls him back as KD gets a wide open dunk
    2) Shaun Livingston grabs Dekker's arm and stops him from closing out on Curry (Curry would've probably made it anyway, but still you never know)

MORE ATTENTION NEEDS TO BE PAID TO GOLDEN STATE'S SCREENERS TO SEE IF WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO ALLOW THE SHOOTERS TO GET OPEN IS LEGAL!!!!!!!!!

There needs to be another official or they need to direct their eyes to the action before the three is shot (guys don't just get open off screens because they're that crafty) rather than watching the shooter's feet to see if it's a three. ALSO, travelling needs to be called. There were plays that were subtle but definite travels. I don't care about calling a tic-tac violation like that in crunch time, I'd rather get the game right.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In OT Harden should have given the ball to Gordon more. Let Gordon go 1v1 especially if Curry was matched up against him. Give me Gordon vs. Curry (with 5 fouls) over Harden against Iguodala.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I believe this game may have been what was needed to show James that he doesn't have to do everything.

Deckard likes this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The team could lay a stinker in Denver tomorrow night for all I care. They took care of business in GS.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Houston finally beat Oakland on the 2nd try

vstexas09 likes this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Denver game is tonight Mr. Fair Weather. Get your Shiite together !

13. Raz

Raz Member

Don't think Draymond can read or write.

Hope this win is a confidence boost for Ryno, Trez and Dekker.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man, I wish there was a thing where we could watch the games with game thread posts popping up at the time of posting. It would be so hilarious to watch the roller coaster.

15. Justin Dela Torre

Agreed, look at the work KD put in while curry was in foul trouble

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I knew it was tonight, I'm still living in last night mentally because I'm so amped over the win.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I do think if a player has a technical and is issued a flagrant 1 that they should be ejected. The worst part is that I feel if Green didnt have a technical from earlier they would have issued a technical on this play but instead issued a flagrant so he could stay in the game.

This isnt the first time a few years ago before Green became a major rotational player. Green had like 5 fouls, a tech and a flagrant (the flagrant was for clotheslining Harden on a fast break too)

http://www.nba.com/games/20131213/HOUGSW/gameinfo.html

That was the game - I was livid because Green at the time was a relatively no name and he got away with basically everything possible without being thrown out of that game. Guy has just gotten dirtier since (though he has developed tremendously since then too as a player)

This must be one of the grittiest victories in recent years - I mean if the Rockets come back tonight and beat the Nuggets then this team is really special and speaks volumes to their determination and heart. Will they be contending? Right now I dont think so they still have some glaring talent deficiencies in some area but they wont ever roll over like they did so much last season.

Deckard likes this.
  18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

At the end of the season you will probably be able to count the team that hang home losses on GS on one hand. Super proud that we're on that list.

19. joomba

joomba Member

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. What a win! I just got through watching the second half again. Crazy!