1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden 29 points, 15 rebounds, 14 assists

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Dec 2, 2016.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's the 6th time those stats have been put up in a single NBA game.

Draymond Greene x 1
    Grant Hill x 1
    Larry Bird x 1
    Lebron James x 1

And now Harden has done it twice.

James Harden x 2

Kind of a special player.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow, and now he need to learn to RUN the ball up all game long.

DD

3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

& he shot like ass.

It's encouraging when a player plays an overall above average game (although his defense was incredible, on ball & off ball) & he gets a triple double.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean that's great, but I was much more impressed by #TwoWayPlayer Klay Thompson though

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Hands down better than Harden. I don't even know why that was even a discussion.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  6. HookemHorns1250

This was Hardens best defensive game I think I've seen in.. I don't know how long? What was Klay for the night? Harden defended him when they were both in. The great close out on Durant at the end of the first OT.

So much effort tonight. Need better shot selection when we have the lead, but I'm just...the Harden Klay conversation just needs to be over. You put Klay on that Rockets team and take away Harden, this is a 30-40 point loss.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Exactly Harden just wasn't good enough for 3rd all NBA team last season. Maybe that was just another thing to put over the top though.

8. dwert

dwert Member

9. DaDakota

He was awesome.

DD

10. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't run EVERY single time when you're playing 46 minutes, starts every single play, is the whole offense, and plays superstar defense on Klay Thompson all over the court.

Bruh, have you played a game of basketball? You can't literally do what you're asking while doing all the other things I just mentioned. No one has enough energy to do that. He isn't superhuman.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The only exception is current Russell Westbrook. Everyone is limited by energy, you can't sprint for 36 minutes every game. But he's literally doing everything for his team and appears to be going 100% nearly all the time. Still looks pretty fresh at the end of games too. What he's doing is crazy.

12. joomba

joomba Member

Sometimes that works against his good judgement and harms the team's chance to win. Westbrook routinely shoots 30+ times in a game even when it's clear they are not going in. Gotta give credit to his high energy, but in terms of ball-hogging he needs to calm down a bit.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not sure what this is talking about.
    Are you saying at least those numbers for each category?
    If s ... ok... though kind of meaningless. Russ just put up 27, 18, 14 two games ago... but I guess that wouldn't count because of the 27? He had 41, 12 and 16 earlier this year, but that wouldn't count because of the 12?

I'm not downplaying it, just think it more effective if it's a category like "AT LEAST" x points, y boards, z assists.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

he's phenomenal. wish he would get out this shooting slump he's in though . down to 44% for the season

15. DaDakota

Yeah, I mean push the ball up the court - don't walk it up....he takes too much time and bogs things down from time to time...has to commit to the offense fully....

DD

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it would help if he deferred to Gordon when they are both in there together. Eric is more than capable of getting his own shot in the clutch. I know Harden is the PG, but he is carrying a huge load for this team, he needs to be able to trust Eric more in clutch situations. Last night having Eric iso Curry would have been a much better option than Harden iso'ing against Iguodala plus the constant help defender. It just ended up eating up his energy more and he was dribbling the ball for almost 18 seconds before he started any move to the basket. He certainly made it easy on the defense.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fact of the matter is downt he stretch we need to mix it up otherwise we become way too easy to game plan for. Every possession starts with harden and opposition knows exactly what he is going to do. We should have Gordon create and move Harden off the ball every once in a while to keep them second guessing

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Has a guy ever evolved this dramatically throughout his career? The only other person I can think of is Mcgrady. I know James was drafted high, but he was a sixth man scoring punch to high volume scorer to now absolutely carrying a winning team in all phases.

He and Russ are 1A and 1B right now in the league.