1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'm convinced Schaub could still be our starting QB. Younger than Drew Brees, Carson Palmer. I will forever regret that Schaub Seattle pick-sick. That play single-handedly ruined Schaub's career and changed the direction of our franchise.

RocketTOOL likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are winning in spite of him not because of him. He is one of the 3 worst qbs in Football.

3. Malaya

Malaya Member

Coaches had to get creative with injuries to usual offensive starters. I'd say it was a good win.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

good win and can't knock 6-3 but 99 yards??? we're paying this guy $37m in guaranteed money and he can't even crack 100 yards... he's just a terrible qb. we're obviously winning in spite of him and anyone who thinks otherwise is bobby.

Phillyrocket likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL, we are stuck with him

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I believe he wasn't the same after the lisfranc injury

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yet....Brock's team has a better record......by far.

8. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

I like Brock Osweiler. He's a great leader. He is just so damn inaccurate, it drives me nuts. There better be an open competition at QB next year, if not sooner.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#1349 zeeshan2, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

today's performance looked exactly how a game manager would look. brock seemed to hide most of the gun slinger mentality he's shown so far this year. perhaps this is progress that he can be steady if unspectacular while he continues to get more comfortable and grow in confidence.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope that was the plan, just to reign it in, and stay in the game with the run as much as possible. Unless our defense shuts Carr down next week he might not be able to use that strategy unless we light them up with our running game. I personally would like to see more of Hunt and less of Miller, because he seemed to find the gaps easier. My hope is that when Brock needs to let it rip he is prepared from practice. Who knows, it might be a secret weapon Bill has been perfecting for the perfect moment. Yeah, I know, wishful thinking, but we are stuck with him, so I'm going to see what happens.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Before everyone says "in spite of"... wins are wins, Dak is getting them with that Oline and an MVP running back, Siemien from the defense, and our schedule has been harder than Dallas at least. Yea we really lost the other games but it only counts one in the loss column no matter how bad.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Side note: The announcers yesterday said that Brock contacted Peyton over the bye, sent him some game tape, and asked for his opinion on what he is doing wrong. That's pretty cool

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wonder if Peyton told him to throw as little as possible, and if he did, just to throw 10 yards or less.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Never the same after the Denver game in Denver where he played excellent but got lit up and part of his ear cut. He heard footsteps from then on. Watch Eli Manning tonight and see the constant fear of footsteps. I don't blame them it is just something I have noticed and the only thing that can explain a typically poised QB going from good poise to no poise whatsoever.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Probably, that is what Peyton tried to do last year. He probably told him to let his defense and running game win it and don't turn the ball over like Bortles (the only other player in history to throw for a fumble). The problem is we need guys that can get better separation and get some YAC's. Maybe Hunt, Lamar Miller, or Braxton Miller or even Anderson in the flat? We got to find mismatches and take advantage. They are obviously going to have to open it up next week against the Raiders. Need to hit a deep pass early on. I wish Strong was healthy since I would take my chances with him in single coverage for a jump ball. Brock would probably under throw it though.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I love that last line. Sad, but probably true. Either that or he will throw it too deep. Let's hope he finally hits the target on a deep route.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ugh, it was hard enough to watch the first time!!!!!!!