1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump using taxpayer funded government website for $.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Nov 16, 2016.

1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

The world is getting more stupid the more you watch these TVs. Rachal Maddow is doing the exact advertising she accuses the website of. Funny.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Late stage...You mean trump should ipo his business while lowering interest rates to increase asset prices?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is the new normal because they've been rewarded everytime they produce ten scandals to erase the five really ugly scandals on the stale edge of the news cycle. That's how he dodged giving his tax forms, talking about his business failures, let alone the lack of any real details about his foreign and domestic ambitions(secret).

Change the way the media pigs eat their slop, and one of these scandals might just stick long enough for a real resolution.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that he listed all of his real estate properties on the site in marketing language (language meant to establish them as premium and desirable places to visit) is certainly using the power of the presidency to generate profit personally. However effective or ineffective it might be is not the question here. It's the crossing of an ethical line and is disturbing because it shows the willful disregard for respecting the world's highest and most powerful office and the nation that office represents.

5. Granville

Granville Member

I'm assuming that since it's a .gov page and Trump isn't in office yet, that the current administration has staff approve and add content. There's no way Trumps team went solo adding content to a government website without approval.

I doubt the folks that approved the content had any idea so many people would go full puss over this.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Trump won.

Clinging to conspiracy theories now?

Weren't the republicans getting made fun of for this prior to the election. Things sure have changed LOL!!!!

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Approval from current admin could be a wrong assumption. You and I don't know how those things work during transition of one admin to another. Waste of time to debate that for something that isn't that big of a deal.

As for those words, we both can safely assume they came from the Trump's team.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You think people believe there is a secret plan to put up those words and website? Is that what you are saying?

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I'm saying that after losing the election the liberal party is becoming exactly what they made fun of.

I honestly think this display of whining is going to push more of your middle leaning democrats to the right just out of sheer embarrassment on what is going on right now.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Again, how is what is in this thread conspiracy theory? As a reminder, conspiracy theory is a theory that explain some event or situation as a result of a secrete plan usually by powerful people. Like, the election is #rigged without any evidence is a conspiracy theory.

Maybe, because people can be deluded to see legitimate concern, even if small, as whining. I mean, do you actually agree that .gov should have marketing-like type material?

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is going to be a LONG 4 years with liberals finding a boogieman in every closet.

I have my deep concerns about Trump, but its going to be difficult weeding out the valid concerns with the chaff.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny watching republicans, er, "those on the right" whining about Democrats criticism of Trump. I guess the last eight years didn't happen.

But what happened to Trump's commitment to "draining the swamp"? Seems his idea of draining involves using huge firehoses to pump in more sludge. Apparently not a concern though. Oh wait, you have "deep concerns". LOL.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. droxford

droxford Member

I'd be surprised to discover that Trump is directly controlling the content of a government website right now, considering that the electoral college has not yet officially selected him to be the next president (which will occur on Dec. 19th). I think it's more likely that the current government employees that manage that website did a copy-paste from some bios for Trump and Melania and put that content on the web site.

Granville likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This. Some manager told an analyst to make a Meet the President-Elect page for the website. They shot an email to Trump Co and asked for some bios. Trump Co shot back some bios and the analyst did some copy-pasta. I doubt anyone did any review or even original writing until the press made a story about it. That's what Melania's bio has an outdated reference to QVC.

15. Granville

Granville Member

That is the likely scenario. Then Maddow throws that out on her show for gullible fools desperate for something to get angry over.

16. Granville

Granville Member

I agree with all except not doing a review. No way a government website lets employees post things without content review. It just that this isn't a big deal at all and no one expected such a petty response to it.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No expected one of the best rated charities to be accused of providing wealth to Hillary Clinton either. It's not that this is a huge deal, but it is more blatant than all the crap of which people have accused Hillary. Trump obviously knew it was wrong after he got caught doing it, and thus changed his page.

18. droxford

droxford Member

did you even read my post?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your post about what you suspected was going on and how the information was selected?

20. droxford

droxford Member

Right. Do you honestly believe that Trump currently has direct control over the content of this government website, considering that the electoral college hasn't yet selected the next president?