1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

President Trump: Post election week one

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Do you feel more confident or less confident about Trump post election day?

1. I am left leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  2. I am left leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

20 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. I am right leaning and I feel more confident about Trump

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am right leaning and I feel less confident about Trump

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As accurate as all of your pre-election predictions have been, I'm sure it is only a matter of time unil this goes down.

Please give more details into the specifics of how you see it happening.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't vote in non-public polls. As for Trump, nothing he's done since the election has affected my opinion of the man. He is a corrupt, pathological liar who is busy making our country look like it is inhabited by fools. The rest of the world, understandably, cares about who won the office, not that he was elected by a minority of Americans, many of them swept into Trump's "arms" in a euphoria of bigotry.

JeffB likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a good way with dealing with bigotry and there is a bad way with dealing with bigotry. This encompasses everything, including with the post election results, the last 8 years of black racial tension or Islamic terrorism.

Pitting people against each, encouraging the 'us vs them' mentality, and over generalization is a terrible way to fight bigotry. I had a lot of problems with Obama doing this, but Hillary and Trump have taken it to a whole new level. Nobody is holding the media accountable for the blatant misuse of quotes.

You are misunderstanding in thinking that I believe Trump is a golden boy of perfection. I have just as many issues with him as I do Hillary. Trump did not campaign on the 5 or so bigoted words the media keeps hammering away with. He campaigned on being extremely anti-PC. While I tend to be very anti-PC myself, as a leader of a nation, you can not do this. This has emboldened the bigoted movements along with Hillary and the media hammering out every other sentence that Trump is a bigot. This is a terrible way to handle emboldened bigots, from Hillary, Trump and the media.

That said, this is Trumps game to clean up. He should be out speaking against these hate groups. Trump is going about normal business letting (and I feel this is intentional) the bigots antagonize the left. The media and the left continue to insult Trump supports by calling them all sorts of bigots instead of encouraging unity. There is so much division on both sides

Essentially Trump refused to close the door to bigotry and Hillary's media encouraged them to run right through it.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting the Trump backtracked on most of his campaign promises when he spoke with the Times. I wonder if he is just pandering to liberals to calm them down or if he really plans to govern differently that he campaigned. He even said that climate change was linked to human activity!

amaru likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No idea. I'm not sure if Trump even know what he will do.

Trump talk to A on subject X - you get responses for A.
    Trump talk to B on subject X - you get responses for B, that can be very different from A.

What will Trump end up doing? A or B? Not sure. Said on climate change - if his adviser is saying xyz and he go and meet other leaders and they are saying -xyz, what will he do? Uncertain.

We simply don't know. I think we just have to live in uncertainty for a period of time. We might know how he tend to head toward in a few months, but that also doesn't guarantee what he will do in the next 4 years (he probably will adapt and change is my guess as he's staring a new job and is in training).

The main thing I'm hoping for is he's a practical leader and he will listen to all sides. That's better than being ideologically stuck to said the alt-right, climate denier, etc side. But again, of course there are legitimate concerns since some of his close advisers are extremists.

6. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DWI

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I didn't see an answer to B-Bob thoughtful question.

I just want to make one statement. Call it wrong if you must. You stated "pitting people against each" and "us vs them". But what I see from you is "i hate liberal" statement or something similar literally. And I see most of your posting as anti-liberal. So if you truly believe in what you stated, start with yourself and try to remove your hate for liberals because, simply, when you hate a group, you are against that group and have the "your side" vs "their side" mindset.

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the Kobach folder gaffe was just a move he saw TV or really just a mental lapse?

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I haven't had time to watch the interview yet...but that sounds like what Trump has always been. So, yes, that is likely to continue. I am perfectly fine with that...I don't like government meddling in social issues, and would much prefer those be left to the states.

I am concerned about Sessions, for this very issue. We do NOT need another big war on drugs...the drugs are winning. The more you crack down on them, the more expensive they get, causing more of the very problems you were trying to eliminate by cracking down on them. Philosophically, this is also a 'social' issue the government should just stay out of. I am libertarian on this...if someone wants to smoke mar1juana, and it doesn't impact anyone else, then the government has no business stopping them...ESPECIALLY when trying to do so just causes a bunch of new problems.

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

What would make you think it wasn't? That's a fairly balanced team, from the right side perspective. It certainly looks a lot like the very thing they would have voted for.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The ultimate "white privilege" statement is saying that "black racial tension" is something that become a problem over the last 8 years. LOL

dmoneybangbang and JeffB like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find it interesting that you are taking as much joy from this considering that Trump himself frequently talked about the importance of keeping plans secret but now one of his political appointees goes out in front of the press with a strategic plan unsecured for all to see.

Just more of the ironies, or perhaps disconnections, among Trump and his supporters.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's been obvious for awhile that most of his supporters don't care about his policies, conflicts of interests, emails, morality, etc.

Most of his support was just about being tired of feeing like "white males have it harder than anyone else!"

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He becomes so unpopular with the general electorate that his own party ousts him. You forget that the only reason that Republican politicians are backing him is because they dont want to alienate the base.

I think he will violate the constitution (if he hasn't already) with conflict of interests. The fact that he already co-mingling business with presidential duties might be considered bribery from foreign gov't which is an impeachable offense - literally spelled out in the constitution as one of two things that are impeachable offenses (the other being treason).

It seems like he will continue to co-mingle and hide behind private meetings (bringing his daughter and son-in-law into these meetings of course) but at some point he will slip and his dealings will become public record.

If that happens combined with his supporters turning against him for being an awful president and failing to deliver on his promises he will get impeached with his own party leading the way and Dems happy to go along.

15. Dei

Dei Member

He was talking about military strategy with regards to secret plans, not policy, m8.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

"LOL" Your logic is insane. The reasons why the Republicans are backing him up is because the Republicans have the majority. If the liberals had the majority in Congress, they would be kissing his ass and crowing on how he really is a liberal president and he tricked the right into voting for a liberal.

Dei likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump n Dump

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think the truth is that the guy is a coward. He will agree with whoever he is speaking with at the time to avoid confrontation.

That's why Trump surrounding himself with fear-mangers and racists is even scarier than it appears at first glance. I don't think this dude has the balls to stand up against his own cabinet when they propose bad ideas.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So a plan dealing with potential terrorists doesn't have anything do with national security.

Anyway Trump talked a lot about being unpredictable in more than just military. That said he said a lot of contradictory stuff.

#119 rocketsjudoka, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  20. Dei

Dei Member

What?