1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela Has Made Dwight Obsolete

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If you're going to look at it that way, you need to first consider how much a healthy 2015 DMo is worth in today's market. After all, it was DMo, not Capela/Nene who replaced Dwight that season.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How was this a reaction to his departure when I made this thread last March?

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Disagree. Capela is just willing to do what Dwight wasn't. Enabling a better system and team chemistry, sure. Better individual talent? Not yet, if ever.

Balldon'tlie, kevtse and DreamShook like this.
  4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Dwight is still better than Caplea, case closed.

5. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

6. JazzLakerHater

No one ever said he wasn't. Capela is just a better fit because he knows his role.

7. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Dwight is a better defender and individual athlete. Or was, back in his Orlando days. But Capela is a great system player who knows his role. That's all we need at the moment.

Balldon'tlie and DreamShook like this.
  8. valorita

valorita Member

Dwight in a vacuum is a much better player.
    However, for our team style/chemistry/contract situation/projected future, Rox thought that the difference was not worth difference in bball rating.
    In the end, Howard was part of the problem and I would have been much more concerned if Morey decided to try it again by bringing him back after last year's disaster.

slothy420 likes this.
  9. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I would not have, because if Dwight would have returned, he could have no longer played ignorant to what his role was with the team. Now if he continued to not accept this truth it was on him for resigning and expecting different.

But it doesn't matter. Dwight is gone. Capela is here. And the intangible differences are evident. Contradicting this threads title.

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Capela looked very good tonight

DreamShook likes this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Looked great, aggressive on the boards and defense. That and finish the alley oops and some garbage points and it's just what the doctor ordered.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This was the capela I hoped to see at the start of the year. He was fantastic on D tonight he was in the right place at the right time.

Def his best performance of the young season. Hope he can continue to build on this.

I rather see Clint get 12+ rebounds and 3+ blks than him getting 15-16ppg and not doing the other things.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I didn't see a big difference frankly except that blocks are more exciting.

15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I think he had more discipline staying on feet rather than trying to go for the block. In a weird way I think that helped him to get more blocks.

16. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I see Capela blossoming into an all around system center that will eventually border on All-Star but will never really become one. He'll be paid and he'll be around the league for a long time as long as he stays healthy.

17. bongman

bongman Member

What also may be underrated are the altered shots that doesn't show in the box score. Every missed shot due to defense should be viewed as +2 points especially if it is within 5 ft.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I see a difference in that one guy is trying hard and one guy admitted he stopped trying hard.

#298 J Sizzle, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wouldn't go so far as to say Clint Capela makes Dwight obsolete. There were two Clint Capelas out there last night: the one that laid waste to Jahlil Okafor and the other that Embiid used as a c** rag.

Okafor looks hesitant out there, maybe due to being displaced by Embiid (and likely on the trading block, so why try hard?); Embiid will be a beast if he stays healthy.

Kudos to the good that Capela did, but we do need to upgrade in the frontcourt somehow. Just don't know who that'll be or what team he'd be from; someone who can run the floor and take a 'bow and give a 'bow.

20. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Watching League Pass last night with the 76ers commentary, the guys were just loading praise upon praise on Capela. I have to give it to them as they have a hard job trying to stay positive. Their approach is to compliment all players which works quite well instead of bashing opposing players.